Walsh Jesuit

Hogan

Walsh takes on Hoover tonight. It should be a good game. WJ started off beating a young Stow team. They lost the next two in close one goal games against Jackson and Solon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Face Off kid is like a ninja out there. Defense is solid. Program has been down the last few seasons but I believe it's going the right direction.

Whew!! Rough night for the Warriors. 15-2 loss. WJ was way off tonight and Hoover was on. They have a rivalry game Saturday vs SVSM.

Walsh beat SVSM 19-1. SVSM is young and struggling a bit. WJ has their work cut out for them on Wednesday vs a Hoban team that seems to be running on all cylinders.

It did not appear that SVSM’s defense was sliding. If they did it was really late. They have some players just maybe a little more time and they may pull it together. Wednesday will be a tough one for the Warriors. Just hope they have a better showing than Vs Hoover. They just were really off. Not sure if they would have beaten Hoover but I have seen them play a lot better. It happens I guess.

It did not appear that SVSM’s defense was sliding. If they did it was really late. They have some players just maybe a little more time and they may pull it together. Wednesday will be a tough one for the Warriors. Just hope they have a better showing than Vs Hoover. They just were really off. Not sure if they would have beaten Hoover but I have seen them play a lot better. It happens I guess.

WJ and CVCA played pretty even in the pre season scrimmage. I think WJ won on the scoreboard 4-3. CVCA had two starters on offense out. Hoban beat CVCA 13-3. Hoban will roll WJ by at least 10.

WJ took the loss, 11-5. Close game for the first half, then a few mistakes and tough to recover. Hoban’s starting line is all seniors. Not sure they will be as dominant next season.

WJ beat Kent Roosevelt 15-2. Next week playing a rivalry game vs Benedictine then off to Indy for a tournament.

Nice solid win for the Warriors over Benedictine with a score of 15-5.

Last edited:
Great win for WJ over Brebeuf Prep 15-2. The Warriors will have a tough game vs Marquette on Saturday.

Last edited:
The Warriors beat a very good and physical Marquette 13-6. One more game on Sunday then a needed rest over Spring Break.

WJ leaves Indy 3-0 with a 10-9 OT win over Center Grove. Great game to watch.

Last edited:
WJ lost to Gilmore 9-8. Fun back and forth game to watch. Walsh is back at it Friday vs Revere.

Walsh beat a very chippy borderline cheap Revere 12-5. I can see why they had issues earlier this year. Parents in the stands weren’t much better. I don’t like to be negative but it is what it is.

Last edited:
Heard it was a rough game. No need for football mentality in lacrosse. Lacrosse used to be a contact sport with some skill now it is a skill sport with some contact!

WJ put away a struggling NDCL team 16-2. Nice win for senior night. Holy Name on Thursday.

Walsh totally dominated Holy Name 19-5. Last game of the regular season is away next week vs Lake Catholic.

Last edited:
The Warriors beat Lake Catholic 10-7. Nice to see all the teammates get a lot of playing time. Regular season record ended up 12-5. First playoff game is Monday vs. either Avon or Keystone.

Walsh got a tough draw for their round 1. Avon will bury Keystone then play Walsh. Avon is a tough match up. Very skilled and play fast, goalie is a big kid who is athletic and takes up space between the pipes really well. Avon is easily one of the most improved teams in the area. With a win over Avon a probable second round match up would cross the street to play in CVCA who has shown they can play with the areas top teams as well. Bad news for either is they are on the same side of the bracket at Toledo St Francis DeSales who is considerably better than both despite their record. They play a brutal schedule.

I don’t think WJ is taking Avon lightly. They are definitely a good team. The interesting thing about this bracket is Ottawa Hills playing in vs Avon Lake. Did they ask for this to avoid playing St. Francis Desales?

I don’t think WJ is taking Avon lightly. They are definitely a good team. The interesting thing about this bracket is Ottawa Hills playing in vs Avon Lake. Did they ask for this to avoid playing St. Francis Desales?

I thought it was really unusual for Ottawa Hills to be seeded where they were seeded. It really doesn't make sense. That match up leads to a round 2 game with Rocky River which in my mind are the 2nd and 3rd best teams playing really early. That does set up for a SFD vs OH final if the can get past RR who is struggling lately. It will be interesting to see how that plays out. SFD is the clear favorite from everything I've seen. I hope CVCA and Walsh get to play. There is a natural rivalry being basically across the street from one another.

I have no doubt that CVCA will get past Holy Name. HN has a good record based on a pretty easy schedule of developing programs.

Last edited:
WJ takes down Avon 16-9. Good game. Nice to see a lot of the younger players get in the game as well.

CVCA at Walsh in Round 2 should be a good match up. Walsh has a decided advantage at the face off. I wouldn't be surprised if they win all of the face offs initially. If he wins it clean its a huge advantage for WJ. CVCA is really good at coming in from the outside and causing havoc if its not a clean scoop and go. Both teams scrimmaged early and Walsh won by 1, that scrimmage means very little now for both teams. It will come down to the defense for sure. CVCA has 2 very physical D-Poles in #26 and #24 who are very athletic kids with solid stick skills. The other D-Poles are solid as well and the goalie is solid. Whichever team makes the fewest mistakes should win. I fully expect a close game. CVCA's more difficult schedule as well as deep playoff runs the last few seasons could pay off. Both teams had a few common opponents and scores were pretty similar. Should be an entertaining game.