Wadsworth beats Firestone by 12!

The Copley District is so wide open. It's crazy.

Wadsworth, given up for dead, beats the #1 seed right before tourney time. Stow is 11-3 in their last 14 games. Barberton is 8-2 in their last 10 games. Then you have Twinsburg and Kent lurking.

Great time of year.

So what was the key for Wadsworth last night?

Firestone guard? Do you really think they play defense... it looked like they were all about shooting to me......:shrug:

there are a few positive things that can come with firestone losing this game. The players had to adopt to not playing with Vales, three more weeks i think i read. Extra motivation for the game against buchtel friday. And it will help them alot come tourney time. Lauria is one heck of a coach, and his schedule proves it. He has played Wadsworth, Walsh, and Green. These teams have the makeup of teams they will be playing against at Copley. It will also teach his kids no matter how short or slow a team might be compared to them anything can happen. I think it is a good thing they lost like i said motivation and experience for tourney. And can anyone tell me if Joe Pope played?

Wadsworth 14 25 18 19-76 Firestone 17 18 10 18-63

Wadsworth (8-11): Lawson 9-1-27, Smith 5-7-18, Godard 3-4-12, Constantine 3-0-6, Baughman 3-0-6, Schrock 1-3-5, Barlow 1-0-2.

Firestone (14-4): Mitchell 8-3-20, Boykin 1-0-2, Phillips 4-0-8, Goodwin 2-2-6, Johnson 3-2-9, Jo. Pope 5-0-10, Carter 4-0-8.