UC coaching search

Now let's see what the recruiting class looks likes. I wonder how many commits will change their mind or if Brannen even wants them at UC. Do you think any NKU recruits/players will follow him to UC or if they have game enough for this level?

Don't forget Eric Hicks' comment: "Go UK or X". Martin's comments are especially hilarious considering he pretty much ghosted the program for a decade. And where's White been for the last 13 years? Couldn't care less about their whining and what they want for the program. There's been a clear difference in reactions between former Huggins players and former Cronin players.

That really sucks. I wonder if he's on track to graduate, wouldn't make sense for a senior (eligibility-wise) to transfer if not.

Last edited:
Reading that Brooks is transferring. Big loss if true.

Saw on twitter his Guardian mentioned that Brannen hadn't reached out to him or the family. That they went to play for Coach Cronin and Coach Savino not this new coach. Good attitude to have - pick up your ball and go home, make sure to let the door hit you in the on the way out.

Saw on twitter his Guardian mentioned that Brannen hadn't reached out to him or the family. That they went to play for Coach Cronin and Coach Savino not this new coach. Good attitude to have - pick up your ball and go home, make sure to let the door hit you in the on the way out.

Don't really get how these guys jump from school to school. No concern about their teammates or school. This happens almost everwhere.

I see no fault in wanting to leave bc of a coaching change. I can understand if he wanted to follow Cronin to UCLA or wherever Savino ends up. The irony is he likely won't play for one of them.

I understand emotions run high after situations like this and it may be getting the best of him. Athletes feel slighted for the littlest things, why feel no slight towards Cronin? He was the one who left. Should Brannen have reached out, probably so.

but I can empathize with anger being directed at the wrong person/place. Part of growing up and maturing..

There's been a lot of idiot knee jerk reactions IMO regarding this hire by former players and it's a bad look. NVE isn't entitled to an interview based on being a former great, nor does there need to be a thorough process unnecessarily going through a horde of candidates when the perfect candidate is in your backyard.

When Brannen took the NKU job, it was a program that had very recently gone d1 and was a few years removed from being on par with programs like Findlay and Bellarmine. It's very impressive how quickly he took them to consistently being at the top of a low-major league. I have little doubt that he'll prove to be an excellent hire for UC.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

UC was in a tough spot with Cronin as the coach. He was pretty successful in his tenure but did not make the second weekend consistently enough for most of the fans I know. UC could not afford to fire him and pay his salary and a new coach's salary at the same time.

The athletic department is not exactly flush and UC's football program does not have big time money to throw around to the other sports. Cronin's departure seemed like a mutual parting of the ways. UC wanted him gone but really could not pull the trigger and Cronin wanted to leave because he was feeling under appreciated for a job well done.

Brannen is a decent hire. He should stay for 7-10 years at least. Depending on LOI back outs, transfers and players leaving early to play pro ball, it should be a pretty smooth transition.

Can Brannen keep the program as a roughly top 25 team that finishes in the top 3 of their league and makes the NCAA consistently losing in the first week more often than not? Sure. Is that enough for most UC fans?

UC's league has not hurt the basketball team much but it certainly is not a selling point to recruits. Can Brannen bring in talented enough guys to play his style while winning on a bigger stage than the Horizon League? I guess we will see.

Samari Curtis re-opening his recruitment. Tough loss but as long as Cumberland stays I think they will be ok next year. If not we could be in for a rough year.

I look for Curtis to sign with VT. I love that JB is already on Paul McMillan IV and has offered Matthew Cross a 6'7 wing who can actually shoot the 3 and is versatile.

My connect on Seymour & Fairpark told me Brannen is deadset on turning Clifton into NKUC with nothing but farm town and mcmansion subdivision recruits. Hope the fans don't get their hopes up for any blue chippers in the 2020 class.

My connect on Seymour & Fairpark told me Brannen is deadset on turning Clifton into NKUC with nothing but farm town and mcmansion subdivision recruits. Hope the fans don't get their hopes up for any blue chippers in the 2020 class.

You usually have no idea what you are talking about, so that’s a good sign.

Maybe they’ll advance beyond the first round

Brooks is heading to Miami. Logan Johnson entered the transfer portal today. I can't see Cumberland wanting to come back to a depleted roster. Next year could be a little rough, 18-20 wins as of now with a possible NIT bid would be my guess. 2019 recruiting class is shot. 2020 may be one of the most important UC recruiting classes in recent memory. Still may be able to pick up a couple of solid transfers for next season.

Nsoeme is reportedly transferring, and Samari Curtis committed to Nebraska. I expected a few guys to transfer out but this is insane. Still quite happy to have Brannen regardless

7' center from NKU Chris Vogt is transferring from NKU to UC. I don't know anything about him but he'll be the first white guy to play decent minutes for UC in probably ten plus years :laugh: