US women get paid What ?

buckshooter5

Wow the Women are Paid more than the Men !
The Womens Team loses more money than they bring in ! WHAT A SHOCK
go to this link and read:

The fact sheet is coming from the USF as part of its defense in the lawsuit filed by the WMNT players. I suspect that the numbers are being manipulated to discredit the athletes' case

One of the biggest problems with the whole issue is: all the contracts are negotiated through unions and agents. When that happens, the contracts are set for X-years regardless of what income was at the time of the negotiations.

Additionally, without truly "open book accounting" where everyone knows what money comes in and where that money is spent by USSF, no one will truly know. Does the WNT side standalone from the MNT? Or is there an expectation that some money should be divvied up between the two (i.e., revenue from one side should go toward the other)?

I've said from Day 1 of this issue, one of the easiest things the Federation could do is at least give each NT the same per diem. How hard is that? Make sure their hotels are the same. None of that should be different.

One of the biggest problems with the whole issue is: all the contracts are negotiated through unions and agents. When that happens, the contracts are set for X-years regardless of what income was at the time of the negotiations.

Additionally, without truly "open book accounting" where everyone knows what money comes in and where that money is spent by USSF, no one will truly know. Does the WNT side standalone from the MNT? Or is there an expectation that some money should be divvied up between the two (i.e., revenue from one side should go toward the other)?

I've said from Day 1 of this issue, one of the easiest things the Federation could do is at least give each NT the same per diem. How hard is that? Make sure their hotels are the same. None of that should be different.
hotels and air fare. I remember reading somewhere that the WNT players were required to fly coach when arriving for team camps, while the MNT players flew 1st class.

When the woman can compete with the men, then start talking about equal pay.

Don't forget the last time the WNT played a 15 year old boys team from Texas and got their As#6%4&^ Kicked !
So don't even say they could compete with the MNT Not even in your wildest dreams !
I agree base salary from USSF should be the same. but from there pay from bonus and FIFA should be based on money brought in and that is not even close. maybe one day not in our lifetime.

When the woman can compete with the men, then start talking about equal pay.

Don't forget the last time the WNT played a 15 year old boys team from Texas and got their As#6%4&^ Kicked !
So don't even say they could compete with the MNT Not even in your wildest dreams !
I agree base salary from USSF should be the same. but from there pay from bonus and FIFA should be based on money brought in and that is not even close. maybe one day not in our lifetime.
The U15 game is played out. Ellis used that game to experiment with formations and lineups. It wasn't a competitive game. Who cares if the WNT doesnt beat the MNT in a game. The women's game is preferable to watch, and frankly the WNT is more marketable than the mens. I think the argument comes down to who makes more, not who deserves it. If the men bring in more $$$ despite sucking, then they deserve the investment to be competitive. Men's FIFA brings in so much more than the womens.

The USWNT constantly plays U-whatever boys club teams. They HAVE to. There's no other team in the US that can give them the speed, physicality, etc. that they'd need for international competition. No other women's team could do it -- or they'd be on the USWNT. The argument is played out and tiring. Lazy.

The latest "lobbyist" hire by USSF just continues to make this whole situation even more embarrassing than it already was. All it shows is there's incompetent leadership from the Federation AND the union/lawyers that battle for the USWNT.

Bottom line, the metric that determines pay in every industry - profitability - should drive compensation in this case, too. Regardless of how much the women win, the market simply does not pay as much for the women's game as much as it does for the men. Should the women be paid more? Maybe. Do they deserve equal pay? No, because the numbers don't justify it. US Soccer does not control the market forces that ultimately drive compensation. It really is that simple. Won't stop the masses from demanding "equal pay" though. Cuz fighting for "equality" just feels good. Even when it doesn't make sense.