4 - (H) Rittman
5 - @ Norwayne
6 - (H) Chippewa
7 - @ Dalton
8 - (H) Smithville
9 - @ Hillsdale
10 - @ Waynedale

Last edited:
How was Dalton's jv last year ? I know they graduated alot but have a decent qb returning Norwayne returning almost all skill positions but will have to figure out the offensive line
Not sure but Dalton returns much of their very physical lines. You are right in that they lost skill, but should be excellent up front. Norwayne reloads every year at every position it seems.

Dalton returns line and their Qb and will remain a tough team. Norwayne skill will carry them to first in the league next year IMO. Dawgs did have some nice skill players on jv last year that will be in the mix for time this year. I also do not see any others challenging for the title. Hillsdale will probably be the next best

Be interesting how over packed Norwayne stadium will be for the Ashland fans considering the size difference in the schools

Last edited:
Be interesting how over packed Norwayne stadium will be for the Ashland stadium considering the size difference in the schools
Their non-conference schedule is brutal every year. Do teams locally not want to play them? Or is it that they want to test themselves? Both? I think year in year out they have one of the toughest non conference 3 week stretches in all of D6.

Their non-conference schedule is brutal every year. Do teams locally not want to play them? Or is it that they want to test themselves? Both? I think year in year out they have one of the toughest non conference 3 week stretches in all of D6.
I think it's alittle bit of both . But I don't see why we couldn't schedule small schools like Lucas which is another excellent football program. But seems to be no one out of league there size wants to play them

Looking at enrollment numbers, Norwayne is likely moving up to Division 5

I thought both RBs for Norwayne would be returning? If I'm right about that, Norwayne is going undefeated in league play this coming year, Dalton lost too much and while they'll always be a competitive/good team under Dial - they just don't have replacements for Schlabach and Malone among others....

I thought both RBs for Norwayne would be returning? If I'm right about that, Norwayne is going undefeated in league play this coming year, Dalton lost too much and while they'll always be a competitive/good team under Dial - they just don't have replacements for Schlabach and Malone among others....
Norwayne is returning both running backs and there quarterback

Congrats on the WCAL title this year! lol - I'm not be facetious - Norwayne is a head and shoulders above everyone else in the league this year.
Norwayne will be needing a new offensive line tho but if they can figure that out they should make a deep run this year

Norwayne does lose most of their line, but they do have some guys back that got playing time and will still have good size. Their backfield will be big and fast. I expect the wcal to be Norwayne the clear top dog this year, Dalton #2, then a gap to Hillsdale at 3, then a pretty steep drop off. I would guess waynedale might be ok, but they really lose a ton of talent.

My freshman ye rittmen was 7-3 what happened to that program, the same is said for Strasburg here in the I.V.C Strasburg has athletic kids in the district but they seem to just transfer out.

My freshman ye rittmen was 7-3 what happened to that program, the same is said for Strasburg here in the I.V.C Strasburg has athletic kids in the district but they seem to just transfer out.
Rittman is kinda like a newcomerstown situation in the ivc with Ridgewood/ wets layffete Norwayne is only a ten minute drive from rittman highschool and you can get to rittman village in just about 5 minutes

What’s more interesting is that the league has been unchanged for 52 years
Geographically, there are only a few other schools that would make sense for WCAL in terms of adding schools - Orrville, Triway, and Tuslaw (Tuslaw has been drooling for this for YEARS). As far as schools looking to leave WCAL - just not a lot of options in Wayne County. Those schools are too small for the OCC, and they probably don't want to play schools from Akron all the time which would rule out the Metro league and they don't want to travel down South where Loudonville plays now (not sure what league that is).... Really the only other league they could look to join would be the Pac-7 but with their recent addition of Canton South - that league is starting to outgrow WCAL schools as well.....honestly, we're probably looking at another 52 year unchanged at this point....

What’s more interesting is that the league has been unchanged for 52 years
That is quite remarkable in today's conference musical chairs. I've always had a lot of respect for the WCAL after facing Dalton, Smithville, and Northwestern in playoffs games at Canton CC, but seeing the stability of the league is something to envy.

Be interesting how over packed Norwayne stadium will be for the Ashland fans considering the size difference in the schools
I cannot imagine Ashland bringing too many people as they are not expected to be very good this year. With how dominant Norwayne is every year in the WCAL games, I completely understand them scheduling some bigger schools in their out of conference games. I am not sure how it helps anything to play bad teams though. Norwayne should beat Ashland handily this year. Teams like Norwayne who are going to win at least 6 WCAL games every year can go 0-3 out of the conference and still comfortably make the playoffs under the current setup. Like some of the other posters, I see Norwayne being head and shoulders above the rest of the WCAL this year. They were a solid center away from beating Dalton by 10-14 points last year even though they had mainly juniors playing the key positions. Those bad snaps were the difference in that game IMO.