UC Woman’s Soccer Fall Season

Irwin20

Here’s a snapshot of what UC’s plan for the Fall as of Aug 6th. All American Conference games will be played starting Sunday Sept 6th v. Memphis. The remaining 7 (?) games will be played on subsequent Sundays. It is up to each team to fill in the rest of their schedule as they like but they are not allowed an overnight hotel stay they must travel to the site and back the same evening. Supposedly UC is working on filling in some additional games. Big Ten opponents are out. Not sure what MAC, Big 12 (WVU) , Southeast Conference (Tennessee, UK) are doing as well as NKU, Xavier, EKU or other schools you could potentially play and return home.
Obviously this could all change.

MAC moving woman’s soccer to Spring. Getting more difficult to fill out the schedule.

BIG TEN making announcement today...if they suspend all Fall sports, the entire country will follow the same STUPID OVERREACTION. So ridiculous.

With the Big 10 out, there’s increasing speculation that more Power 5 conferences will cancel the Fall as well. I think the PAC12 has a meeting scheduled for later this week, and with schools in Arizona and Southern California (USC is primarily online for the Fall), I wouldn’t be surprised if they cancel. Then you have other multi-state conferences like the BIG East....I would not be surprised if the AAC cancels. Cancelling makes sense IF schools and the broader society can use the time wisely to develop a plan to come back in the Spring. If not, this will be a huge tragedy for all of the impacted student athletes

With the Big 10 out, there’s increasing speculation that more Power 5 conferences will cancel the Fall as well. I think the PAC12 has a meeting scheduled for later this week, and with schools in Arizona and Southern California (USC is primarily online for the Fall), I wouldn’t be surprised if they cancel. Then you have other multi-state conferences like the BIG East....I would not be surprised if the AAC cancels. Cancelling makes sense IF schools and the broader society can use the time wisely to develop a plan to come back in the Spring. If not, this will be a huge tragedy for all of the impacted student athletes
I mentioned this in another thread. Except for UC and Temple the AAC is largely a southern conference..ECU, USF,UCF,Memphis, SMU,Houston, Tulsa. I believe they will follow the ACC, SEC, Big12 lead. As far as I know they are all still playing.

There is no better plan. One cannot isolate student athletes in a bubble. U cannot test them before every contest. If the threat of transmission is still out there in the spring, the schools that canceled in the fall will cancel in the spring. In other words if they fear liability now, they will also fear it in the future.

I mentioned this in another thread. Except for UC and Temple the AAC is largely a southern conference..ECU, USF,UCF,Memphis, SMU,Houston, Tulsa. I believe they will follow the ACC, SEC, Big12 lead. As far as I know they are all still playing.
...and those tend to be the locations which call for a 14 day quarantine upon return, which is not practical for college students.

...and those tend to be the locations which call for a 14 day quar on antine upon return, which is not practical for college students.
Well they are still practicing and looking forward to playing Memphis Sept 6th at home. Supposedly they will know for certain August 21. My neighbors just returned from a week in Fla. they know nothing about a 14 day quarantine, also think the UC staff would be aware of that. You may be misinformed.

Well they are still practicing and looking forward to playing Memphis Sept 6th at home. Supposedly they will know for certain August 21. My neighbors just returned from a week in Fla. they know nothing about a 14 day quarantine, also think the UC staff would be aware of that. You may be misinformed.
part of the Ohio site...

I want for a way to be worked to find a way to play!

I was ready for a great year. My daughter had matchups against UNC and NC State this fall. Hoping that there will be some semblance of soccer in the spring at this point.
I hear you. My daughter is a Senior. I’d blocked off vacation days to travel. As of now we are looking at a 9 game league only season. They are trying to fill it in but there aren’t a lot of opportunities.

part of the Ohio site...

I want for a way to be worked to find a way to play!
The key phrase is "advised to self-quarantine" It is not mandatory in Ohio. New York and other states imposed mandatory self-quarantine laws that included penalties, like fines if it was found out that someone violated the mandatory quarantine order

The key phrase is "advised to self-quarantine" It is not mandatory in Ohio. New York and other states imposed mandatory self-quarantine laws that included penalties, like fines if it was found out that someone violated the mandatory quarantine order
Exactly. I was going to respond to her but didn’t think it was worth it. I know about 5-6 families that have been to FLA in the last month. Nobody is quarantining. Nobody is ill.

My hopes would be different (i.e. I would be wanting them to play) if my daughter was still playing and I feel especially bad for those playing their last season. We have seen what is happening in the college scene when they open back up. And playing mainly teams from the south doesn't help their chances. Hopefully the UC players are taking classes remotely and staying away from large gatherings to increase their chances of not getting COVID. It only takes one on the team and then it gets dicey. Best of luck and I understand the frustration with the situation.

Last edited:
UC women will play in the Spring it was decided today. I’m not opposed to this I just don’t know that the things these universities are concerned about is going to be any better in March. I like the chance to play a full 18 game schedule but if the conferences fold again the Seniors will never have a season. And that would be a shame. Fingers crossed.

UC women will play in the Spring it was decided today. I’m not opposed to this I just don’t know that the things these universities are concerned about is going to be any better in March. I like the chance to play a full 18 game schedule but if the conferences fold again the Seniors will never have a season. And that would be a shame. Fingers crossed.
Not to be too cynical, but we will have had a major national event in early November that will hopefully be resolved by the spring. If you listen to the Governor's and other's press conferences, we will have a vaccine by the spring, will have more information by the spring and most importantly, things that we thought were important these past 5 months will no longer seem to be as important. Good luck to the ladies.. They have earned the opportunity to have a another season. I hope they get it.

Last edited:
I have not seen anything about UC playing in the spring. I am a college referee and am scheduled to be there on Sept. 20. I haven't been notified of any cancellations yet. Where did you hear that UC was moving to play in the spring?

I have not seen anything about UC playing in the spring. I am a college referee and am scheduled to be there on Sept. 20. I haven't been notified of any cancellations yet. Where did you hear that UC was moving to play in the spring?
My daughter who is on the team. They had a meeting last Friday.
I haven’t seen anything anywhere either not sure why. Nothing on the AAC site last I looked.

My daughter who is on the team. They had a meeting last Friday.
I haven’t seen anything anywhere either not sure why. Nothing on the AAC site last I looked.
The AAC has now made the official announcement and I received notification from my assignor of the cancellation. The only college conference I am aware of in our area that is planning on playing anything this fall is the NAIA River States Conference. I have 4 games in that conference still on my schedule. Other than that it's high school games only this fall. It's going to be a really busy spring with college and club seasons going on at the same time.

The AAC has now made the official announcement and I received notification from my assignor of the cancellation. The only college conference I am aware of in our area that is planning on playing anything this fall is the NAIA River States Conference. I have 4 games in that conference still on my schedule. Other than that it's high school games only this fall. It's going to be a really busy spring with college and club seasons going on at the same time.
Best of luck to you. I just saw the official announcement myself.

Spring schedule for UC Women finally out. First match @ Miami Jan 30, then Ohio @ home and the AAC schedule with a game v. Tennessee @Home in the middle. That’s 11 matches. There are lots of wholes in the middle so maybe games are added I don’t know. Team has been basically in quarantine since Jan 4th. They had several inter squad matches under game conditions in late November. Looking forward to my daughters Senior season finally.

Spring schedule for UC Women finally out. First match @ Miami Jan 30, then Ohio @ home and the AAC schedule with a game v. Tennessee @Home in the middle. That’s 11 matches. There are lots of wholes in the middle so maybe games are added I don’t know. Team has been basically in quarantine since Jan 4th. They had several inter squad matches under game conditions in late November. Looking forward to my daughters Senior season finally.

Congrats and good for her. I heard Coach Dobyns left UC and Joined Fannon at Iowa State. Also noticed the UC roster is down a lot bit from last year maybe 7 or 9 girls down, missing quite a few including some Juniors. Looks like the smallest roster under this head coach that I can remember.

Uc loses, 2 assistants in 2 days.. What is happening there?
Yeah Gavin went to OSU team was told yesterday. Dolbyn left some time ago. Girls were disappointed about Gavin. I don’t know if it was the number one factor but pretty sure OSU is a pay raise and I believe he has a second child on the way.

Congrats and good for her. I heard Coach Dobyns left UC and Joined Fannon at Iowa State. Also noticed the UC roster is down a lot bit from last year maybe 7 or 9 girls down, missing quite a few including some Juniors. Looks like the smallest roster under this head coach that I can remember.
I don’t know the numbers I’ll have to look at that. They lost a few Seniors who weren’t seeing much action and one girl who played a fair amount but has been dealing with health issues. One of the Chinese players wasn’t allowed to return from China (Covid r elated I assume)Also I was told 2 walk on’s one supposedly from Purdue but I don’t know the details. When they scrimmaged in November I think there were only 2 players on the sideline so that’s 24 at that time.

I don’t know the numbers I’ll have to look at that. They lost a few Seniors who weren’t seeing much action and one girl who played a fair amount but has been dealing with health issues. One of the Chinese players wasn’t allowed to return from China (Covid r elated I assume)Also I was told 2 walk on’s one supposedly from Purdue but I don’t know the details. When they scrimmaged in November I think there were only 2 players on the sideline so that’s 24 at that time.

The two I for sure saw that were not on the roster were our teammates at the DA both would be juniors this year. Hoping a smaller roster will bring some additional talent to the school. I believe your daughter and RG are the last two remaining from the 2017 class and If memory serves there were 9 signees in Sophie's class.

The two I for sure saw that were not on the roster were our teammates at the DA both would be juniors this year. Hoping a smaller roster will bring some additional talent to the school. I believe your daughter and RG are the last two remaining from the 2017 class and If memory serves there were 9 signees in Sophie's class.
There’s 3 left KR from Westerville who I really like as a player, missed a season with a knee.

Tough to track this:

• You claim to have played for CUP, yet you bash everything they do, and love to slam their leadership
  • You apparently continued to play there from your posts
  • You claimed to then have played for the DA? But speak about how great HS soccer is? And how awful the DA was, in fact celebrating every time a club left it to go to the ECNL.

Seems to be a lot of mixed messages. Your contention for CUP & DA and anything they do which causes you to spew vitriol about people who seem to have helped your family?

Fascinating

Deeply in your psyche I see. I'm sorry for that.

Your missing context.
Multiple kids. Mine, my Wifes and ours together...
DA was both new and short lived, and a failed experiment at the kids expense. H.S. soccer existed, prior, during and subsequently.
Did any of the older DA kids ever play H.S. even at the start of the DA? Come on man....
I was (still am??) a fan of BP and TR, also JP. Interesting all 3 are gone from there now. Heck even DR and ML are gone.
Many great people there. Many more terrible ones.
It was a toxic experience overall but a means to an end.
I have multiple patients who's kids/grandkids play/played/will play at clubs and schools city wide.
One of my closer fiends is a current coach at the evil empire.
Youngest plays club, Lower level and unable to make varsity. I'm 100% ok with both.

Wanna know my sign or if I like long walks on the beach? Am I a Dog or Cat person? 3 or 5 series?

Leo, No, Dog, 3 series....

Can we get back to UC Soccer now?