VASJ Vikings Basketball 2020-21 Official Thread

A little revenge for the former coach with his son on the winning team I see.
If that quells the embarrassment that was suffered due to some very questionable behavior by said coach, than that is a hollow victory. Neither team is very good. VASJ will be back in due time.

That hollow victory means nada because he lost the war.( Think Big picture). He feels cheated because he was cast out into the wilderness by his own Viking family. Or so it seems. Thanks for nuttin' say the Irish. Hail Red & Blue !!!!!!!! Ashen is the man now.

I will say, the first couple of seasons under Ash will be rough and that is expected. However I feel he is the perfect fit for this program to continue the success this fine program has had in years past. Everyone eventually runs into down seasons. Looking forward to see the growth of this program.

As I remember he had much more talent left over from the previous coach ash has to start basically from scratch the red and blue will be back hail

Congrats to Coach Ash on his first win as at VASJ. He has a rather large rebuild to get the program back to where it once was but its nice to see him get a win.

Vikings on a losing streak against mediocre teams - not a good sign. They seem to lack defense and basketball IQ on offense. I have been able to stream some games and in each of them the shot selection is poor. The rebuild is pretty large. I was surprised Coach Ward was unable to keep players that were already in the program from leaving or able to convince good players still at the school to return to play for him. They have in some cases better talent walking the halls then they do on the team. I sure hope they are on the recruiting trail because based on how the JV team is playing the cupboard looks pretty bare.

Major rebuild going on in Viking Village. Not sure where Coach Ash has to go to find some players - but the cupboards are bare on Lakeshore Blvd.