Uniontown Lake Blue Streaks

Bluestreakoffice

A schedule difference this year. The Lake vs St V scrimmage is set for Friday Aug 16 at 6 pm. This is the first time since I have been around that this first scrimmage is not on Saturday morning

pavis

Are both the parking lot situation and the intersection of 619 and market going to be done by the start of season?
I saw that the intersection of Market/619 was closed for 30 days starting at the end of July and the first home game is Sept 13th. I don't have a clue re: the parking lot.

Just heard Lake has about 70+ kids on the varsity/JV roster this season. More than last season correct or no? Also read that Copley's numbers are down around 40. If true, not good for Lake. The Indians will not give the Streaks many secondary computer points this coming season with only 40 kids on a D3 roster.

pavis

Just heard Lake has about 70+ kids on the varsity/JV roster this season. More than last season correct or no? Also read that Copley's numbers are down around 40. If true, not good for Lake. The Indians will not give the Streaks many secondary computer points this coming season with only 40 kids on a D3 roster.
I counted 63 on https://fridaynightohio.com/team/roster/47/uniontown-oh-lake-blue-streaks-football/?view=list

They'll probably lose a few via 2-a-days. But, it looks like they are up a few.

Bluestreakoffice

Yeah, Degeorge said in his podcast that they are at about 70.. impressive. Has to be the highest number in some years? BSO?
Would be the most since 2010....the classes before 2010 had this many kids as a norm. The school had more boys in the top 3 grades during those years also.

Does anyone know if the 7 on 7 drills are done for the year? I usually like to attend one every year but I have not researched them very much this time around. Thanks in advance.

All of the teams are ready to get after it. I recall hearing about Texas high schools holding Midnight Madness for their football teams. At the stroke of midnight the players and coaches are pounding it out onto the field for their first official practice of the season. Wonder of any Ohio schools do this. Might be kind of cool to have some big festivities surround the kick off to the season.

These first 3-4 days are nothing but a little amplified fantasy football camp with no hitting. If I recall, 3 days of non-contact, then they can wear all gear with some "incidental" contact, which should happen on Monday, then Tuesday will be the first day of full-go football. Correct me if they have lowered it to 2 non-contact days, then a day of full gear, then full go.

Bluestreakoffice

Stadium seats on the home side are almost re-installed..the seating should be done tomorrow or Monday it looks like. It is my understanding they are going to move the concession stand that is in the complex up to the press box, put a new roof on the complex, and put new locker rooms where the concession stand is. Also for football games they are thinking of putting food trucks on the north side behind the flag pole.

Will the concession stand be rebuilt somewhere else after this season? The congestion behind the press box will be all kinds of bad with a concession stand there.

Will the concession stand be rebuilt somewhere else after this season? The congestion behind the press box will be all kinds of bad with a concession stand there.
I agree. It really gets congested behind the press box. I dont see how a concession stand can be put there unless they seriously expand the area .

Wrestling245

Any word on the Blue/White scrimmage this past Wednesday? What position group looked the best?
We have some very good size this year on both fronts. The D line to me looked stellar. They are going to be a tough group to handle for anyone this year. Not too good with the names and numbers of all the players, but little Tobin is mean and aggressive and I LOVE it. Got into a little scuffle with one of the guys and Degorge pulled them together and made them apologize. Loved the intensity he brings every play. Some of the parents didn’t like it, but oh well it’s football and it happens.

Last edited:

Wrestling245

With that being said, it most definitely isn’t the fastest team I’ve seen. Going to need to rely on our physicality and size more so than our speed this year.

Bluestreakoffice

With that being said, it most definitely isn’t the fastest team I’ve seen. Going to need to rely on our physicality and size more so than our speed this year.
The Blue White scrimmage was about as expected. There were no surprises or stand outs. The good players were good, the mediocre players were mediocre, and the players in the third group showed why at this time they are in the third group.. There is hope that some new players will make the move up to better.....any good Lake team from the past has always had that as a trademark. They are only half way thru 2 a days so there is more time and coaching. The team has great overall skill kids....best we have had in awhile....no super players just good Lake High School football players

Thanks Wrestling and BSO! Good stuff. So good size and physical up front on both sides of the ball, aggressive on defense, good skill on offense but not much speed. Got it.

pavis

I just drove past today and there are still workers doing 'stuff'. I am assuming it's putting some finishing touch on, as they look to be complete. My guess is that they'll be open for the scrimmage, but my guessing isn't so great a lot of the time.

pavis

I watched some of the 8th grade scrimmage vs. Ellet last night. That will be a fun squad to watch this year. Lake has decent size and good skill.... Ellet's facility was very nice too.