VASJ Vikings Basketball 2019-20

Alright, we get it. Coach Babe has been known to tell a lie or two. Everyone accepts it and the administration and the posters/supporters on here have all acknowledged it and moved on. No one seems to care about it. Just put a patch over it and move on.

Speaking of patches, for some reason it keeps coming up with the boosters and alumni that were wondering how a team with an Under Armour deal would be wearing jerseys with sewn on patches on them last year. Are we certain that VASJ will be wearing patch less jerseys this upcoming season? Can anyone verify this at least if we aren't going to talk about StowInTheKnow's twitters?

I did not shut you out. I am pointing out that your long term feelings of resentment and bitterness will only destroy you in the end. It puts a terrible strain on your heart and autonomic nervous system as well as damaging synapses in your brain. I bet that you are not bad people (Stow and Brush). Please, beware of what you are doing to yourselves. There must be something constructive that you can put your efforts into. Be well.

You seem to be the only person in agreement. In fact there is damn near nothing you spew that people agree with. I know it kills you to see Babe do well - learn to deal with it. Not sure why you feel the need to call Babe a liar - but whatever makes you feel better.

when can we non troublemakers come out and discuss basketball? This is a basketball forum right? Or maybe not.Gonna be a long year on this thread:poop:☹??

Here is a concept - why don't we just try to keep the thread about basketball and the team this year. No use beating a dead horse. I support the school and team - and would regardless of who is walking the sideline. We all know how many of you feel either way about the politics and what have you - its grossly documented. I'm just a hoops junkie and would much rather discuss what happens in between the lines and not what is outside. The outside stuff will police itself - it always does. Let's try to limit the jabs and try to be civil this year.

I agree 100%, please keep it on topic this year. I’ve stated before I have my differences and opinions about Babe, but I don’t spout off on the threads, I keep it on topic. Anywho I’m excited to see how this team can play and how well they can do come March. I won’t be disappointed if their season ends at the helm of St.V or Buchtel as they appear on a whole other lever talent wise. And I’m curious to see how this big freshman does this year as well. Any background on him? I believe he’s from right down the street coming from St.Jerome? Looking forward to another deep run this year, Go Vikings!

Last edited:
Also another thing is, they need to cut it out with the video they play before player introductions. It’s just corny and it’s only High School ball, not college or the NBA, just cut it out. I get it if it’s for a special event during the game like celebrating a state title, a longtime beloved faculty/staff member, or honoring a team of the past, but not for every home game. That’s my only complaint going in on the year and I’ll keep it at that.

This team needs to really come together. Word is the scrimmages last weekend did not go very well. The Lakeside District will be very tough to get out of this year with the addition of Lutheran East. I have also heard that VASJ got to see first hand how good Rhodes is this year - yes I said Rhodes. D2 is loaded this year and the Vikings are not. This will be a very guard oriented team with very little size and experience. This will be possibly the biggest coaching challenge of Babe's career - way tougher then 2016. This team will need a leader to emerge - not sure who it will be.

This team needs to really come together. Word is the scrimmages last weekend did not go very well. The Lakeside District will be very tough to get out of this year with the addition of Lutheran East. I have also heard that VASJ got to see first hand how good Rhodes is this year - yes I said Rhodes. D2 is loaded this year and the Vikings are not. This will be a very guard oriented team with very little size and experience. This will be possibly the biggest coaching challenge of Babe's career - way tougher then 2016. This team will need a leader to emerge - not sure who it will be.

Hopefully Hameed And Waag can step up as leaders for this team. If not could be a shorter than usual season from how it appears.

Here is the deal, the thread can remain civil and discuss basketball so long as Bball216 and MugnMaul apologize to the couple of posters on here that still value the truth and a certain level of decency. It seems to me that this is only fair. For years my people have have been victims of stereotyping on here as muckrakers and subject to slurs name calling. No longer will we stand for this kind of posting prejudice. Before we can move on in posting harmony there is going to have to be an admission of guilt and fault. Otherwise, the quest for truth must continue.

Here is the deal, the thread can remain civil and discuss basketball so long as Bball216 and MugnMaul apologize to the couple of posters on here that still value the truth and a certain level of decency. It seems to me that this is only fair. For years my people have have been victims of stereotyping on here as muckrakers and subject to slurs name calling. No longer will we stand for this kind of posting prejudice. Before we can move on in posting harmony there is going to have to be an admission of guilt and fault. Otherwise, the quest for truth must continue.
Way to be the bigger man!

We all seem to want to talk HS hoops on here - but one person here likes to take the talk in a 90 degree angle and turn it on the coach. I'm just curious why Arc is so hell bent on making our coach look bad relentlessly. The whole thing makes the program and school look bad.

We all seem to want to talk HS hoops on here - but one person here likes to take the talk in a 90 degree angle and turn it on the coach. I'm just curious why Arc is so hell bent on making our coach look bad relentlessly. The whole thing makes the program and school look bad.
I think when StowInTheKnow came on here and showed us all that twitter account it was pretty clear who is making the program and the school look bad. I'm here just to promote my program at Brush and bring the notoriety to the coach that has recently volunteered his time with USA Basketball.

It's basketball season ! First login since March. I saw the twitter account and wow is all I can say.
Good luck to all the young men this season in NE Ohio, as I have no idea which kids are at which school anymore.
Gotta run, I have to meet Kevin Mackey for lunch. I will be the first ever person in his life to go to lunch with him on back to back days, which is pretty amazing.

It's basketball season ! First login since March. I saw the twitter account and wow is all I can say.
Good luck to all the young men this season in NE Ohio, as I have no idea which kids are at which school anymore.
Gotta run, I have to meet Kevin Mackey for lunch. I will be the first ever person in his life to go to lunch with him on back to back days, which is pretty amazing.
I need to be entertained!!! Please, come up with some more original jocularity. I am counting on you.

What Twitter account?

What Twitter account?

There are a lot of great twitter accounts out there to check out! You know what, this reminds me of the first time I ever tweeted. I was at Cameron Indoor Stadium. I was a little nervous about my first tweet, but I just thought back to what a childhood mentor/leader of mine once told me. "Just close your eyes and tweet"

There are a lot of great twitter accounts out there to check out! You know what, this reminds me of the first time I ever tweeted. I was at Cameron Indoor Stadium. I was a little nervous about my first tweet, but I just thought back to what a childhood mentor/leader of mine once told me. "Just close your eyes and tweet"
Are you and Brush guy sweeties?

Mitcham is playing at NCAA D-II Clarion in PA and Jackson is playing down in Texas at Howard College, a NJCAA school.

Any word on when the new player introduction video will be unveiled? Every year I look forward to it. Thanks.

It’s on Twitter, and it’s still cringe worthy. As I mentioned before, it’s ok for a one time thing but all season, it’s just tacky and puts a target on the team and makes them look bad, especially if they’re having a mediocre season.

First game of the year against crosstown rival Euclid at the Palace, Frosh tip at 4:30, JV slated for 6 and Varsity at 7:30

VASJ drops season opener to Euclid 75-80. This is VASJ’s first loss since December 2010 to the Panthers.