Uniontown Lake Blue Streaks

BuckeyeUrban

Baseball and Track are done. Have heard a lot about this Junior class since they were 8th graders. Is everyone showing up to off-season workouts? Are expectations high this year? Playoffs or bust? Sounds like DeGeorge brought in a whole new staff. Most are former head coaches. Should be another interesting season in Blue Streak Country. Rock 'Em!

Baseball and Track are done. Have heard a lot about this Junior class since they were 8th graders. Is everyone showing up to off-season workouts? Are expectations high this year? Playoffs or bust? Sounds like DeGeorge brought in a whole new staff. Most are former head coaches. Should be another interesting season in Blue Streak Country. Rock 'Em!

Sounds like Lake is on the up! Along with improved teams across the league, this should be the strongest the league has been since I can remember. But a very strong league also poses problems with accumulating the necessary computer points to qualify for the playoffs. This will be the challenge for all of the Fed., not just Lake.

Good luck to the Steaks!

always keep the faith!

That is true JJBulldog. A strong league throughout can be very problematic when it comes to gaining computer points. That is why that Massillon / McKinley game becomes so crucial to win. Both from a traditional reason and from a computer points reason.

Uniontown Lake is always tough, for as long as I have been into NEO HS football. Regardless of record, they will always give you a slobberknocker of a game.

From what I’ve collected, offseason workouts have been great! I want to say playoffs or bust, but this league schedule is going to be brutal this year. I think this year, half of our region will have playoff teams from our area. Lake, Hoover, Perry and Massillon. Lakes health is always a question, being the smallest school in the league makes it tough. But if they stay healthy, they most definitely have the horses this year to be very good. Big up front, return a ton of starters and the first QB we have had in some time that can sling the rock. Hopefully they look to actually open up the offense this year. They have some very athletic receivers and a QB that can throw, not to mention Demarco is on staff this year and he will do a great job with the quarterbacks. Might see a little bit different of a Lake team this year offensively wise. Looking forward to the season and as always, ROCKEM.

I believe John Demarco is the only new addition. Rest of guys have been on staff for many years with Coach DeGeorge.

Do we think the right coach is at the helm?

I think the next two years will provide you with that answer. One camp hammers on the lack of offensive creativity, while the other camp defends the fact that 'you play with the players you have'. Both sides have a valid point IMO. So, with the talent coming up it should shed some light on your question.

Some good points have been brought up too (injuries and increased talent of the opponents) so that'll need factored in because it may not be as easy as looking at the win and losses, unfortunately.

DeMarco will help you score more points and balance your offense. He is much better suited to be an offensive coordinator than a head coach. An added bonus is your secondary will be more comfortable defending the pass because they will see it a lot more in practice.

Do you even follow Lake football? I thought they had a winning record last year?? correct me if I am wrong.

Yes I go to Heartville Hardware every Sunday after mass, thank you very much! The football team is loaded this year and has been loaded for the past few years. Athletically they should easily win the Federal League. I feel that they under performed last year!

I love Grindrs! They have a sausage brat to die for. If you go before a game make sure you get it well done. If not well done it sometimes is s a pale color and not as big. Well done is crisper and darker and really will fill you up!

Back to the sports I do think Lake should be real good this year. They do have the best stadium in the Fed!

I think the next two years will provide you with that answer. One camp hammers on the lack of offensive creativity, while the other camp defends the fact that 'you play with the players you have'. Both sides have a valid point IMO. So, with the talent coming up it should shed some light on your question.

Some good points have been brought up too (injuries and increased talent of the opponents) so that'll need factored in because it may not be as easy as looking at the win and losses, unfortunately.

Couldn’t have said it better myself. Both sides have a valid point. You can only be creative with the athletes you have. Time will tell. Should be a good year in UNIONTOWN (that’s where lake high school is located, not hartville ;) )

This has been said countless times before on Yappi but I'll say it again. Lake usually can field a team of starters that can compete with most but it's their depth of talent that comes up short, especially in the Federal League, most years. If they could ever find a way to not have to platoon, linemen especially, I think they could challenge for the Fed title most seasons.
Does anyone know who they scrimmage this season? Is Stow the 2nd scrimmage again?

This has been said countless times before on Yappi but I'll say it again. Lake usually can field a team of starters that can compete with most but it's their depth of talent that comes up short, especially in the Federal League, most years. If they could ever find a way to not have to platoon, linemen especially, I think they could challenge for the Fed title most seasons.
Does anyone know who they scrimmage this season? Is Stow the 2nd scrimmage again?

Based upon what I have seen from the Louisville/Lake scrimmages and the game last year it seems the Blue Streak lack an identity on offense. They seem to be caught between i formation smash mouth and trying to spread the field.

Stark County has become a DII centric area. Massillon going deep the last two years, Perry the two before that. Lake is always a threat and Hoover will be for at least the next couple of years, maybe longer. It's time we start seeing some epic DII battles involving Stark County Schools in the region. Between Massillon, Perry, Lake & Hoover, Stark County should own the region.

Yes I go to Heartville Hardware every Sunday after mass, thank you very much! The football team is loaded this year and has been loaded for the past few years. Athletically they should easily win the Federal League. I feel that they under performed last year!

I thought that "Hartville" Hardware was closed on Sundays.

I thought that "Hartville" Hardware was closed on Sundays.

Hartville Hardware
Hartville Hardware America's Largest Hardware Store featuring John Deere lawn equipment, kitchen and bath, lumber and hard to find woodworking tools.

1315 Edison St. NW
Hartville, OH 44632

Phone: 330-877-3631

Hours: M - F 8AM - 8PM
Sat 8AM - 6PM
Closed Sunday
Holidays & Special Event Hours

I am planning on meeting Hester at "Heart"ville Hardware on Sunday morning after services, anyone else wanna meet up for some shoppin'? Maybe they open just for Hester, anyone think of that?

Who are the scrimmages this year? Stow and who else?

There has been a change from last year...we scrimmaged North Ridgeville and was to go to their place this year. How the schedule worked out...the idea of traveling to North Ridgeville, Stow, Ashland, and then Lyndhurst was a bit much. So the scrimmages this year are St V at home, Stow away, and then the season starts.

There has been a change from last year...we scrimmaged North Ridgeville and was to go to their place this year. How the schedule worked out...the idea of traveling to North Ridgeville, Stow, Ashland, and then Lyndhurst was a bit much. So the scrimmages this year are St V at home, Stow away, and then the season starts.

Thank you BSO!