Undefeated Teams

SirStanley

We're heading into the final weeks of the regular season. Teams that are undefeated now could very well run the table. What teams are still undefeated, and what opponent is their biggest threat remaining on the schedule?

I know from Dayton, Carroll is still undefeated at 9-0-2 and the best game they have remaining is their last regular season game against Vandalia Butler. I believe Wyoming from the Cincy area is 11-0.

Dayton D3 botkins is undefeated and look likely to finish the season that way. Based on records their last game against Lima central Catholic is toughest test.

Undefeated teams I know of

Wyoming 12-0-0
Dayton Carroll 9-0-2
Ross 11-0-1
Clinton Massie 7-0-2

Looking at schedules I think there’s a good chance all 4 of these teams go into the tournament undefeated.

Great info, guys. Some of those teams (obviously not Carroll) may be seeking their first undefeated regular seasons. Fantastic. I'm pretty sure St. Ignatius is still undefeated and defending state champ, Medina, as well. Always great for those teams, but I'm very appreciative of the developing programs. Great soccer is spreading!

Great info, guys. Some of those teams (obviously not Carroll) may be seeking their first undefeated regular seasons. Fantastic. I'm pretty sure St. Ignatius is still undefeated and defending state champ, Medina, as well. Always great for those teams, but I'm very appreciative of the developing programs. Great soccer is spreading!

Ignatius has two ties now (one against the #1 team in the country), but they are still unbeaten. Medina probably won't have much of a test until the playoffs - looks like the two of them are heading for another rematch in the semis.

Bay in D2 is still undefeated at 10-0

Ignatius has two ties now (one against the #1 team in the country), but they are still unbeaten. Medina probably won't have much of a test until the playoffs - looks like the two of them are heading for another rematch in the semis.

[/QUOTE

Not to nickpick, but at the time of their meeting, Ignatius with the #1 team in the country and Benedicts was #2.

It depends on the rankings you're looking at.

Top Drawer had Ignatius #1 and St. Benedict's #2, whereas USA Today had St. Benedict's #1.

Ignatius dropped to #3 on Top Drawer's rankings, but they play the new #1 team next week.

Medina is #6 on both polls, by the way, with Ignatius #8 in the USA Today poll.

Tipp City 2
Alter 2

Tipp scores 2 goals in the last 15 minutes for the tie. Not a pretty game. Typical of today's high school fare. Lots of physical play.....dozens of fouls.....very disruptive play. Tipp's game is throw it into the box....or kick it into the box....and sumo wrestle the ball into the goal. After countless of such....the devils finally wore Alter down and put two in. Alter did little on offense in the second half....defending almost all of the 40 minutes. If you play Tipp in the tourney....don't foul them....or give them sideline throw ins inside of 30 yards from the net. You do so at your own peril.

Tipp City 2
Alter 2

Tipp scores 2 goals in the last 15 minutes for the tie. Not a pretty game. Typical of today's high school fare. Lots of physical play.....dozens of fouls.....very disruptive play. Tipp's game is throw it into the box....or kick it into the box....and sumo wrestle the ball into the goal. After countless of such....the devils finally wore Alter down and put two in. Alter did little on offense in the second half....defending almost all of the 40 minutes. If you play Tipp in the tourney....don't foul them....or give them sideline throw ins inside of 30 yards from the net. You do so at your own peril.
As a neutral observer I thought Tippecanoe was the more finesse oriented midfield but gave up 2 early goals on mistakes, one on a clearance and one by the keeper which led to a defender's handball in the box. i thought Alter's back line defense was superior. I did not view the game as particularly physical and certainly not more so by one team over the other. I thought it was pretty well officiated. Based on my eye's only, I suspect both will do well come tournament time, but I would consider Tippecanoe the favorite if they met on a neutral field. Mind you, i do not profess expertise in my evaluation, just passing on my postgame musings.

Ottoville is 12-0, outscored their opponents 52-3, 4 more games vs. Lima CC, Kalida, Fort Jennings & Riverdale. D-3 team not ranked.

Ottoville is 12-0, outscored their opponents 52-3, 4 more games vs. Lima CC, Kalida, Fort Jennings & Riverdale. D-3 team not ranked.
Going undefeated is tough no matter what but ottoville doesn't exactly play a tough schedule either. Their opponents are a combined 35-89-9. Probably should beef the schedule up some to get ranked.

Congrats to Monroe on their 1-0 win over Alter today. Monroe and Oakwood are having great seasons and bringing some RESPECT to the SWBL. Its not Bellbrook's league anymore. The Hornets and Tipp City remain unbeaten.....and deserve top seeds in the coming D-2 tournament.

Many of the D2 top seeds will be undefeated. Monroe and Tipp have yet to lose although have tied. Wyoming is 13-0-0 and Bay out of Cleveland is 12-0-0.

Has anyone seen Wyoming, Ross, or Taylor play?
Saw Taylor play Indian Hill. It was 2-2 and Indian Hill scored late to make it 3-2. While IH was the better team, Taylor will give teams fits. They play hard, are organized, and have a great striker, #11 I believe who scored both their goals. Would not be surprised to see them upset a team or two come October.

Did anyone hear how the goalie is doing that did damage to his spleen during a game? Hoping the best for him and his family...

"Medina not much of a test?" They lost to Strongsville last year and that game is still on the schedule

Has anyone seen Wyoming, Ross, or Taylor play?

We saw Wyoming play earlier this year at McNick since my son knows many of the McNick players and he used to be coached by Wyoming’s current head coach, coach Jones. Wyoming is organized, technical through the middle of the field, and plays with intensity & physicality. They have a very big forward up top who scored two goals and their keeper is a big kid as well. Really good team. Fun to watch. Hoping we get to see them again in the tournament!

Looks like Wyoming (14-0), Ross (12-0-1), and Monroe (12-0-2) all maintained undefeated records last night. I believe all three teams are Southwest D2 as well.

Looks like Wyoming (14-0), Ross (12-0-1), and Monroe (12-0-2) all maintained undefeated records last night. I believe all three teams are Southwest D2 as well.
Looks like Monroe and Ross should definitely win out. Wyoming's last game is against a good Indian Hill team and should be a great game.

Looks like Monroe and Ross should definitely win out. Wyoming's last game is against a good Indian Hill team and should be a great game.

Agreed! Wyoming-IH will be for the Cincinnati Hills League championship. Wyoming only needs a tie to win title outright. An IH W gives it to the Braves. Also could be preview of a D2 regional match-up.

Agree it should be a good game. IH will be playing without its starting keeper due to a spleen injury from the Summit game. (I heard the Summit game was pretty ugly with a couple of red cards)