VASJ Part Ways with Babe Kwasniak

Who will be the next VASJ Hoops HC

• Ashen Ward c/o 2008 (Orange HC, former Assistant under Babe) Played in 3 final fours as a player

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • Rich Newlon (Current Lady Vikings HC, Assistant under Babe)

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Dave Wojciechowsk c/o 1990 (Harvey HC, former HC 00-10) Grbac is good friends with him

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • Rollie Smith c/o 1999 (Current Assistant)

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Tony Redding c/o 1989 (Former Lady Vikings HC and Assistant under Woj)

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Other

Votes: 5 16.1%

• Total voters

Irish60

I'm hoping they got this right. Sounds like they did. Whoever was to blame for the way last season played out (my guess is there is plenty of blame to go around!), VASJ will benefit from some lack of drama around the program. NEO basketball is better when VASJ is relevant.

cardzfan1234

Classy Tweet from Babe congratulating his former assistant. While some people who lose their job go the route of posting on HS message boards to express their frustrations and trash their enemies, some others know how to take the high road. I'm sure Babe will get a job again soon if he wants one. As a Mentor fan, I would love to see him as the successor for Krizancic - someone that Babe has the highest admiration for.

1588962003052.png

brusharc1986

Moderated User
Classy Tweet from Babe congratulating his former assistant. While some people who lose their job go the route of posting on HS message boards to express their frustrations and trash their enemies, some others know how to take the high road. I'm sure Babe will get a job again soon if he wants one. As a Mentor fan, I would love to see him as the successor for Krizancic - someone that Babe has the highest admiration for.

View attachment 7067
Couldn’t agree more. All class.

Attachments

brusharc1986

Moderated User
In a bit of a strange twist, I’m told there was indeed a few prominent Viking Boosters that grabbed the ear of the AD and facilitated a bit of a coup. One booster, I’m told, was extremely close to Coach Babe and acted as an informant for the AD. Although this booster had no access to the undercover files he did run the snitches. Perhaps, at one point they all thought they were in the business of haberdashery but that quickly changed when Coach Babe was let go.

brusharc1986

Moderated User
In a bit of a strange twist, I’m told there was indeed a few prominent Viking Boosters that grabbed the ear of the AD and facilitated a bit of a coup. One booster, I’m told, was extremely close to Coach Babe and acted as an informant for the AD. Although this booster had no access to the undercover files he did run the snitches. Perhaps, at one point they all thought they were in the business of haberdashery but that quickly changed when the

Bball216

I'm not saying if the firing was justified or not - there are people who get paid for that decision. When people have it in for you (like many thought the administration did for Babe) you cannot give them and reasons or incidents to force their agenda. That was unfortunately not that case last season.

That being said has anybody looked into the claims or rumors circulating around about the principle or the administrator and their actions ? It's been well documented to the people in the know what happened with the head coach firing because it went public - why has everything else been hush hush ? Maybe there is something there - maybe there isn't.