Water Polo Final Four

Participating coaches get 6 field player votes and 1 goalie vote, assume the Worthington coach gets double this for coaching both teams or his vote counts twice? Coaches can vote for their own players. Do you feel this year's team reflected those who contributed to team success at this particular tournament?

I think housecleaning definitely helped mason. Kept his cool which is hard for him. Sugar helped sc win the tournament and had a ton of goals. Lumpe was te best goalie I saw that weekend. Didn't see much of tsf or sycamore to comment on their folks aslaner and poetry's were great all weekend too. Don't know who I would have replaced

Looking to next year does anyone see a challenge to St. Charles. Although they lose their goalie and several field players, Ward & Sugar return along with a number of varsity contributors. Add a JV that won the McGarity and the Ohio Cup JV and it looks like Gear will just reload for the next couple of years, making them the team to beat. X is the only team with the number of players that St. Charles has but I just don't see them beating St. Charles at the end of the season. Thomas seemed senior dominated as did Mason, Sycamore & St.F. I would expect them to be rebuilding rather than reloading. UA has most of their team back but lose their shooter. They could challenge as their goalie was impressive at times but don't think they have the depth that St. Charles will have. Like this year, the 4th quarter will belong to St. Charles because no one else has as deep a bench and can be as rested in the last quarter. Look at what they did to Mason in the second half of the championship game. From halftime on St. Charles outscored them 12 to 5. I have to believe that fatigue was a factor for the Comets. Kilbourne was young but didn't have numbers. I don't see a challenge from the rest. Other thoughts?

Aquacard I would agree with your assessment. Sc had the advantage of having great goalies the past two seasons. It remains to be seen if they can reload in that position. The rest of that squad has experience as the team was split. Stx has good depth and experience too. They also have to replace a goalie. Are they able to reload. As far as UA they were young but developing well. Their goalie is great but will they consider putting him in the field as a leftie. If so they have another good goalie that played jv this season. It seems that the rest of the teams will be rebuilding. Mason definitely was top heavy and lost their two best players. Do they have anyone in the reserves who are up to that level of play. Fatigue definitely was a factor in the championship

You're right to be wary of UA. They may have lost Watson but they have so much coming back that they will be the dominant team in Ohio. It's doubtful that anyone, including SC, will stay with them next season. After all it took a referee's blown call for SC to beat them this year. Next year it won't be so close that the ref can decide it. Expect them to serve notice early when they take apart the Michigan teams at the Early Bird. Fair warning, look out for the Bears, they'll be dominant in '15!!! For now though, they're continuing their 50+ year domination of Central Ohio and the state in swimming. Can't wait for the Ned Reeb when the Bears surprise everyone who thinks they're a walk over. As usual they will be the top Central District team.

Looking to next year does anyone see a challenge to St. Charles. Although they lose their goalie and several field players, Ward & Sugar return along with a number of varsity contributors. Add a JV that won the McGarity and the Ohio Cup JV and it looks like Gear will just reload for the next couple of years, making them the team to beat. X is the only team with the number of players that St. Charles has but I just don't see them beating St. Charles at the end of the season. Thomas seemed senior dominated as did Mason, Sycamore & St.F. I would expect them to be rebuilding rather than reloading. UA has most of their team back but lose their shooter. They could challenge as their goalie was impressive at times but don't think they have the depth that St. Charles will have. Like this year, the 4th quarter will belong to St. Charles because no one else has as deep a bench and can be as rested in the last quarter. Look at what they did to Mason in the second half of the championship game. From halftime on St. Charles outscored them 12 to 5. I have to believe that fatigue was a factor for the Comets. Kilbourne was young but didn't have numbers. I don't see a challenge from the rest. Other thoughts?

what about a team like Napoleon? they were 2nd place at the JV tournament. they have not been a top tier team for a while, but their JV did beat sycamore & ua and only lost by 2 to sc. Looking ahead on paper it looks like charles is the team again. when you have over 30 kids on a team, with a solid coach you're going to be good.

It was Napoleons varsity that played in the JV tournament, including their best player a senior I expect them to still not be good next year, sc, ua and x will be much better like 10 goals then anyone else in the state