W.O.A.C 2022-2023

There was a lot of coaches at game last night. Was a packed house. I bet I saw 10 different teams there from all over. Was a rescheduled game so most of teams had the night off. In most games in area that Shawnee plays Shrout is best player on the court. Kent St was at the game as well talking with him after game. That being said I thought he played a very well rounded game last night. He didn’t score it a lot but he definitely made his teammates better set them up for some nice open looks. Still think he had 18 points last night. Carlisle played him tough but in doing so his teammates stepped up and Mason facilitated well.

There was a lot of coaches at game last night. Was a packed house. I bet I saw 10 different teams there from all over. Was a rescheduled game so most of teams had the night off. In most games in area that Shawnee plays Shrout is best player on the court. Kent St was at the game as well talking with him after game. That being said I thought he played a very well rounded game last night. He didn’t score it a lot but he definitely made his teammates better set them up for some nice open looks. Still think he had 18 points last night. Carlisle played him tough but in doing so his teammates stepped up and Mason facilitated well.
I covered the game for Yappi as the SW Game of the week (posted today). Shrout was excellent. 4 first quarter assists (6 overall) and 7 points as they built a 19-6 lead. totaled 18 pts, 12 boards. Shawnee defense held Connor Smith 3 ft's and no field goals. They get after it on the defensive end.

Other WOAC scores for the night
Tvs 26
Ps 70

Newton 37
FM 25

Dixie 63
Tcn 26
The disparity in those scores is starting to look like the girls scores of 20 years ago. Three games where the average margin was 31 points is pretty non competitive. I like low scores but not when it only applies to one team.

The disparity in those scores is starting to look like the girls scores of 20 years ago. Three games where the average margin was 31 points is pretty non competitive. I like low scores but not when it only applies to one team.
Yeah. I think the WOAC particularly has 4-5 teams that are way better than the bottom half of the league. But I think it also comes in waves. Some teams might be on top a little more often than others, but you never know what can happen .

Yeah. I think the WOAC particularly has 4-5 teams that are way better than the bottom half of the league. But I think it also comes in waves. Some teams might be on top a little more often than others, but you never know what can happen .
Agree, the title will be decided the last couple weeks of the season:
1/3 - TV at PS
1/10 - Dixie at PS

Schedule sets up nice for PS with both being at home but I think TV wins at PS and PS beats Dixie.

Agree, the title will be decided the last couple weeks of the season:
1/3 - TV at PS
1/10 - Dixie at PS

Schedule sets up nice for PS with both being at home but I think TV wins at PS and PS beats Dixie.
I think PS beats both. I thought Bradford was going to be the only one to Beat PS and it was with Davidson matching Shrout, would come down to role players. TV don’t have the fire power.

The attention that Shrout is getting is nice. What teams were there other than Kent State? PS is not an easy venue to get to...

I think PS beats both. I thought Bradford was going to be the only one to Beat PS and it was with Davidson matching Shrout, would come down to role players. TV don’t have the fire power.
PS best player is better than anyone at TV, TV has more good basketball players and it isn't even close. If Shrout can carry them, with his scoring and passing, you will be correct. I don't see TV letting him do that.

PS best player is better than anyone at TV, TV has more good basketball players and it isn't even close. If Shrout can carry them, with his scoring and passing, you will be correct. I don't see TV letting him do that.
I often like to come at it from team defense angle. PS has shown a bit more ability to stop the opponet than TV has to date. A low scoring game in the 30's I feel would belong to PS . An average game in the 50's , TV. I predict it's in the 40's and is decided in the final minute of the game.

This is a good write up on what schools are after him.
Thanks for the link. Great offer sheet at his point and cool to see that Illinois and Northwestern from the Big Ten have expressed some interest as well as Wake Forest out of the ACC. Best of luck to him as he makes his decision. Great for the Preble Shawnee community as well.

All the same people were saying this last year and TV came out and spanked them, it might be closer this year but still TV by at least 10

They should IMO, but they have been very inconsistent. No way they should have let Dixie hang around as long as they did, and the Milton game showed us something.
that’s fair. but milton showed not a whole lot. when healthy not a team to mess w

I think what he was saying is that there is no shame losing to MU. When healthy, MU is a very good team.
I agree that was his point, and well taken. However, Milton's size and strength gave TV some real issues. Issues that may get resolved this season, but also show where TV is weak.

If I'm a coach with rebounding strength and guards who can pressure the ball above average , I may jump at the chance to face TV in the tournament over a smaller team that is a better shooting team, moves the ball well, and doesn't commit many turnovers.

The Milton game showed when a team is strong enough to be the aggressor, TV has some issues, or at least did in the Milton game.

I agree that was his point, and well taken. However, Milton's size and strength gave TV some real issues. Issues that may get resolved this season, but also show where TV is weak.

If I'm a coach with rebounding strength and guards who can pressure the ball above average , I may jump at the chance to face TV in the tournament over a smaller team that is a better shooting team, moves the ball well, and doesn't commit many turnovers.

The Milton game showed when a team is strong enough to be the aggressor, TV has some issues, or at least did in the Milton game.
Anything can happen, but Versailles and a healthy MU are probably the only teams in their sectional that fit that description.

Anything can happen, but Versailles and a healthy MU are probably the only teams in their sectional that fit that description.
I think Preble Shawnee fits that description as well. From what I've seen they apply a lot of pressure defensively and they have size underneath. Through 13 games they are only giving up 35.2 points per game.

I think Preble Shawnee fits that description as well. From what I've seen they apply a lot of pressure defensively and they have size underneath. Through 13 games they are only giving up 35.2 points per game.
I like PS pressure but I think TV strengths this year is their guard play. I don't think PS can pressure them and Finkbine is much better than PS bigs. Of course we will find out for sure in a couple weeks and I amy be wrong.

I like PS pressure but I think TV strengths this year is their guard play. I don't think PS can pressure them and Finkbine is much better than PS bigs. Of course we will find out for sure in a couple weeks and I amy be wrong.
But can Finkbine stay out of foul trouble..