USC vs Ohio State

Should be played in the Rose Bowl. But then again, it is no longer a defacto home game for the Men from Troy.

On the field the USC front seven got pushed around by the big ND OL and gave up a ton of yards on the ground, would think that tOSU will do much of the same. When the Trojans have the ball the Buckeye DBs will be challenged but could be a big game for Ward as he looks to solidify a top 20 type status in the 2018 NFL Draft.

Interesting match up. Ohio states linebackers and secondary suck. USC has the best skill in the country. USC line sucks. Ohio State has a great Dline

Should be played in the Rose Bowl. But then again, it is no longer a defacto home game for the Men from Troy.

On the field the USC front seven got pushed around by the big ND OL and gave up a ton of yards on the ground, would think that tOSU will do much of the same. When the Trojans have the ball the Buckeye DBs will be challenged but could be a big game for Ward as he looks to solidify a top 20 type status in the 2018 NFL Draft.

https://reignoftroy.com/2017/10/18/usc-football-defensive-line-injury-crisis-notre-dame/

Interesting match up. Ohio states linebackers and secondary suck. USC has the best skill in the country. USC line sucks. Ohio State has a great Dline

A little too binary in your position analysis IMO.

Ohio State's secondary does not suck. It may be the most improved unit on the team from beginning of year to now. Going to be a big test against Darnold though

I really hope Ohio State wins big just to maybe make the calls for an expansion of the playoff just a little bit louder

SC is streaking and Barrett just isn't a very good QB. Maybe he'll save his best game for last, but I think SC wins by 7-10 points.

Games like these are hard to predict...both teams were trendy preseason picks to reach final 4 and fell short. Sometimes teams do not show up in these situations. OSU sort of did that v. Clemson a few years ago. But then after 15 season they pounded ND. If both teams show up OSU D is better than USC so Bucks win by TD.

If Schiano brings the heat on defense like he did against Wisconsin, and Urban finally gets his head out of his rear end & hands the ball off to Dobbins & Weber a combined 30-40 times, I think the Buckeyes win by 10-17 points.

Now, unfortunately, Urban will probably continue his bromance with JT, and it will come down to the last second again when it shouldn't have. I certainly don't think USC is any better than Wisconsin overall, and as previously mentioned, USC won't have the advantage of this being a home game for them like the Rose Bowl is for them.

SC is streaking and Barrett just isn't a very good QB. Maybe he'll save his best game for last, but I think SC wins by 7-10 points.

Feeling the same way. I think Ohio State has the better roster, but the difference in QB play is so drastic (ala Oklahoma) that USC will win

Hopefully the long layover will cool off USC because they looked pretty damn good against Stanford. I'm not sure how good Stanford's QB is, but he looked pretty good against the USC secondary. They are certainly vulnerable to the run and Weber/Dobbins should get 30-40 touches combined. One version of OSU can definitely win this game, but the versions we've seen against Oklahoma and Iowa will lose by 2+ TDs.

If Schiano brings the heat on defense like he did against Wisconsin, and Urban finally gets his head out of his rear end & hands the ball off to Dobbins & Weber a combined 30-40 times, I think the Buckeyes win by 10-17 points.

Now, unfortunately, Urban will probably continue his bromance with JT, and it will come down to the last second again when it shouldn't have. I certainly don't think USC is any better than Wisconsin overall, and as previously mentioned, USC won't have the advantage of this being a home game for them like the Rose Bowl is for them.

Pretty much feeling this way. I'm expecting Dobbins and Webber to get roughly 20 carries combined with Urban allowing J.T. to carry the load one last time. If it's the J.T. running and dinking and dunking show, I'd expect them to lose by about 10 points. Add another score if Urban's coverage units are in peak poor performance form. If they run the backs 35-40 times and periodically bring some heat with their pass rushers IMO they'll win by two scores.

^ I agree but we've been saying it for a few years now, and almost every single big game it reverts back to JT dives. I'm at a point where I fully expect to see what we always see, and not what we hope

They could both be 5-7 and I'd be up for this game. Bout time. Unfortunately, it probably won't be on network and I won't get to watch it.

Reports coming out from tOSU football players is that they are family and all will play. Guess we will have to wait and see, but if you were not going to play why would you be practicing.

A number of ESPN national guys think that USC should win this thing in a convincing manner. Greg McElroy in particular thinks that if Darnold comes back USC is the favorite to win the title next year and he views this as a spring board game for next year with guys looking to solidify positions. He thinks USC will come in more focused than a Buckeye team that has guys more worried about the NFL draft than preparing for a national title run in 2018. Sounds like a reasonable analysis but then again this game reminds me a lot like the Fiesta Bowl a few years back when tOSU played ND and many folks were saying the same thing about how tOSU players were only worried about draft slots.

A number of ESPN national guys think that USC should win this thing in a convincing manner. Greg McElroy in particular thinks that if Darnold comes back USC is the favorite to win the title next year and he views this as a spring board game for next year with guys looking to solidify positions. He thinks USC will come in more focused than a Buckeye team that has guys more worried about the NFL draft than preparing for a national title run in 2018. Sounds like a reasonable analysis but then again this game reminds me a lot like the Fiesta Bowl a few years back when tOSU played ND and many folks were saying the same thing about how tOSU players were only worried about draft slots.
Pretty ironic, considering I'd say there's almost zero chance of Darnold coming back next year. He's almost guaranteed to be either the first or second QB picked in this year's NFL draft, and considering the dearth of NFL QB talent right now, he will easily command major $$$$s.

Why take the chance on getting hurt next season in college, and ruining your draft stock? If there are guys concerned about playing in just a bowl game for that reason, that's nothing compared to the risk of playing another entire season of college ball.

Pretty ironic, considering I'd say there's almost zero chance of Darnold coming back next year. He's almost guaranteed to be either the first or second QB picked in this year's NFL draft, and considering the dearth of NFL QB talent right now, he will easily command major $$$$s.

Why take the chance on getting hurt next season in college, and ruining your draft stock? If there are guys concerned about playing in just a bowl game for that reason, that's nothing compared to the risk of playing another entire season of college ball.

Darnold does NOT want to be a Brown.

Can he pull a John Elway and just say I will not sign with the Browns if picked? From what I understand his family has means so its not like he is hurting for $s so he could sit out the entire 2018 season as leverage forcing the Browns take Rosen and then go play up the coast in SF.

A couple of points. One is that he has specifically denied it, and that coverage is from relatively reputable outlets.

https://www.si.com/college-football/2017/11/28/sam-darnold-nfl-draft-browns-rumors

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...old-denies-stay-school-avoid-cleveland-browns

The other point is that the Browns are likely to have the #1 pick again next year as well, so he can't just hang out in college forever anyway.