W.O.A.C 2022-2023

Arrows beat Ansonia 70-44. Bench played most of second half. Arrows spread the ball around tonight. Ansonia was scrappy in 1Q. After that, arrows took over.

Bradford 70
Miss. Valley 38
Bradford has a tough matchup at Troy Christian tomorrow night.

Last edited:
WOAC games for the night
National Trail @ Ansonia
Tri-Village @ Bradford
Arcanum @ Franklin Monroe
Mississinawa Valley @ Tri-County North
Preble Shawnee @ Newton
Dixie @ Twin Valley South

Any have an opinion on Tri Village girls team? Obviously very talented and I think will compete for State title this season if they can get past Cin Country Day. But beating a LEAUGE opponent 74-5 is a little much for me. Coach is the AD too. With a running clock, I'm not sure how a score gets that bad.

Any have an opinion on Tri Village girls team? Obviously very talented and I think will compete for State title this season if they can get past Cin Country Day. But beating a LEAUGE opponent 74-5 is a little much for me. Coach is the AD too. With a running clock, I'm not sure how a score gets that bad.
In 2019 Tri-Village girls team beat TCN 103-4. They do it often. It's kinda crummy they do this but you also got to think that this varsity team only has 9 players so they're going to have play amazing players. You can't tell them to stand there. So it's just kinda of a lose lose situation. Should just call the game at half when it was 55-5

In 2019 Tri-Village girls team beat TCN 103-4. They do it often. It's kinda crummy they do this but you also got to think that this varsity team only has 9 players so they're going to have play amazing players. You can't tell them to stand there. So it's just kinda of a lose lose situation. Should just call the game at half when it was 55-5
You're right, I guess that's a solution. It really is a lose lose situation

When I saw the post about this it got my attention. I'm not a fan of people saying it's the winning teams job to keep it close but TV's four bench players scored only 8 of the 74 and only took 9 of the 50 shots. Seems TV could have done more, without just standing there, to give others opportunities that maybe keeps it closer. Maybe they are great too and the score would have been just as bad, we'll never know.

They may compete for a title, but what about girls teams from the MAC? Size definitely matters more in girls basketball due to not playing above the rim, slower time for defense to recover, and just not as strong naturally. The most skilled teams can fall apart somewhat when they have teams with much larger girls playing against them than they are used to playing.

I will take the field in the region vs Tri Village.

They may compete for a title, but what about girls teams from the MAC? Size definitely matters more in girls basketball due to not playing above the rim, slower time for defense to recover, and just not as strong naturally. The most skilled teams can fall apart somewhat when they have teams with much larger girls playing against them than they are used to playing.

I will take the field in the region vs Tri Village.
Tri-Village girls can beat the Mac. They have for a good bit. Biggest challenge they've had was ether cin. country day and Fort Loramie. They have beat some top 5 teams this year already. Tri-Village does have great size. Look at Morgan Hunt and Kynnedi Hager. Rylee Sagester is a great skill shoter and Torie Richards is one the best defenders in the state. I believe this year is their best shot at this and I think they can get the title. We'll see how they do against Minster this Saturday

Last edited:
Tri-Village girls can beat the Mac. They have for a good bit. Biggest challenge they've had was ether cin. country day and Fort Loramie. They have beat some top 5 teams this year already. Tri-Village does have great size. Look at Morgan Hunt and Kynnedi Hager. Rylee Sagester is a great skill shoter and Torie Richards is one the best defenders in the state. I believe this year is their best shot at this and I think they can get the title. We'll see how they do against Minster this Saturday
Cincinnati Country Day is also in DIII this years so they won't be an obstacle as they might have been in season's past.

When I saw the post about this it got my attention. I'm not a fan of people saying it's the winning teams job to keep it close but TV's four bench players scored only 8 of the 74 and only took 9 of the 50 shots. Seems TV could have done more, without just standing there, to give others opportunities that maybe keeps it closer. Maybe they are great too and the score would have been just as bad, we'll never know.
Coach’s boss’s daughter probably has some scoring records to break.

Was at TC at TV game. I don't understand why some of the TV jv do not get more varsity minutes? Does any TV fans feel that way? It's not even close.

Was at TC at TV game. I don't understand why some of the TV jv do not get more varsity minutes? Does any TV fans feel that way? It's not even close.
It’s the old adage of seniors on the team. I believe there are 7 this year. Usually 3-4 of them start, and the rest come off the bench. The Varsity is
7 Seniors
3 Juniors
1 Freshman

Of those 11 listed, 9 of them are regularly rotated, while 2 play sparingly

The JV consists of
2 Juniors (1 dresses for Varsity)
4 Sophomores
5 Freshmen

How different is it than PS winning 60-7?

It’s the old adage of seniors on the team. I believe there are 7 this year. Usually 3-4 of them start, and the rest come off the bench. The Varsity is
7 Seniors
3 Juniors
1 Freshman

Of those 11 listed, 9 of them are regularly rotated, while 2 play sparingly

The JV consists of
2 Juniors (1 dresses for Varsity)
4 Sophomores
5 Freshmen
I saw both JV and varsity teams for the first time last night. The JV player that dresses varsity and the other young man who leads the JV roster are both good players. Not sure what year they are. But the problem just by my observation seems to be they play positions that are among the strongest on the varsity team.