Uniontown Lake Blue Streaks and the Federal League - Preview

Asking fans from each team in the Fed to give us a preview or what to watch for from their boys basketball team this season. Coaches, players, transfers, returning letter winners, etc.

Bull GreenDog

The Green Bulldogs have high expectations in 2019-2020! 11 of 12 varsity players return from last year's district championship team. 6 seniors are back, including 4 senior returning starters. (Smith, Simmer, O'Neill and Keeslar). Coach Kinsley's fast paced offense and hard-nosed defense should have another successful year.

Thanks Bull! Best of luck to your Green Bulldogs this season! Was Green placed in the Copley District last year? Are they there again this season?

Hoover should be interesting. Their best player moved to St V. But they return everyone else. Taking with one of the assistant coaches at a Baseball game this summer, he thought they would be a much better team without Harris. Not as much standing around and a more balanced Offense. Hope the Vikings can put it together. They should have decent size.
Good Luck all.

CantonKid

Canton McKinley returns 3 sophomore starters from last year and another starter.Plus returning other players who got playing time.The Pups also had a very good J.V. team last year.

Massillon#82

Hoover should be interesting. Their best player moved to St V. But they return everyone else. Taking with one of the assistant coaches at a Baseball game this summer, he thought they would be a much better team without Harris. Not as much standing around and a more balanced Offense. Hope the Vikings can put it together. They should have decent size.
Good Luck all.
Ashby isn’t playing basketball this year.

Ashby not playing is going to be a big blow to the program. I wonder why he's not playing?? Couldbe to get bigger for football. Losing Ashby and Harris will be hard to bounce back from.

I know some of the coaches thought they would be better without Harris, but I'm not sure. Hope they can manage some W's. I think coach Bluey did a good job last year with such a young team, but losing that much is going to be hard for anyone Good luck all

Streaks73

Blue Streaks returning one starter, maybe 3 seniors. Word is several varsity lettermen (good athletes) in the junior class did not come back this year and one sophomore who likely would have seen some varsity time transferred to Hoover. If this is all true program doesn't seem to be in good shape.

Massillon#82

Blue Streaks returning one starter, maybe 3 seniors. Word is several varsity lettermen (good athletes) in the junior class did not come back this year and one sophomore who likely would have seen some varsity time transferred to Hoover. If this is all true program doesn't seem to be in good shape.
Is Vaughn still at Lake ?