Weak 10 Game

TheJect

As is customary Ceebass and SabbyLions and myself will be attending the lone battle of two 0-9 squads. This year we have Oberlin Phoenix at Brookside Cardinals. It should be…something.

Love the title. With the new playoff format none of the Week 10 games mean what they once did.
You continue to shout this from the rooftops but, did you ever think that when your team has lost 6 in a row and like 11 of 12, the lack of importance could be an illusion? No matter what you say.... (or how often :rolleyes:) week 10 still means a lot in Massillon and in the last 10 to 12 years it shows.

Love the title. With the new playoff format none of the Week 10 games mean what they once did.

🙄

Those old win and you're in, lose and you're out games are for home field now.

You have games that matter for double home field. Games that matter for home field. Games that are the difference between being a 9-12 seed and a favorable match up or a 13-16 and getting throttled. And you still have the teams on the bubble fighting for their lives.

Games mean just as much as ever.

🙄

Those old win and you're in, lose and you're out games are for home field now.

You have games that matter for double home field. Games that matter for home field. Games that are the difference between being a 9-12 seed and a favorable match up or a 13-16 and getting throttled. And you still have the teams on the bubble fighting for their lives.

And games that have been played since 1894. You're right....as much as ever.

Yes, but for different reasons than they meant before 2022.

I can infer something from what @my2sense is saying, "With the new playoff format none of the Week 10 games mean what they once did." Correct, they can mean more than they once did. Read it again slowly with an open mind.

Myopes see week 10 only for what it always has been.

Last edited:
As is customary Ceebass and SabbyLions and myself will be attending the lone battle of two 0-9 squads. This year we have Oberlin Phoenix at Brookside Cardinals. It should be…something.
These kids have worked hard for months. Lifting. Learning the game. Suffering injuries. Endless hours of practice on the hot days of summer. Missing out on lots of things other kids get to enjoy in the summer. Only to come up short each Friday. They've toughed it out despite that horrendous feeling of being winless. They deserve for it to be... something.

It will be what you make it. I have a feeling it will mean a lot to the kids on the field.

Good luck to both teams. Hopefully, we'll get an update.

They ALL matter.

These kids have worked hard for months. Lifting. Learning the game. Suffering injuries. Endless hours of practice on the hot days of summer. Missing out on lots of things other kids get to enjoy in the summer. Only to come up short each Friday. They've toughed it out despite that horrendous feeling of being winless. They deserve for it to be... something.

It will be what you make it. I have a feeling it will mean a lot to the kids on the field.

They ALL matter.
No, only black lives matter. Just ask the supporters of that group!

They ALL matter.
That’s why we go. To see the joy for those that get a taste of victory and unfortunately to see the agony of defeat. It’s easy to see the Moeller, Iggys, Massillons of the world. The Ject show ❤️ to everybody. Big school, small schools, powerhouses, private, public, big time recruits…

Yes, but for different reasons than they meant before 2022.

I can infer something from what @my2sense is saying, "With the new playoff format none of the Week 10 games mean what they once did." Correct, they can mean more than they once did. Read it again slowly with an open mind.

Myopes see week 10 only for what it always has been.

Ok that's fair, but 75% of the expanded playoff talk has been criticism and complaining.

My alma mater has lost 6 in a row. But if they win Friday against an 0-9 team, they will qualify for the playoffs as a 14 or 15 seed. I love my school, but a 3-7 record with six straight losses isn't playoff worthy. I imagine if you ask the coaches off the record, they would rather end the season with a win than make it in and get throttled your last game.

Just my take on the playoff expansion.

My alma mater has lost 6 in a row. But if they win Friday against an 0-9 team, they will qualify for the playoffs as a 14 or 15 seed. I love my school, but a 3-7 record with six straight losses isn't playoff worthy. I imagine if you ask the coaches off the record, they would rather end the season with a win than make it in and get throttled your last game.

Just my take on the playoff expansion.
I would think the kids want to play another game and be able to say they made it to the playoffs.

If I'm wrong, why not throw the game? The other team would then not have to suffer a winless season and your team wouldn't be forced to play any more games.

How was the crowd? Lot of alumni and former players walking around sporting their letterman jackets from the 80s?

20221021_215440.jpg