UC coaching search

UC lands commitment from 2019 3-star PG Mika Adams-Woods. Was originally committed to Nebraska but backed out when Tim Miles was canned. It came down to UC and Minnesota. Good pickup especially this late in the game.

UC lands commitment from 2019 3-star PG Mika Adams-Woods. Was originally committed to Nebraska but backed out when Tim Miles was canned. It came down to UC and Minnesota. Good pickup especially this late in the game.

Especially in a position of need. UC needs ball handlers. I would have preferred a true PG but I'll take a combo guard.

Agreed Taco, Jarron can't be the only ball handler on the court.

Another dancing Bearcat from Brannen on twitter last night, meaning another commitment. Fingers crossed for Jaevin. Either way it's been a fantastic week for him and UC basketball.

Looks like it's PG grad transfer Chris McNeal. Presumably our starting PG next season.

https://247sports.com/college/cinci...Chris-McNeal-Decides-On-Cincinnati-132466247/

McNeal has been a bit of a basketball nomad over the past four years, with stops at Western Kentucky, New Mexico and Tennessee Tech as well as a year on the junior college level. His journey has been well traveled, but his experience should mean a lot on a team that was devoid of a lead guard at the start of the week.

McNeal last saw action for New Mexico in the 2017-18 season and averaged 9.5 points and 2.7 assists in 24 minutes a game.

UC picks up 7'0 grad transfer Jaume Sorolla from Valparaiso. Fills a backup need down low to eat up some minutes.

Yet another dancing Bearcat from Brannen on twitter. This one HAS to be Jaevin. What an insane week for Brannen and UC.

Jaevin Cumberland it is. What Brannen has done in such a short time is amazing. Just last month I lowered my expectations to a probable NIT birth, and now I think they'll compete for the AAC once again and will be a definite NCAA Tourney team.

Jon Rothstein said to expect Brennan to play his 5 best in lieu of a traditional line up. We should see a lot of Cumberland, Cumberland, Williams, Scott, Diarra line ups.

Brannen lands 2019 247Composite top 50 recruit Zach Harvey, SG out of Kansas. I believe they were at the scholarship limit so I was thinking Trevor Moore would transfer. However it appears Laquill Hardnett entered his name into the transfer portal last week so it appears he is out. Not disappointed, did not understand Hardnett nor Gilliam's scholarship offers last year. Hopefully those types of offers are done now that Mick is gone.

Brannen lands 2019 247Composite top 50 recruit Zach Harvey, SG out of Kansas. I believe they were at the scholarship limit so I was thinking Trevor Moore would transfer. However it appears Laquill Hardnett entered his name into the transfer portal last week so it appears he is out. Not disappointed, did not understand Hardnett nor Gilliam's scholarship offers last year. Hopefully those types of offers are done now that Mick is gone.

Exactly, I swear MC would make bogus offers to just fill classes out. Not to mention he rarely went after local talent or anyone rated above a 3*. Two things JB has already proven he will do.

Exactly, I swear MC would make bogus offers to just fill classes out. Not to mention he rarely went after local talent or anyone rated above a 3*. Two things JB has already proven he will do.

This is so true. It's amazing the difference between these two guys when it comes to recruiting. Brannen has had more talent on campus for visits in the last 2 months than Cronin was able to get on campus over the last 3 or so years.

Safe to say that Bohn's last two hires could not have gone much better so far. Completely different energy in both programs compared to 18 months ago.

Bohn has made 4 tremendous hires thus far. MBB, FB, WBB, and Baseball.

Brannen is just killing it at the moment.

It’s pretty easy to dump on Cronin now, but he obviously enjoyed a successful stint at UC.

I was always an MC fan and backer, even had season tickets. It was also time for him to go after the Nevada flame out. What he did at UC in the BE was nothing short of a miracle. In the later years he just recruited a specific type of player who he could try and get to play D. He rarely even looked at local players which was frustrating as well. I don't think he has a chance at UCLA with his style of play.