W.O.A.C.

Culture, genetics and tradition. That's the MAC secret.
As for Arcanum, you could be right. That's what is so fun about High School football.
Shawnee is d5, do they will at 8-2, 7-3 get in. Seriously, I see them a 9-1 or 8-2 team annually in this conference. Anything can happen. Miami East is a tough OOC for Shawnee. If East wins 7 games they are a harbins cow for Shawnee.

Last edited:
I believe that this is good conference for all 12 teams and I think that even if the top teams in the conference get blow out to the MAC's middle pack in first round of playoffs it shouldn't matter. I think that you want to compete with teams of your tear even if you suck because I know it makes the schools happy if they are on top of there conference even if the conference sucks not just suck in a good league and for some other sports like basketball and other sports the new conference won't be that bad. Overall I believe that we shouldn't base conference just on football and look at all the spots as a whole and we should think about all the sports as a whole and what the kids want instead of just putting them in good conference and get blown out. So yes the WOAC might not be a good conference, but its the best option for the schools and parents.

Definitely plausible. St Henry has a good defense. Held us to 21 points last year. Then again that Tri-Village backfield from what I've seen is also something special but St Henry will control the line of scrimmage.

Well, that TV offense also got shutdown by DeGraff Riverside in the playoffs. TV will be ok against the WOAC teams, but not the MAC teams.

Tri Village, Preble Shawnee, Arcanum in that order next year. Tri Village and Arcanum make playoffs. Tri Village gets a bye week. i think Preble Shawnee has a small chance with the schedule they play. probably have to go 9-1 to get in. 8-2 may get a 11/12 seed.
The WOAC will have more tournament wins in basketball than the SWBL and a lot of leagues year in year out. Football may struggle at first but as time goes on and teams keep making the playoffs those teams will see what it takes and get better, no league in Ohio can compete with what the MAC is doing in football right now. I believe this league is going to be great for the teams in it and without a doubt more smaller schools will be knocking at the door I know two that already are.

The WOAC will have more tournament wins in basketball than the SWBL and a lot of leagues year in year out. Football may struggle at first but as time goes on and teams keep making the playoffs those teams will see what it takes and get better, no league in Ohio can compete with what the MAC is doing in football right now. I believe this league is going to be great for the teams in it and without a doubt more smaller schools will be knocking at the door I know two that already are.
this league is great for every school involved. no doubt about that. props to each school for making this happen. Basketball in the league will be decent. Football will not be good for the time being. someone has to win the league though, right?

but i honestly think Carlisle and Madison will never join this league. Culturally, it’s not close to a fit. they were fine playing Dixie and Preble Shawnee. but no one wants to see Carlisle vs Bradford or Madison vs Mississiniwa Valley.

this league is great for every school involved. no doubt about that. props to each school for making this happen. Basketball in the league will be decent. Football will not be good for the time being. someone has to win the league though, right?

but i honestly think Carlisle and Madison will never join this league. Culturally, it’s not close to a fit. they were fine playing Dixie and Preble Shawnee. but no one wants to see Carlisle vs Bradford or Madison vs Mississinawa Valley.
Yeah I personally would never want Carlisle or Madison in the WOAC I just feel like they would not be a good fit they just seem like Miami East and Bethel, far away from most and the schools are bigger than everyone else but that's just me.

Last edited:
Yeah I personally would never want Carlisle or Madison in the WOAC I just feel like they would not be a good fit they just seem like Miami East and Bethel, far away from most and the schools and bigger than everyone else but thats just me.
You add those two and you'll see a split conference. Waynesville would be looking too. Brookville, etc. This league formed because they couldn't compete with Covington and Miami East. Madison and Carlisle have had some teams that would have blow away Covington and East.
I don't see any expansion in this league for years. The SWBL is primed for expansion, but it will be larger teams and that will spell the end for Brookville, Carlisle, Madison and Waynesville. I see those schools forming a league with some schools like Greeneview, Clinton Massie, East Clinton, etc. Brookville will be in the TRC eventually. Makes too much sense.
I like this league. Very good balance and the communities are similar. I'm excited for the kids. Look for National Trail, TV, Arcanum and Shawnee to be the heavy hitters.

You add those two and you'll see a split conference. Waynesville would be looking too. Brookville, etc. This league formed because they couldn't compete with Covington and Miami East. Madison and Carlisle have had some teams that would have blow away Covington and East.
I don't see any expansion in this league for years. The SWBL is primed for expansion, but it will be larger teams and that will spell the end for Brookville, Carlisle, Madison and Waynesville. I see those schools forming a league with some schools like Greeneview, Clinton Massie, East Clinton, etc. Brookville will be in the TRC eventually. Makes too much sense.
I like this league. Very good balance and the communities are similar. I'm excited for the kids. Look for National Trail, TV, Arcanum and Shawnee to be the heavy hitters.
It seems funny that this league was formed because the schools couldn't compete with Covington, especially considering that Covington had an invitation to join the new conference, but chose not to. Which all in all, I do think this worked out better for everyone. I do agree with you that this league won't expand anytime soon. In terms of football I still would add Ansonia as one of the heavy hitters, as they have been one of the schools that have consistently put together winning seasons in the CCC. I don't expect that to change in the new conference.

No love for TCN????

Well, that TV offense also got shutdown by DeGraff Riverside in the playoffs. TV will be ok against the WOAC teams, but not the MAC teams.

Agreed, Riverside handled their business that night, TV did not. But I'm not sure I can agree on the MAC handling TV..... FL found 60 reasons to agree TV is high powered. If you put TV that showed up at FL that night against Riverside, TV is traveling to Marion Local the following week.. (Again, TV DID NOT SHOW UP, Riverside won a hard fought battle rightfully)

Agreed, Riverside handled their business that night, TV did not. But I'm not sure I can agree on the MAC handling TV..... FL found 60 reasons to agree TV is high powered. If you put TV that showed up at FL that night against Riverside, TV is traveling to Marion Local the following week.. (Again, TV DID NOT SHOW UP, Riverside won a hard fought battle rightfully)

There's no denying TV has some talent...but man, I have to think that was somewhat of a special night at Loramie last fall. Maybe even an anomaly. And they can travel to ML, many have, but what's the result? Probably closer to the result Riverside had with ML.

There's no denying TV has some talent...but man, I have to think that was somewhat of a special night at Loramie last fall. Maybe even an anomaly. And they can travel to ML, many have, but what's the result? Probably closer to the result Riverside had with ML.
Didn't Loramie have quite a few guys out for that game?

Tri Village did play the game of their lives against Fort Loramie, that was a monstrous win for their program. I felt like the weather conditions really played a factor in their loss to Riverside, but you are going to have that some nights, and you have to find ways to win those kind of football games. Luckily for TV they bring pretty much everybody, including star QB Layne Sarver. They are going to have a chance to win a lot of games, make the playoffs, and potentially run into a team like FL/ML again.

Maybe Riverside just realized that TV ran the power read 50% of their offenses snaps. Maybe they also realized that TV doesn’t run the bull between the tackles. That their passing consist entirely or throw it up to one of their tall receivers.

Once you figure out their entire offense, stopping TV isn’t actually all that hard. Also, those aren’t sarcastic comments, that literally was their whole most of last season.

They do have a lot of talent though, I have to admit that.

Last edited:
10 teams (for football)
who is your top 3, bottom 3, middle 4?
Top 3
Tri Village
Preble Shawnee
Arcanum

Middle 4
Ansonia
National Trail
Dixie
Tri County North

Bottom 3
Twin Valley South
Mississinawa Valley
Bradford

in those orders

Maybe Riverside just realized that TV ran the power read 50% of their offenses snaps. Maybe they also realized that TV doesn’t run the bull between the tackles. That their passing consist entirely or throw it up to one of their tall receivers.

Once you figure out their entire offense, stopping TV isn’t actually all that hard. Also, those aren’t sarcastic comments, that literally was their whole most of last season.

They do have a lot of talent though, I have to admit that.

TV has 5-6 guys who range 6'5 in height and ballpark 4-5 guys that run 4.5 40yard dash. Why do they need to run between the tackles? That would just be bad use of skill players.
Turns out with these scores, stopping the TV Offense isn't so easy.... Again, Riverside handled their business that night in New Madison. TV was a young team on it's first playoff run in program history. NO excuse for not performing, but can be expected, that is why we play the games right?

Arcanum 50 -19
Ansonia 56 -35
National Trail 34-19
Bradford 58-14
MValley 58-0
Fort Loramie 60-43
CCPA 50-30

TV has 5-6 guys who range 6'5 in height and ballpark 4-5 guys that run 4.5 40yard dash. Why do they need to run between the tackles? That would just be bad use of skill players.
Turns out with these scores, stopping the TV Offense isn't so easy.... Again, Riverside handled their business that night in New Madison. TV was a young team on it's first playoff run in program history. NO excuse for not performing, but can be expected, that is why we play the games right?

Arcanum 50 -19
Ansonia 56 -35
National Trail 34-19
Bradford 58-14
MValley 58-0
Fort Loramie 60-43
CCPA 50-30
All I’m saying is that they run one run play, power read, if you force the QB to keep it every time, and you line up in a 4i which makes the double team hard to do, you have yourself a pretty good chance of stopping TV.

All I’m saying is that they run one run play, power read, if you force the QB to keep it every time, and you line up in a 4i which makes the double team hard to do, you have yourself a pretty good chance of stopping TV.
Tri Village lives and dies off of Sarver. he’s one hell of a player. they have some solid pieces around him. but if you stop him, you can win the game. they remind me of Springfield Shawnee in 2018/2019 when they had Robie Glass at QB.

Riverside is well coached and they came in with a good game plan. Tri Village won games passing the ball and the weather did not allow for it that night. it sucks, but it is what it is. the Riverside coach took advantage of the forecast. i’d take Tri Village on a dry night.

Idk.... Riverside had 3 bad snaps in the rain, TV didn’t have any. All of TVs turnovers where on passes to tall receivers that Riverside’s tall CB’s intercepted. Those would still have happened if it wasn’t raining.

Idk.... Riverside had 3 bad snaps in the rain, TV didn’t have any. All of TVs turnovers where on passes to tall receivers that Riverside’s tall CB’s intercepted. Those would still have happened if it wasn’t raining.
the short passing game isn't very affective in the rain. near impossible to catch say, a 3 yard slant route when it's wet. TV decided to risk going deep and Riverside made them pay.

I might disagree a little on FM. I've always said if TV and FM had football they would have solid programs as they always have a great base of athletes at both schools. TV started a program and are now considered top dogs so anything is possible.
Another crazy thing to share about this. Newton actually has an offensive lineman that signed to play at Bowling Green next year. He played football at Troy his Junior/Senior years but came back to Newton to finish out his high school career and was on the basketball team this year. So that shows you that there is some football talent in those schools.

How many WOAC teams are playing TRC teams in week 1?
I'm not 100% sure, but I believe TVS is opening up with Carlisle, so that's a SWBL match-up. Some WOAC vs TRC match ups that I'm aware of for week 1 would be.... Tri Village vs. Troy Christian, National Trail vs. Milton Union, Preble Shawnee vs. Miami East, Ansonia vs. Riverside, Dixie vs. Northridge.