UCF and making the playoff.

AAC teams have beaten Illinois, Maryland, Pitt, North Carolina, UCLA, and Georgia Tech. They have over a 30 percent winning record over the P5 schools. Considering they are usually on the road against those teams, the record could be better. Plus, many of the better P5 schools avoid the better AAC teams.

Maryland is the only team you mentioned that's better than mediocre. Not a great resume for a conference you're claiming is better than the Pac 12 and ACC.

Maryland is the only team you mentioned that's better than mediocre. Not a great resume for a conference you're claiming is better than the Pac 12 and ACC.

That is true, but all of the P5 teams play those mediocre teams and win, and I'm saying UCF beats those same mediocre teams. UCF would be one of the tope teams in every conference. Now if they don't go undefeated, there isn't an argument. If they win 27 games in a row with nonconference wins over Auburn in the bowl game and Pitt amongst others, they deserve to be in if there are not any other undefeated teams.

AAC teams have beaten Illinois, Maryland, Pitt, North Carolina, UCLA, and Georgia Tech.

Illinois - 3-3 barely beat Kent St, only Power 5 win against Rutgers
Maryland - 4-2 with a nice OOC win over TX
Pitt - 3-4 smoked by Penn St, lost to UNC, close losses to Syracuse and ND
UNC - 1-4 lost to ECU, blown out by Miami, beat Pitt
UCLA - 1-5 blown out by OU, Fresno, Colorado but played Wash tight
GA Tech - 3-4 lost to Pitt and Duke, only Power 5 win over 2-5 UofL

Big Bearcat fan - but disagree on UCF and the AAC. If UCF were to get in, last year was the year. They're not as good this season.

Big Bearcat fan - but disagree on UCF and the AAC. If UCF were to get in, last year was the year. They're not as good this season.

I don't know if they are worse than last year. Memphis gives teams fits all the time. I just do not want to see a team like Alabama get in without a conference title and basically playing a schedule that UCF and many others could run the table with too.

lol so you're holding AAC wins against the AAC?

the p5 cartel and their media lapdogs will never allow a g5 team in the playoff. last year proved that beyond any doubt.

This is what makes me crazy. If Clemson loses to NC State today and NC State doesn't run the table, then an undefeated team from the AAC of MWC should jump them. These teams have done well in that New Year's Six offering. There is nothing that says they will not be able to play with the P5 teams. This year is really interesting for the Argument. Okay tOSU, Bama, and LSU are dominant teams, but the rest are not great. The ACC, Big 12, and PAC Ten are not that good, and if NC State and Clemson drop the ball they should be out. The best team in the Big 12 lost to Maryland and the PAC 10 have no signature wins by any of its teams. Of course this discussion will be for naught if UCF doesn't win out. But I think that there needs to be serious consideration for UCF's and Boise States of college football.

sos is the tiebreaker when comparing teams of equal records. to say an undefeated team doesnt even get considered for a playoff is the joke

#Power6 :laugh:
UCF had a gripe last year, so far this year they do not. If there aren't any undefeated teams and UCF runs the table we can talk, otherwise they can enjoy playing in the Fiesta Bowl this year.

I just do not want to see a team like Alabama get in without a conference title and basically playing a schedule that UCF and many others could run the table with too.

This may be the most laughable comment on the entire thread. Alabama plays Texas A&M, at LSU, Mississippi State, and Auburn. All are better than anyone on UCF's schedule.

Assuming UCF goes unbeaten for the second year in a row, what are some scenarios that you think would have to unfold in order for the selection committee to put them in the playoff?

Assuming UCF goes unbeaten for the second year in a row, what are some scenarios that you think would have to unfold in order for the selection committee to put them in the playoff?

Well it would take a lot. Some combination of multiple of the below.

-Notre Dame lose two of its remaining games
-Iowa Lose one of its remaining games. Michigan or Ohio State enter the Big Ten championship game with two losses and lose to a two loss Iowa team.
- Clemson lose two games or two loss ACC Champion
- Kentucky win the SEC East but lose to UL to end the regular Season then they beat a two loss LSU to win the SEC.

See it would take basically the impossible.

Well Iowa lost to PSU this weekend. I think UCF could have a chance IF the 4th team is a Champion with two losses. Didn't seem likely but after this week things became a little murkier.

Pac 12 - everyone already has two losses
Big 12 - OU, Texas and WVU all have 1-loss (WVY @ Texas this week, and OU @ WVU final weekend of regular season)
B1G West - all have two losses
B1G East - all have 1-loss (Michigan gets PSU and OSU still, OSU gets MSU and Michigan still)
SEC East - rep likely will have 2 losses after SEC Title game
SEC West - Bama will beat everyone else, so everyone else will have 1-loss
ACC - everyone but Clemson has two losses

Right now you'd have to think Bama and Clemson are in. ND is in if they run the table, probably also if they lose just one.

LET THEM IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm totally down to see them in the playoff as long as they aren't playing Alabama first game

UCF needs either Ohio State or M*chigan to lose in the Big Ten title game, and then for the Big 12 champ to have two losses. That would give them a real shot.

So root for OU and WVU to drop a game somewhere

Well Iowa lost to PSU this weekend. I think UCF could have a chance IF the 4th team is a Champion with two losses. Didn't seem likely but after this week things became a little murkier.

Pac 12 - everyone already has two losses
Big 12 - OU, Texas and WVU all have 1-loss (WVY @ Texas this week, and OU @ WVU final weekend of regular season)
B1G West - all have two losses
B1G East - all have 1-loss (Michigan gets PSU and OSU still, OSU gets MSU and Michigan still)
SEC East - rep likely will have 2 losses after SEC Title game
SEC West - Bama will beat everyone else, so everyone else will have 1-loss
ACC - everyone but Clemson has two losses

Right now you'd have to think Bama and Clemson are in. ND is in if they run the table, probably also if they lose just one.

You missed Washington State who only has one loss. So if they win out and the PAC 12, they will be in over UCF.

UCF needs Alabama to roll at LSU Saturday. If LSU wins a close game at home, Alabama is still going to be in and then the winner between LSU and Georgia/Kentucky title game would also be in if they have just one loss. Ohio State fans need to be rooting for Bama to roll this weekend.

sos is the tiebreaker when comparing teams of equal records. to say an undefeated team doesnt even get considered for a playoff is the joke

Why would you ever consider a team that gave up 34 to Temple..... in the first half!!!! The joke continues

I’d love to see them play Bama, so they’d get their kicked and finally shut up.

If they played Bama a new scoreboard would be required. The current one only goes to 99. That would be what Bama would put on them in the first half

Right now I think only Clemson (and possibly LSU at home at night this weekend) could even keep it competitive with Bama. They’d beat this Ohio State team by 50 points