Warrior relays

results aren't up yet, BUT, talk about some BLAZING TIMES, and it's only April 3rd!

I was there, and i'm going off of memory, hopefully results will be on milesplit, i keep clicking on it...

4x100 - meet clock unofficially was 41.6, but that was from the score board,
If i remember right, Dunbar 42.0, Thurogood Marshall 42.2, Wayne 42.3 and Twood 42.6, they did have F.A.T.,i just dont' remember officially, i do know that all four broke old meet record of 42.7!!!

4x400 - Dunbar 3:16! i think Thurogood was 3:19...

Wayne won both boys and girls, i think dunbar got second in boys, northmont 2nd in girls...

great night for track, fast times, i was home by 9:55, i think 4x400 was done by 9:30, meet started at 4:30, 16 teams.... great meet, ran well, kudos to the Warriors.....

there were more, i'll think of them as the night goes, anyone else there, again these are estimate times

thanks ohrunner... really, thanks for all you, someone mentioned to me that you also coach, so thanks for doing this..

so you were there, i think you'll agree some great times tonight..

correction to all, 42.02 dunbar, 42. 30 t.marsh. 42.53 wayne and 42.60 twood...

4x4, dunbar 3:17.02 and t. marshall 3:20.42.....

i believe we'll see these teams for round two at dayton relays in a few weeks, let's hope for good weather there, too... maybe round three will be at Wayne invitational...

http://www.daytondailynews.com/dayt.../dunbar/dunbar-sets-meet-records-1354645.html

here's some coverage from the dayton daily news today

one other race that i remembered that was a great race, the sprint medley 100-100-200-400..
wayne led after handing off to the 400 leg, then Dunbar's anchor leg soared past wayne, then with about 50 meters to go, the wayne anchor leg made a last charge and nipped dunbar at the line.. 1:35.75 to 1:35.76

here's some more of my thought on meet :
the obvious - Dunbar is a force this year, perhaps maybe a tad bit better than last year?

Thurogood Marshall- suprise team, they remind me of Cin. Mt. Healthy of last year, kind of coming from nowhere, they can hang with Dunbar, just dont have enough overall pieces to take them.

Wayne - solid again, well rounded team, you take their times they ran in most races that they didn't win-they could win most meets, i think by year's end,they can make some noise.

Trotwood- they still ran some fast times, but they seemed a bit "lost" if that's a safe word to use. We're so used to seeing them so dominate, but it's almost like they were the "red-headed step child" or just an after thought to the three teams above... hope to see them progress as year goes on, and i think they will

other schools of note - Northmont, nothing spectacular,but i think they'll be okay... they cant win this type of meet, but i think they'll surprise by years end.... Vandalia Butler has some distance runners as always, i believe they set a meet record in the 4x1600

Great Night

results aren't up yet, BUT, talk about some BLAZING TIMES, and it's only April 3rd!

I was there, and i'm going off of memory, hopefully results will be on milesplit, i keep clicking on it...

4x100 - meet clock unofficially was 41.6, but that was from the score board,
If i remember right, Dunbar 42.0, Thurogood Marshall 42.2, Wayne 42.3 and Twood 42.6, they did have F.A.T.,i just dont' remember officially, i do know that all four broke old meet record of 42.7!!!

4x400 - Dunbar 3:16! i think Thurogood was 3:19...

Wayne won both boys and girls, i think dunbar got second in boys, northmont 2nd in girls...

great night for track, fast times, i was home by 9:55, i think 4x400 was done by 9:30, meet started at 4:30, 16 teams.... great meet, ran well, kudos to the Warriors.....

there were more, i'll think of them as the night goes, anyone else there, again these are estimate times

Ilovetrack - I agree completely. WOW what a night!

The best run meet I have been to at Wayne for the past 8 years.

Dunbar, Thurgood and Wayne really put on a show.

I would characterize Trotwood as off to a slow start. You know the talent is there but not the usual crispness that you expect from them. Numbers seem a little down also (unless they didnt have full crews there)

Wayne is just so loaded with everything covered in sprints, mid distance and field. Fern continues to get alot of kids to buy in and they look very good early. The hurdler with the red mohawk is super fast.

No real distance powers at this meet but Vandalia looks pretty solid and will probably give the Cincy schools a good challenge at the Dayton Relays.

Does anyone know why all the DQ's in the DMR?

Ilovetrack - I agree completely. WOW what a night!

The best run meet I have been to at Wayne for the past 8 years.

Dunbar, Thurgood and Wayne really put on a show.

I would characterize Trotwood as off to a slow start. You know the talent is there but not the usual crispness that you expect from them. Numbers seem a little down also (unless they didnt have full crews there)

Wayne is just so loaded with everything covered in sprints, mid distance and field. Fern continues to get alot of kids to buy in and they look very good early. The hurdler with the red mohawk is super fast.

No real distance powers at this meet but Vandalia looks pretty solid and will probably give the Cincy schools a good challenge at the Dayton Relays.

Does anyone know why all the DQ's in the DMR?

Northmont and Wayne were DQ'd for stepping back over the line on an exchange and Butler was DQ'd for a uniform violation.