Ufc: 207

BobcatBomber

The return of Rousey.

I also think it will be the end of Rousey, no matter she win or lose. White confirmed that she will address the media post-fight, so I'm expecting a retirement announcement. Love to watch her fight, but she doesn't have the fighter mentality anymore.

IDK who else is on the card.

The return of Rousey.

I also think it will be the end of Rousey, no matter she win or lose. White confirmed that she will address the media post-fight, so I'm expecting a retirement announcement. Love to watch her fight, but she doesn't have the fighter mentality anymore.

IDK who else is on the card.

I think she has too much pride to relinquish the title if she wins. I think the only way she retires is if she loses. Unless she just barely wins and decides it's not worth it to keep going I don't see her being done with a victory.

Forget about her. How about Cody Garbrandt? Former OHSAA wrestling champ at Claymont and now the 2nd Ohioan to hold a UFC championship along with Stipe Miocic.

Dana White should tell Rhonda you will get paid when you stop running away like a baby and sit down for an interview. After that she can go crawl under her pillow and cry.

Last edited:
Forget about her. How about Cody Garbrandt? Former OHSAA wrestling champ at Claymont and now the 2nd Ohioan to hold a UFC championship along with Stipe Miocic.

That fight was amazing. If he doesn't learn the proper time to finish an opponent instead of showboating, he won't be champ for long.

How is it a sham, out of curiosity?

It is a private entity with ONE goal, make money. Which is fine, but it gets in the way of integrity. There are a lot of upcoming fighters who deserve a shot but will not get one because they do not have the name recognition. This is why we see popular fighters over and over again no matter how many times they lose because they sell. Dana and the UFC did not want to see Rousey lose last night because she was a gold mine.

History lesson for free: Dana White is a puppet clown. On top of that the Fertitta's made billions of dollars all the while their product (fighters) have to fight into their 50's because they did not get paid. The Ferttita's are an old mob family. They figured out the popularity of the sport early and realized unlike boxing they could control the market and what that would mean for making money.

It is a private entity with ONE goal, make money. Which is fine, but it gets in the way of integrity. There are a lot of upcoming fighters who deserve a shot but will not get one because they do not have the name recognition. This is why we see popular fighters over and over again no matter how many times they lose because they sell. Dana and the UFC did not want to see Rousey lose last night because she was a gold mine.

Ok gotcha. By sham you meant just like every other sports league and business ever.

History lesson for free: Dana White is a puppet clown. On top of that the Fertitta's made billions of dollars all the while their product (fighters) have to fight into their 50's because they did not get paid. The Ferttita's are an old mob family. They figured out the popularity of the sport early and realized unlike boxing they could control the market and what that would mean for making money.

Name recognition and brand SHOULD matter. It doesn't matter how great upcoming fighters are, if they can't draw then the UFC won't make money. Fans aren't going to pay to watch Joe Schmo win boring decisions by laying on top of someone. It's entertainment and it's a business. Some of the fighters just have NO personality. At least make a fake persona to get some attention. It's not a very difficult thing to do. Play the role of a bad guy and people will pay to watch you get punched in the face. Mickey Gall only has 4 pro fights and he's already made his name by calling out fighters.

The Fertitta's don't even own the UFC anymore, WME does. So your history lesson holds no water.

Name recognition and brand SHOULD matter. It doesn't matter how great upcoming fighters are, if they can't draw then the UFC won't make money. Fans aren't going to pay to watch Joe Schmo win boring decisions by laying on top of someone. It's entertainment and it's a business. Some of the fighters just have NO personality. At least make a fake persona to get some attention. It's not a very difficult thing to do. Play the role of a bad guy and people will pay to watch you get punched in the face. Mickey Gall only has 4 pro fights and he's already made his name by calling out fighters.

The Fertitta's don't even own the UFC anymore, WME does. So your history lesson holds no water.

Oh wait? So it is not the best fighters? So if the best fighter has no personality he should not fight? It IS entertainment? Thanks for making my point.

My history lesson holds water because it is a history lesson. Read my post, I cite the billions that the Fertitta's made in profit on the sale.

On top of you agreeing with me, there are few checks and balances, and fighters are underpaid.

Oh wait? So it is not the best fighters? So if the best fighter has no personality he should not fight? It IS entertainment? Thanks for making my point.

My history lesson holds water because it is a history lesson. Read my post, I cite the billions that the Fertitta's made in profit on the sale.

On top of you agreeing with me, there are few checks and balances, and fighters are underpaid.

I never said it's not the best fighters. I said 'upcoming' fighters. For the most part the elite (top 3-5 in each division) are right where they should be. Most of the current champs are deserving regardless of their journey. It gets a bit muddled near the bottom tier.

The newly formed MMAAA (Fighters Association) might force a change in the pay scale in the future. Too bad it will probably hurt the sport overall. The UFC has been so successful because MMA is NOT boxing. Now with unionization and all this other garbage it'll eventually become exactly like boxing, likely fading into obscurity as well.

Not every boxer is paid Mayweather money. Just like not every MMA fighter should be paid McGregor money.

cfe2eccde0e940e8ad542063c1538cf8.jpg