UC Bearcats

'
Hartline never made it past the zoom call. Looks like UC is down to Tennessee OC Alex Golesh, and Geno Guidugli UC's current OC, and Iowa States Matt Campbell for in person interviews. I was actually hoping for Coach Prime. In this brave new NIL College football world dudes matter more than schemes or cultures, and Coach Prime can get the dudes.

Sounds like Sean Lewis of Kent State is the front runner. Barf, if true.

What????

1670005098336.png

UC vs Louisville at the prestigious Wasabi Bowl at Fenway.

Sources confirmed to The Enquirer on Friday that the Bearcats (9-3) and Cardinals (7-5) will square off Dec. 17 in the Wasabi Fenway Bowl at Fenway Park in Boston.

The game, which is scheduled to kick off at 11 a.m. on ESPN, will mark the 54th meeting between the two programs. Cincinnati leads the all-time series 30–22–1.

Per the twitterverse Tennessee OC Alex Golesh had his in person interview today and will be offered the job as early as tomorrow morning. He's an Ohio guy, and knows Ohio High School football which I believe was key in addition to being an offensive guru heading into the Big12. His Wikipedia page may have been hacked, but it already lists him as Head Coach University of Cincinnati.

Per the twitterverse Tennessee OC Alex Golesh had his in person interview today and will be offered the job as early as tomorrow morning. He's an Ohio guy, and knows Ohio High School football which I believe was key in addition to being an offensive guru heading into the Big12. His Wikipedia page may have been hacked, but it already lists him as Head Coach University of Cincinnati.
Looks like Alex is out now…Gino now per Twitterverse.

UC vs Louisville at the prestigious Wasabi Bowl at Fenway.

Sources confirmed to The Enquirer on Friday that the Bearcats (9-3) and Cardinals (7-5) will square off Dec. 17 in the Wasabi Fenway Bowl at Fenway Park in Boston.

The game, which is scheduled to kick off at 11 a.m. on ESPN, will mark the 54th meeting between the two programs. Cincinnati leads the all-time series 30–22–1.

OH NO! we suck again

Boston in December(n)

CBS reporting that Golesh is taking the USF job. Also reports that Deion is taking the Colorado job. So down to Gino, Coombs and Lewis I guess. Pretty underwhelming all-around honestly. For continuity sake, take Gino and retain Coombs. Hopefully that keeps most of the guys on the fence about leaving, from actually doing so.

Kind of weird. UC is a great stepping stone position, in so many ways. Should be an easy sell.
Ordinarily yes, but maybe not so much right now since they’re about to take a step up in competition. The coach who makes that transition could have a tough time looking good.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

I saw an article somewhere that said Prime Time wasn’t interested because he wants Full Control of Coaching Staff. The article said there was a couple Coaches that UC wanted to keep. Seems to me the UC AD wants to pick a Head Coach who will keep people on Staff whom the AD says need to stay. I don’t really know of any D1 Coaches that don’t want to choose their own Staff!

Well, at this rate, we may soon get another classic moment like when Tommy yelled back to the UC fan, “Go to he££. Get a job”. 😃

Missed that, what did he say?
General gist of it was facilities and cooperation with the AD aren’t adequate at UC, despite everything UC has invested i.e. the practice facility, weight room, etc. Also, unless I missed it he hasn’t sent out a thank you note to UC which is pretty common if leaving on good terms.

That’s a pretty terrible hire.
12 hours ago the rumors were that we were looking at some dude from Buffalo and some dude from Kent State......UC fans are 50-50 on Satterfield, but apparently the guy can recruit and knows how to work the NIL. Top 20 recruiting classes the last couple of years at UofL. When they passed on Coach Prime, my biggest concern was UC would get a system guy that had zero recruiting chops. Coaches seem to be a lot smarter when they are coaching up dudes with talent. You gotta' get the dudes! I'll take it......

Scott Satterfield. Underwhelming hire.
Underwhelming, but I'll take it over Lewis or Mo from the MAC. This search was a chit show. JC must have thought he would have a list of solid suitors and his choice, but guys kept passing on the job. Hadn't heard Satterfield's name at all, so must have been a last ditch effort before settling on the Mac guys.

Certainly makes the bowl game a little more interesting. Though I've already heard that Scott, Tucker and Whyle won't be participating.

12 hours ago the rumors were that we were looking at some dude from Buffalo and some dude from Kent State......UC fans are 50-50 on Satterfield, but apparently the guy can recruit and knows how to work the NIL. Top 20 recruiting classes the last couple of years at UofL. When they passed on Coach Prime, my biggest concern was UC would get a system guy that had zero recruiting chops. Coaches seem to be a lot smarter when they are coaching up dudes with talent. You gotta' get the dudes! I'll take it......
Lotta that money for NIL from Adidas and KFC/YUM at Louisville. I know UC did get their NIL program set up this fall and Travis Kelce is helping out with a program specific for student athletes, so we'll see what he can do. Wonder how many guys he can get to stick around from this year's team.