TV Waco

I saw it two yrs ago when it came out on Paramount (formerly Spike TV). I thought it was excellent and was surprised it did not generate more buzz. I’m guessing the re-air on NFLX is getting more people interested.

It was on the Paramount channel in early 2018. Very well done. Micheal Shannon is always good. It took me about an hour into it to realize Taylor Kitsch (Tim Riggins from Friday Night Lights) played David Koresh. He was very good.

I started spacing out during the second episode. Didn't really intrigue me. Seemed low budget and the writing was weak at times. I also read that they try and portray Koresh in a positive light.

I started spacing out during the second episode. Didn't really intrigue me. Seemed low budget and the writing was weak at times. I also read that they try and portray Koresh in a positive light.
I don’t know if they necessarily show him in a positive light, but they definitely don’t put a lot of attention on how big of a scumbag he was. I will say, things pickup later in the series. The Final episode is really a gut punch

There was a thread on this when it originally aired.

I thought it was well done. It certainly painted the Feds in a bad light of course minus Michael Shannon's character. Point being, I think Waco and Ruby Ridge would be handled differently today.

I don’t know if they necessarily show him in a positive light, but they definitely don’t put a lot of attention on how big of a scumbag he was. I will say, things pickup later in the series. The Final episode is really a gut punch
That's fair, may have to give it another shot. For Michael Shannon also. Just watched The Iceman and he was great in that.