Walnut vs Elder

Walnut has been looking very rough with serve receive and defense tonight. This is my first time watching them.

Elder in 3 and not a very close 3 at that. Walnut just didn’t look very good tonight. I’ve watched them a few times and their defense and serve receive was never as bad as it looked tonight.

yeah I was definitely expecting more from Walnut tonight. Hopefully if they meet again in the tournament Walnut will be more prepared. Elder is undoubtably the best team in the state after tonight.

yeah I was definitely expecting more from Walnut tonight. Hopefully if they meet again in the tournament Walnut will be more prepared. Elder is undoubtably the best team in the state after tonight.
Agreed that Walnut didn’t look great, but I think Elder is absolutely rolling right now. If they can continue serving like they have been, they’re going to be SUPER hard to beat. I feel like the atmosphere also probably shook the walnut guys a bit. Hard to play at the pit, and the Panthers came out hot

Elder in 3 and not a very close 3 at that. Walnut just didn’t look very good tonight. I’ve watched them a few times and their defense and serve receive was never as bad as it looked tonight.
Elder will do and has done that to many teams. They are clearly the favorite in the South Region AND the state.

Agreed that Walnut didn’t look great, but I think Elder is absolutely rolling right now. If they can continue serving like they have been, they’re going to be SUPER hard to beat. I feel like the atmosphere also probably shook the walnut guys a bit. Hard to play at the pit, and the Panthers came out hot
Atmosphere was good, for a Tuesday night.

Walnut brought a solid crowd that REALLY wanted to help motivate their team, but Elder jumped out to a big lead in all three games and it was over very quickly.

Outside hitter for Walnut is a PLAYER, but he just didn't have much help around him. He also didnt help himself in serve receive.

It will be interesting to see how the playoff seeding shakes out between Elder, Moe, X, and Walnut. If Elder beats Moe on Friday, they are clear #1. If they lose, do they still hang on? Where do you rank Moe, X, and Walnut? In that order?

I’d think it’s pretty much
1. Elder 21-1
2. Moe 17-5
3. Walnut 12-3
4. X 10-5
It will be interesting where Walnut and X go?

Even if Moe were to beat Elder on Friday, I think Elder's overall body of work compared to Moe's still warrants them being the #1 seed.

I’d think it’s pretty much
1. Elder 21-1
2. Moe 17-5
3. Walnut 12-3
4. X 10-5
It will be interesting where Walnut and X go?
If seeding falls that way, I think Walnut goes with Moeller and X goes with Elder. If Walnut drops down to #4, then I think they have a decision to make. Beat X and Moeller consecutively or beat Elder once.

If seeding falls that way, I think Walnut goes with Moeller and X goes with Elder. If Walnut drops down to #4, then I think they have a decision to make. Beat X and Moeller consecutively or beat Elder once.
If I'm Walnut (at #4) I'd go through X and Moe rather than Elder. But that's just me. After that whooping, do they drop below X even with a head to head W? Will be interesting to see.

If I'm Walnut (at #4) I'd go through X and Moe rather than Elder. But that's just me. After that whooping, do they drop below X even with a head to head W? Will be interesting to see.
This would be interesting. I wonder who would end up playing Elder in the regional finals in this scenario? Probably Loveland, I'd imagine?

Beat Elder once would be my decision. At least get to the regionals.
I agree. The smart play would be to get to the qualifying state match, which would be Elder. But how confident can you be that you'll beat them after last night? It wasn't like Elder played that much over their heads and I didn't think Walnut played that poorly either. Definitely not a forgone conclusion either way IMO.

Beat Elder once would be my decision. At least get to the regionals.
This doesn't make sense to me, Elder rocked them in 3 - and as @adselder09 said, Elder didn't seem to play that much better than normal. Walnut beat St X already, and lost a close match with a modified lineup without both middle vs Moeller. If you think you can make a run at State, you go through both X and Moe (IMO). If you're not a real threat to win a regional final, then sure, just making the final you can hang your hat on as a solid season. But Walnut already made a regional final last year, and I'd assume those guys would like to go a step farther. Walnut can match up better with both X and Moe I think.

All of this assuming Elder is the #1 seed, of course.

This doesn't make sense to me, Elder rocked them in 3 - and as @adselder09 said, Elder didn't seem to play that much better than normal. Walnut beat St X already, and lost a close match with a modified lineup without both middle vs Moeller. If you think you can make a run at State, you go through both X and Moe (IMO). If you're not a real threat to win a regional final, then sure, just making the final you can hang your hat on as a solid season. But Walnut already made a regional final last year, and I'd assume those guys would like to go a step farther. Walnut can match up better with both X and Moe I think.

All of this assuming Elder is the #1 seed, of course.
The counter argument to that is you have to play two high level matches and win them, against playing one.

Will also be interesting to see if Moeller beats Elder tomorrow, and the Crusaders hop Elder for the #1 seed, who will X and Walnut choose to go with as seeds 3 and 4? I'd assume Walnut will choose Moeller either way if they're #3. If X is #3, they've beaten Moeller twice, so do they go that route even though they just lost to them?

The counter argument to that is you have to play two high level matches and win them, against playing one.

Will also be interesting to see if Moeller beats Elder tomorrow, and the Crusaders hop Elder for the #1 seed, who will X and Walnut choose to go with as seeds 3 and 4? I'd assume Walnut will choose Moeller either way if they're #3. If X is #3, they've beaten Moeller twice, so do they go that route even though they just lost to them?
I would think Moe needs to beat Elder in 3, pretty convincingly, to jump them for the 1 seed. Just my opinion after beating Walnut so bad.