UC Bearcats

Agreed, going from Satterfield to Brohm is a massive win for Louisville.

Cunningham looks like a schmuck.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

Agreed, going from Satterfield to Brohm is a massive win for Louisville.

Cunningham looks like a schmuck.

It kinda reminds me of when Kansas fired Les Miles in the spring and ended up with Lance Leipold.

It does look more and more likely that Cunningham had zero idea what he was doing. I wouldn’t be shocked if it came out that he was blindsided by Fickell leaving, Cunningham panicked and Satterfield reached out to UC. The fact Brohm is making about 2x what Satterfield was making, that UC allegedly was able to make a competitive salary offer to Fickell, that Satterfield only got a small bump in salary but UC committed a significant increase in assistant salary pool all lines up with my hunch.

Seems strange to have Cincinnati playing Louisville in Boston. Wish the keg of nails would be played every year. An idea out of conference game.

Being that it is Cincinnati playing, this was one of the few bowl games I was interested in watching. Not too thrilled so far.☹️

Being that it is Cincinnati playing, this was one of the few bowl games I was interested in watching. Not too thrilled so far.☹️
Just turned it on at halftime. Pretty lackluster effort by UC. I don’t think Prater is the answer going forward, not just because of today but he hasn’t shown much in the past two years when he’s had the opportunity.

Just turned it on at halftime. Pretty lackluster effort by UC. I don’t think Prater is the answer going forward, not just because of today but he hasn’t shown much in the past two years when he’s had the opportunity.
Defense has been sleep walking through this one. Crazy having both teams with acting coaches and the Louisville to Cincinnati coach watching this game and being interviewed.

Offense is without basically all the skill players (Tucker, Scott, Whyle, Leonard) but OL is there and getting abused by the Louisville front 6/7. Need to upgrade the OL and QB before hitting the Big 12 next season or it'll be ugly.

Defense with many starters still playing, getting gashed by the Louisville running attack. They've run for 4-5 1st downs on 3rd and 7 or longer, including the long TD on 3rd and 14. Lackluster tackling, especially 1v1.

Bright spots:
The kick returner, Donnell (sp?) has been exciting every time he touches the ball.
Ethan Wright has run the ball really well, he seemed to have been forgotten with Kiner coming in and McClelland back.
Wyatt Fisher with a couple nice catches, really the only receiving threat because the QBs haven't had any time.

The New Big 12 conference office gave UC a massive gift with this inaugural schedule. UC gets to duck perhaps the three best teams in the league (TCU, K-State and Texas), as well as Texas Tech.

Honestly, the home slate is kind of underwhelming to me. It’s cool to see Oklahoma and Baylor come to town, but the rest of the home slate doesn’t really move the needle for me.

The New Big 12 conference office gave UC a massive gift with this inaugural schedule. UC gets to duck perhaps the three best teams in the league (TCU, K-State and Texas), as well as Texas Tech.
I noticed that too, 4 of the top 5 teams from last season aren't on the UC schedule. Not sure if that was done by design or they were just that lazy in creating the schedule. The past few seasons they have had different teams play in the Big 12 Title Game, so odds are there will be some shakeup at the top next year.

Honestly, the home slate is kind of underwhelming to me. It’s cool to see Oklahoma and Baylor come to town, but the rest of the home slate doesn’t really move the needle for me.
You're not wrong here. The games at Pitt and at West Virginia are both more attractive as a fan than the home slate outside of Oklahoma and probably Baylor.

I noticed that too, 4 of the top 5 teams from last season aren't on the UC schedule. Not sure if that was done by design or they were just that lazy in creating the schedule. The past few seasons they have had different teams play in the Big 12 Title Game, so odds are there will be some shakeup at the top next year.

You're not wrong here. The games at Pitt and at West Virginia are both more attractive as a fan than the home slate outside of Oklahoma and probably Baylor.
Still beats the crap out of a steady diet of ECU, Tulsa, USF, and Temple......Seven home games including Oklahoma, Baylor, and Iowa State. Easy road trips to PITT and WVU. Most UC football fans are celebrating like it's Christmas morning. If you ain't got season tickets, you ain't gettin' in......

Still beats the crap out of a steady diet of ECU, Tulsa, USF, and Temple......Seven home games including Oklahoma, Baylor, and Iowa State. Easy road trips to PITT and WVU. Most UC football fans are celebrating like it's Christmas morning. If you ain't got season tickets, you ain't gettin' in......
That's fair also. And you're also not wrong regarding season tickets, got mine already.

Remember back in 2002, when UC basketball was outfitted by Jordan, the football team was still in the doldrums wearing these: 😂

1684302427875.png

UC’s NIL collective, CincyReigns, partners with Rhinegeist for a new beer, CincyLight. $2 from every case goes to CincyReigns.

Hell yeah, it's official now. Under Armor was garbage.

Personally I'd like to see UC return to red away uniforms, especially in basketball.

The UC student athlete in my family liked the UA apparel, the footwear was total garbage though.

Of note the 2 year deal with BSN Sports is basically what a Div III program would get with some sort of kicker from Nike added on pending TV exposure. My guess is Nike wants to see where things stand before working directly with UC therefore an intermediary service like BSN handles all the leg work outfitting the various teams for a fee. I am fairly certain that an Ohio State or Alabama gets dedicated Nike personnel to fit and coordinate everything from head to toe. Bottom line is that financially hurting UA is basically exiting the college space to save $s which leaves a US struggling Adidas with a mediocre roster of football schools and Nike/Jump Man; that's it. Nike is smartly spinning off Jump Man to keep rivals happy.

The UC student athlete in my family liked the UA apparel, the footwear was total garbage though.

Of note the 2 year deal with BSN Sports is basically what a Div III program would get with some sort of kicker from Nike added on pending TV exposure. My guess is Nike wants to see where things stand before working directly with UC therefore an intermediary service like BSN handles all the leg work outfitting the various teams for a fee. I am fairly certain that an Ohio State or Alabama gets dedicated Nike personnel to fit and coordinate everything from head to toe. Bottom line is that financially hurting UA is basically exiting the college space to save $s which leaves a US struggling Adidas with a mediocre roster of football schools and Nike/Jump Man; that's it. Nike is smartly spinning off Jump Man to keep rivals happy.
My understanding is there wasn’t enough time to get a deal done and uniforms/merch manufactured and distributed quick enough for UC’s first year in the Big 12. I’m sure there’s some truth to that, but it’s from a pro UC “insider” so I’m sure there’s some non truth in there too.

I had a UC athlete as well, agree on the footwear.