UC Bearcats

.....it's a good thing we've got a return trip to Jerryworld and the Cotton Bowl vs. USC on January 2 to look forward to.
Taking pride in a charity case spot like that speaks volumes. UC is nowhere close to a Top 12 team this season, so why the powers that be carved out a spot for an unworthy Group of Five mid-major team is beyond me.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

Taking pride in a charity case spot like that speaks volumes. UC is nowhere close to a Top 12 team this season, so why the powers that be carved out a spot for an unworthy Group of Five mid-major team is beyond me.

Yeah utah and oregon look like absolute world beaters at 11 and 12 LOL

Yawn.....I would venture to say there are many things that are BEYOND YOU. Gotta run, I am sitting at Martino's on Short Vine, and my food just arrived. You ought to pop out of mom's basement once in awhile and actually attend some these events. Might change your perspective.

Yeah utah and oregon look like absolute world beaters at 11 and 12 LOL
You guys just damn near lost to USF at home, who came in 4-22 since 2020 and 1-4 this year. And it was a statistically even game, so not a smoke-and-mirrors score. Like I said, nowhere close to a Top 12 team. Case closed.

My problem is with UC’s crappy conference, not UC itself.

You play who's on your schedule. They play and routinely beat whoever is on the schedule in recent years. Last 3 losses to the SEC, two of those by a single score. But they'll be upgrading their conference next year, so you'll have less to whine about.

Should have won easy; USF is capable of playing decent in a game [at Florida] but is mostly trash.
A win is much better than a loss.

You guys just damn near lost to USF at home, who came in 4-22 since 2020 and 1-4 this year. And it was a statistically even game, so not a smoke-and-mirrors score. Like I said, nowhere close to a Top 12 team. Case closed.

Florida almost lost to USF too and Florida beat Utah lol. New #11 UCLA beat south Alabama by 1 at home. #9 ole miss beat Tulsa by one score. Your belief that UC is “nowhere close” to these teams is based entirely on your personal bias.

Florida almost lost to USF too and Florida beat Utah lol. New #11 UCLA beat south Alabama by 1 at home. #9 ole miss beat Tulsa by one score. Your belief that UC is “nowhere close” to these teams is based entirely on your personal bias.
For those Power 5 schools, these mid-majors are not taken seriously by the players. You know human nature as well as I do. They sleepwalk through the game and it stays closer than it should. Put some Miami uniforms on the USF players and you’d get the Power 5 players excited to play.

Also, UC only beat Tulsa by 10 a week prior, so it’s not like the USF game was a one-off blip.

Caution: Genius at Work

For those Power 5 schools, these mid-majors are not taken seriously by the players. You know human nature as well as I do. They sleepwalk through the game and it stays closer than it should. Put some Miami uniforms on the USF players and you’d get the Power 5 players excited to play.

Also, UC only beat Tulsa by 10 a week prior, so it’s not like the USF game was a one-off blip.

I didn’t realize your argument was that UC players are outside the laws of human nature. Interesting 🤔

I didn’t realize your argument was that UC players are outside the laws of human nature. Interesting 🤔
USF is a conference opponent for UC and part of what they have to beat to win their conference title. Why would UC be taking lightly a team on its level?

USF is a conference opponent for UC and part of what they have to beat to win their conference title. Why would UC be taking lightly a team on its level?

Right nobody ever overlooks a 4 touchdown underdog. Couldnt possibly have been looking ahead to their next two games which will be their toughest conference opponents, both on the road. Nah, that would be human nature which you already established doesnt apply to UC's players.

Right nobody ever overlooks a 4 touchdown underdog. Couldnt possibly have been looking ahead to their next two games which will be their toughest conference opponents, both on the road. Nah, that would be human nature which you already established doesnt apply to UC's players.
Well, either UC just isn’t very good or the coaches did a poor job of preparing and motivating the players. Which is it?

Well, either UC just isn’t very good or the coaches did a poor job of preparing and motivating the players. Which is it?

Its call college football genius. Its the same thing that happened in the other mentioned games. Athletes dont perform at their peak all the time. Sometimes the better team has a down game and sometimes the lesser teams plays better than normal. Thats how upsets happen. Welcome to sports.

Which one of those options was it for ND against Marshall? Teams have bad games and no one expected (at least, they shouldn't have) UC to be what they were the past 2 years.

You only need to look at his CFP Projections to see how little he really knows about football. He has a problem with UC because they beat his beloved Notre Dame Fighting Irish in South Bend en route to the Playoff. He has nothing to defend/explain that loss, so he tries to deflect and tell us how bad the American is. Meanwhile the Irish are going out and losing to Marshall and almost losing to a bad Cal team at home.

Its call college football genius. Its the same thing that happened in the other mentioned games. Athletes dont perform at their peak all the time. Sometimes the better team has a down game and sometimes the lesser teams plays better than normal. Thats how upsets happen. Welcome to sports.
Well, that’s at least three times by my count that UC hasn’t performed up to expectations this season. Which is surprising considering you claimed before the season started that UC has a better roster than last year’s team. And they have the great Luke Fickell coaching the team. Something is amiss.

Which one of those options was it for ND against Marshall? Teams have bad games and no one expected (at least, they shouldn't have) UC to be what they were the past 2 years.
I’m already on the record on this forum saying the team played poorly vs Marshall, especially the O line, and the coaches were playing the wrong QB.

You only need to look at his CFP Projections to see how little he really knows about football. He has a problem with UC because they beat his beloved Notre Dame Fighting Irish in South Bend en route to the Playoff. He has nothing to defend/explain that loss, so he tries to deflect and tell us how bad the American is. Meanwhile the Irish are going out and losing to Marshall and almost losing to a bad Cal team at home.
I don’t have a problem with UC for beating Notre Dame. I had a problem with UC being handed a playoff spot after playing one good team and 12 tomato cans. The American is horrible, even @JUSTGOPLAY said so in my POWER RANKINGS thread. I don’t have any problem with UC this year, other than @Ezzard Charles claiming they have a better roster than the one that just had a bunch of NFL draft picks. But I will defend myself when meanieheads try to cap down on Mr. Champion.

Well, that’s at least three times by my count that UC hasn’t performed up to expectations this season. Which is surprising considering you claimed before the season started that UC has a better roster than last year’s team. And they have the great Luke Fickell coaching the team. Something is amiss.

Every position group is deeper than last years roster. When fickell took over the cupboard was bare so his initial recruiting classes got the benefit of being 3 and 4 year starters. Thats why they graduated such a polished senior class. His recruiting has continued to improve as the years go on and the roster is now finally filled with 100% his guys for the first time and the younger classes are more talented than the older guys. Thats why the overall roster is improved even without the benefit of so many long time starters and leaders. Its not rocket science. Anyone who follows the program has watched it build. More casual fans and fans of other teams only see what they graduated and assume theres a massive talent dropoff. Theres a massive experience and leadership dropoff, and obiviously some starting positions arent as good year to year just like any ofther program. But overall the talent continues to improve and at least on paper that should continue as the recruiting continues on an impressively upward trajectory.
Although i cant explain how that puts these players outside the laws of human nature. Maybe if you ever watched fickells longtime mentor jim tressel, his teams notoriously won closer than expected games. He doesnt go for blowouts, he'd rather play conservative and win a close game. Its the old school bigten style of football.

I’m already on the record on this forum saying the team played poorly vs Marshall, especially the O line, and the coaches were playing the wrong QB.

Those would be fine excuses to use against Ohio State, not against a team who’s 5 year average recruiting ranking is about 75 spots below ND.

What is with all the penalties this year?
A win is always better than a loss; but they let SMU back in the game with all the stupid penalties. 14 accepted for 127 yds, another 2 declined.

What is with all the penalties this year?
A win is always better than a loss; but they let SMU back in the game with all the stupid penalties. 14 accepted for 127 yds, another 2 declined.
Some really stupid sh$$. Especially liked SMUs last TD drive. 3 Cats push the receive 5 yards out of bounds while another rips the guys helmet off. Just ridiculous.

This weekend's matchup with UCF lost some luster with the Knights taking a beatdown from the Pirates at ECU, but this may be the toughest game for the Bearcats the rest of the way - I'm not sure how good Tulane is, but that could end up being a big challenge albeit at home, same goes for ECU.

If UC can win down in Orlando, they're in the driver seat for a spot in the Conference Championship Game, as they'd likely need to lose two of their final four to be knocked out of that game. Win out and they'll host for the 3rd consecutive season.