Vince Kehres leaving Mount Union

actually older than Candle by a bit.

In theory, he'd be next in line for HC if they can get the program back on track. So far Candle has brought in a high school coach and now a D3 coach to try and do that. Not your usual path but the money's guarenteed.

Although Mount Union is probably the most lucrative D3 coaching position in the country, and probably pretty well paid, he is going to likely double his salary going to Toledo. Probably a stepping stone move for him, because MU is the D3 pinnacle but in D1 you can be a good. not great, coach and make a heck of a lot more money.

Good luck Vince ... hope it all works out for you.

MU will be able to survive ... there are tons of MU grads coaching in college right now ... so selecting one to replace him should not be too difficult ... one name to keep an eye on is Erik Raeburn ... strong ties to MU

Last edited:
Awesome to see D3 coaches get opportunities. My son coached against him..... unsuccessfully of course :D

This is well deserved. Wish him the best.

Good luck Vince ... hope it all works out for you.

MU will be able to survive ... there are tons of MU grads coaching in college right now ... so selecting one to replace him should not be too difficult ... one name to keep an eye on is Erik Raeburn ... strong ties to MU
The tough part is finding that rare great coach who wants to stay at that level.
Will they settle for surviving when they've been thriving?
Loyalty to a program is an admirable trait.
Wanting to excel at a higher level is an admirable trait.
Good luck to VK.
Good luck to UMU.
Good luck to the Rockets.

I heard there is an Akron high school coach they’re interested in talking to. They like his recruiting skills as well as coaching.

actually older than Candle by a bit.

In theory, he'd be next in line for HC if they can get the program back on track. So far Candle has brought in a high school coach and now a D3 coach to try and do that. Not your usual path but the money's guarenteed.

VK is three years older than Candle lol

The next Mount HC starts with a Stagg Bowl in Canton....not a bad way to start off the career

Yep, older by a bit.

Right now, I'm not sure the UT fanbase wouldn't be happier if the two schools had just swapped coaches.

But wounds will heal. New year. New hopes.

UT brought in Bluffton HC Tyson Veidt several years ago as LB coach. He followed Campbell to Iowa State where he is associate HC now.

Campbell's star was rising. Candle's star is dropping. I hope he can turn it around.

He's hardly starting from scratch. There's probably a lot of coaches that could do the same with the machine already in place. It's a private school, they can do what they want. If not them, hopefully another Ohio school gets to Canton.