VASJ Hires Jeff Rotsky

C'Town216

Rumors are swirling heavily that former Euclid coach will be taking his talents to the corner of lakeshore and 185th to be the next football coach at VASJ. Any truth to this. Basically confirmed just not yet announced? Haven’t heard anything from media outlets except chatter from the Elvis has left the Building thread on here.

Per the News-Herald as of a few minutes ago, Jeff Rotsky is set to become the next VASJ head coach. I know it’s been widely speculated on here the past few days/weeks, but it’s something I didn’t think would be pulled off a month or so ago.

Last edited:
So How many players follow him from Euclid down the street to VASJ. Its also interesting that VASJ plays their home games at Euclid

Per the News-Herald as of a few minutes ago, Jeff Rotsky is set to become the next VASJ head coach. I know it’s been widely speculated on here the past few days/weeks, but it’s something I didn’t think would be pulled off a month or so ago.
Now if we could emulate your hard work and dedication to success ,that would be righteous.

This program needed this boost, despite some of the negative feedback that Rotsky receives, I think he’s the right person to finally get VASJ football back on the map

VASJ is officially on the comeback trail. Will it be easy? No. Will it happen overnight? No. I....personally am hoping for a return to "being a good program" for the Vikings....the first step will be getting to mediocrity, then we'll go from there.

They will take the short cut to rebuilding and pull in 10-15 transfers right away. Admissions office at VASJ is likely busy right now processing applications and school voucher forms.
Since you feel threatened by the little guy on the block (VASJ), then it is time for you (Eds) to bring more muscle (expand into 8-9-10 counties) in order to compete.

VASJ is officially on the comeback trail. Will it be easy? No. Will it happen overnight? No. I....personally am hoping for a return to "being a good program" for the Vikings....the first step will be getting to mediocrity, then we'll go from there.
"Will it happen overnight?" YES IT WILL

Rumors are swirling heavily that former Euclid coach will be taking his talents to the corner of lakeshore and 185th to be the next football coach at VASJ. Any truth to this. Basically confirmed just not yet announced? Haven’t heard anything from media outlets except chatter from the Elvis has left the Building thread on here.
I just saw a tweet that Elvis was on the hiring committee. He quit the AD job, quit as HC and they let him pick the new coach. Wow.

Spot on. Administration are morons.
Do not forget the fact that you are a VIKING. Do not be bitter over some recent past experience. Look in the mirror and be honest about yourself. VIKINGS4LIFE is not just a name. It is a lifestyle. I wish you great health in 2021.

You know what you are getting. It will be interesting to see how this translates in a division he hasn't been in since his Chanel days. Back to the roots it seems. So I would suspect a lot of athletes playing football that didn't last year, the transfers and winning the games that right now are 50/50 and losing to the top competition. Correct me if I'm wrong but the Rotsky track record is:
Chanel-built a small school powerhouse, left a year early before they won 1 or 2 state titles? School closed in the late 2000s
Maple Heights-Built another really good program, left before they started making runs at state titles, I believe a runner-up and a championship? Team has still been successful although a little more sporadic.
Cleveland Heights-Turned a dormant program into a winner again, new facilities and playoffs. Churning out some really good recruits too but never really made a run at a district title.
Euclid-Took over what used to be a really good program, new stadium and perennial playoff team but once again not really contending with the elites.
He gets kids to play football that otherwise wouldn't, communities to get excited about their football program and brings in transfers or transfers from schools that aren't as good flock to him, depending on what you want to believe. He leaves just as suddenly as the turnaround though. So VASJ knows what they are getting, will he bring championships? Probably not. Will he win games, yes.

They will take the short cut to rebuilding and pull in 10-15 transfers right away. Admissions office at VASJ is likely busy right now processing applications and school voucher forms.
We just hired the admissions head over at Eds. No one has more experience than that dude.

You know what you are getting. It will be interesting to see how this translates in a division he hasn't been in since his Chanel days. Back to the roots it seems. So I would suspect a lot of athletes playing football that didn't last year, the transfers and winning the games that right now are 50/50 and losing to the top competition. Correct me if I'm wrong but the Rotsky track record is:
Chanel-built a small school powerhouse, left a year early before they won 1 or 2 state titles? School closed in the late 2000s
Maple Heights-Built another really good program, left before they started making runs at state titles, I believe a runner-up and a championship? Team has still been successful although a little more sporadic.
Cleveland Heights-Turned a dormant program into a winner again, new facilities and playoffs. Churning out some really good recruits too but never really made a run at a district title.
Euclid-Took over what used to be a really good program, new stadium and perennial playoff team but once again not really contending with the elites.
He gets kids to play football that otherwise wouldn't, communities to get excited about their football program and brings in transfers or transfers from schools that aren't as good flock to him, depending on what you want to believe. He leaves just as suddenly as the turnaround though. So VASJ knows what they are getting, will he bring championships? Probably not. Will he win games, yes.
Joes has not been so eager to bring in transfers over the last number of years. I would not expect many but maybe some impactful ones.