UCF and making the playoff.

falguin

UCF is playing lights out again. They killed a Pitt team that beat a Syracuse team that should have beaten Clemson. If they run the table again they should be in the playoff if there is a scenario where the P5 conferences have teams that are conference champions and have two losses and a team like Alabama that has one loss but is not a champion. UCF and the rest of its conference have faired very well in the New Years 6 game. Last year UCF beat an Auburn team that beat the NC. IF they have another undefeated season, they belong in the playoffs because based on their performances, they can win it.

As I do every season, I'm hoping for a bunch of undefeated teams at the end of the season. Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson, WVU, Colorado, Notre Dame, and UCF all finishing unbeaten would be phenomenal.

Tough two weeks ahead then really nothing too tough until the conference championship game. A team to keep an eye on at least

True, won't disagree with you there. Washington St. and Utah won't be a cakewalk, but fortunately for CU they've got both of them at home. I'd like to see WVU run the table but the back-end of their schedule is going to be tough.

True, won't disagree with you there. Washington St. and Utah won't be a cakewalk, but fortunately for CU they've got both of them at home. I'd like to see WVU run the table but the back-end of their schedule is going to be tough.

I thought I heard they’re underdogs vs 1-4 USC this week. I know it’s at USC and they’ve got tons of young talent, but that should tell you everything you need to know about Colorado.

I thought I heard they’re underdogs vs 1-4 USC this week. I know it’s at USC and they’ve got tons of young talent, but that should tell you everything you need to know about Colorado.

USC always seems to be favored in PAC12 match-ups regardless of their record, unless it was Chip Kelly's Oregon or Peterson's Washington. It's generally assumed they have the talent advantage, even if they're record is garbage.

USC always seems to be favored in PAC12 match-ups regardless of their record, unless it was Chip Kelly's Oregon or Peterson's Washington. It's generally assumed they have the talent advantage, even if they're record is garbage.

In this particular case, so do the computers

7.5 point underdogs. USC is 3-2.

It's an argument. But I have a hard time seeing more than one spot going to anything but a P5 conference champion.

This year the barrier to an undefeated UCF getting in is an undefeated ND.

ND will choke. I also think that UCF could beat ND.

No, UCF would not beat this Notre Dame team. Ever since the change at QB, ND is a legitimate Top 5 team. The DL has 4 NFL players on it, including 3 who are great Pass Rushers off the edge

It's an argument. But I have a hard time seeing more than one spot going to anything but a P5 conference champion.

This year the barrier to an undefeated UCF getting in is an undefeated ND.

I hate Auburn for not showing up in that Bowl Game. Now all of College Football has to deal with their obnoxiousness.

Agree about ND being a legit top 5 team. I can't see them losing a game the rest of the year.

They should win out, but Navy, Syracuse, Nwestern, SC could all trip them up. So it is possible they choke, but they’re still better than UCF

One thing that should go away is the preseason poll. There should be no rankings until the initial CFB playoff pill comes out. It's a subjective influence on the process and doesn't really serve any purpose outside of entertainment.

Preseason poll ain't going away. Generates too much hype and anticipation. It's not as big of a deal anymore because the CFP committee has shown they have no problem deviating from the polls.

Preseason poll ain't going away. Generates too much hype and anticipation. It's not as big of a deal anymore because the CFP committee has shown they have no problem deviating from the polls.

I know it will never go away. The media would have nothing to do if it did.

The CFP is certainly better than the BCS, but it's still a subjective assessment of the strength of a team. In the later weeks the poll gets more objective, but there are always week 1 or 2 games that mean more than they should.

IMO, an ideal world would be a playoff picked by a BCS system. Let the computers decide who gets to go. I disliked the BCS but only because it was limited to 2 teams.

No, UCF would not beat this Notre Dame team. Ever since the change at QB, ND is a legitimate Top 5 team. The DL has 4 NFL players on it, including 3 who are great Pass Rushers off the edge

ND pulls out a win against a Pitt team that UCF killed. I know you can't base much on that, but it shows you that UCF could beat ND. Again, based on what UCF has done, beaten all of its Power 5 schools soundly and beaten the only team that beat the NC last year, they should get the bid. I would say right now that the AAC is a better conference than the Pac 10 and the ACC and maybe even the Big 10 West and the SEC East. There isn't one team in these conferences that would walk through the AAC. Including Georgia.

ND pulls out a win against a Pitt team that UCF killed. I know you can't base much on that, but it shows you that UCF could beat ND. Again, based on what UCF has done, beaten all of its Power 5 schools soundly and beaten the only team that beat the NC last year, they should get the bid. I would say right now that the AAC is a better conference than the Pac 10 and the ACC and maybe even the Big 10 West and the SEC East. There isn't one team in these conferences that would walk through the AAC. Including Georgia.

And UCF just barely beat Memphis.

Last edited:

Last season does not matter. By all, you mean who exactly, because I see one P5 team, and it was Pitt.

The AAC isn't even close to being better than any of those conferences. It's ridiculous to say otherwise.