UC has made offers to good prospects

UCBearcat4ever

Brain Lainhart - 6-1, 185 pound Defensive back from Colerain High School. He's talked to Western Michigan, Kent State, UC, and Akron the most. He went to the UC-Louisville game, and enjoyed it.

Best top prospect QB in Ohio Nate Davis
many consider the best QB prospect in the Midwest. 3 star prospect. 6-3, and weighs 228. Is from Bellaire, OH and set all sorts of records in high school. He's supposed to have an extremely strong arm. Cincinnati has offered him. He also has offers from Indiana, Toledo, Ball St, and Bowling Green. Illinois has shown lots of interest in him in the past. He compared him to Chris Leak of Florida.

UC is also considering LaMarr Mapp. 6'2, 242 strongside DE/offensive guard from Springfield South HS. Rated 2 stars by Rivals. ranked one of the top 50 players in Ohio. He will be at the UC/WVU game Tomorrow

UC also offered Jeff Cleveland from from Dayton Wayne.

*MISTAKE CORECTTED IT WAS JEFF CLEVELAND (Not Marcus Freeman) WHO UC OFFERED, SORRY ABOUT ANY CONFUSION THIS MAY HAVE CAUSED*

Last edited:

Jeff Cleveland is a very good player, he is way underated. He has good size and very good speed. He impressed the heck out of me this year when I saw him play. He looks like a legit 6'2 215 lbs already also...

I can't believe he's 215. Cleveland looks like he could add a lot more weight. Very athletic. Terrific player with a lot of potential. Reminds me of a young Terna Nande.

NickSkin said:
I can't believe he's 215. Cleveland looks like he could add a lot more weight. Very athletic. Terrific player with a lot of potential. Reminds me of a young Terna Nande.

He weighed in at 212 lbs and ran a 4.54 electronically timed 40 at the Akron Nike Combine this past summer...

bballplaya said:
what are uc's chances of actually landing some of these players?

I dont know much about any of the players but I wouldnt be suprised if UC gets a lot of the top prospects in Ohio now that they are in the Big East.

Dantonio has done a nice job at recruiting so far for UC with last year being one of their top classes of all time in my opinion. Forget about this year, the seniors and juniors are all Minter's players. UC will be better in years to come under Dantonio.

they should not have trouble landing 3 star ohio recruits. uc offers more potiential than say indiana or illinois who they will be competeting with for these type of prospects.

BRICKtamland said:
If you were smart you would go to Ohio University over UC.

I think Ohio is really doing a great job with there football program but I would pick playing in the Big East over the MAC.