Wadsworth at Stow Week 2

Wads players only getting 2 each. So 120-140 to include cheerleader parents, of the 706 available. With all of that standing room on the hills it should be more. Saw several games last week that had standing/sitting room on hills. OHSAA allows a school to submit for more than seating capacity. Hopefully they allow WCTV to broadcast so the kids can download a free game film the next day.

First team to 60 wins. Expect high scoring. Wadsworth has a video game offense. Stow has D1 talent everywhere. Huge O-Line. Wadsworth defense gave up 200 on the ground to North Royalton who has a talented back but nowhere near Stow's line. If I'm Stow, I try to maul the Wads D into submission. If I'm Wadsworth I try to break Stow's scoreboard.

Crazy QB match up with one of the best 2022 in Owen Bainbridge for Stow vs Wads Super Freak Mitch Evans. Bainbridge is an athletic pocket passer but has the skills to get out and go and isn't shy to do so. Evans is a little Big Ben. Huge in the pocket, has a little sandlot to him, huge arm will take risks. Unlike Big Ben, dude can run and once he gets moving, good luck.

D1 bound X Preston, electric speed running the ball for Stow vs Wads Brennan Grey (6 carries, 112 yards). Wadsworth almost refuses to run the ball. You can get away with that against NoRo but you better play smarter or Stow will make you pay. No matter what the weather, Wadsworth will fling it around.

WR Stovall gets all the love but Wadsworth's Barrett Labus will simply be the best offensive player on the field. Absolute stud who doesn't disappear. Also, Wadsworth's #2 and #3 WR's would be anyone else's #1. Talent galore.

O-Lines, Stow has multiple Power 5 talents (Mennell, Sweet Feet Shyjka) along with other D1 type kids. Big, athletic and versitile, a very athletic mix. Wadsworth's Joey Rozak is the lone big time talent at LT but he leads an otherwise new squad that will need to gel quick to help the Grizzlies hold down the front against the Bulldogs.

Will have to dig into the defenses before being able to comment there.

My prediction is Stow Runs for 350+ yards, Wadsworth passes for 500+.
I'm going with Wadsworth 61- Stow 42.

The seniors had a high scoring game as freshman, over 100 pts, Stow won that one. I know it has now bearing so don’t start bashing

The seniors had a high scoring game as freshman, over 100 pts, Stow won that one. I know it has now bearing so don’t start bashing

That was an incredible game for a freshman football game. Stow stopped Wads on a 2pt conversion with 1 min left to preserve a 1 pt lead. Barrett Labus had a hamstring injury and didn't play that game. Stovall had a monster game for the Bulldogs. Only game, grades 7-9 that the 2021 Wads class lost. Score was in the 50's.

That was an incredible game for a freshman football game. Stow stopped Wads on a 2pt conversion with 1 min left to preserve a 1 pt lead. Barrett Labus had a hamstring injury and didn't play that game. Stovall had a monster game for the Bulldogs. Only game, grades 7-9 that the 2021 Wads class lost. Score was in the 50's.
Wads tried for onside and didn’t get it but let other team run it back so they could get another shot. Think the score ended 56-48.

That's a shame. Wish the team that isn't affected could play Massillon tomorrow instead of us having to play Bishop Sycamore... Too late though probably.

From the Beacon-

The varsity and junior varsity football games between Wadsworth and Stow scheduled for Friday at Saturday have been postponed, according to Stow-Munroe Falls High School.

In an announcement sent to high school parents and students by Stow schools, the decision to cancel was made in concert with Wadsworth City Schools due to a positive COVID-19 case in the Wadsworth football program.

“This action was taken out of an abundance of caution due to a case of COVID-19 considered to be positive on the Wadsworth football team,” the notice stated. “We will provide further information about when the games are rescheduled. We wish Wadsworth the very best for a speedy resolution and healthy recovery.”

How could it have been prevented? Football player lives in a house with at least 2 family members that have COVID. He’s been around the team all week and is awaiting the results of his test.

If a football player is living with 2 family members who have covid he should be quarantined - at least from the team. That's if I was the coach. Because this is what can not only happen but is likely to happen.

How could it have been prevented? Football player lives in a house with at least 2 family members that have COVID. He’s been around the team all week and is awaiting the results of his test.
Social distancing from school and team? Game cancellation could have been prevented.

Per Wadsworth Football Twitter
We received word from the Medina County Health Department that our program is cleared to resume football activities. The Stow game WILL BE rescheduled and our game vs Nordonia next Friday at Art Wright Stadium IS ON!!!

So if both teams we’re cleared to play yesterday, why is this game being rescheduled and not being played on Saturday night?