UC Bearcats

One ep says winning is the only thing that matters, another ep says winning is more important. Don't know which ep to believe.

Some recruiting types think UC has a chance at a top 30 type class for 2020 if things break well over the next couple months. Keep an eye on Ohio Athlete Marquael Parks, a lot of national guys love his game and the 5'6" size is the only thing keeping him from big time offers.

So what did you think about the fake punt up big? I was really not paying close attention at that point so I don’t know the yardage situation but of course they ESPN guys were making it a big deal for the remainder of the game and it looked like Fickell and the ECU coach we’re having a discussion post game. UC looking for style points for the polls or did they just see an opportunityand thought it would be foolish not to take it? The TD run for the 4th string Sr. Back on Senior night was cool.

Last edited:
So what did you think about the fake punt up big? I was really not paying close attention at that point so I don’t know the yardage situation but of course they ESPN guys were making it a big deal for the remainder of the game and it looked like Fickell and the ECU coach we’re having a discussion post game. UC looking for style points for the polls or did they just see s Moët hinge and thought it would be foolish not to take it? The TD run for the 4th string Sr. Back on Senior night was cool.

I read that the guy who ran it, a LB, always has the option to call the fake on the field based on how the other team lines up. ECU loaded the one side to block and he made the decision to call the fake. Either way, it’sECUs job to stop UC, not UCs. It’s college football, not peewee.

I read that the guy who ran it, a LB, always has the option to call the fake on the field based on how the other team lines up. ECU loaded the one side to block and he made the decision to call the fake. Either way, it’sECUs job to stop UC, not UCs. It’s college football, not peewee.
Right. I was talking to my son about it. We came to the same conclusion. The UC player likely made the call based on what the special teams were told to do in that situation.

With Tulsa knocking off SMU, if the Cats can get by UCF it looks like back to back weeks against Tulsa with the AAC championship at Nippert.

So what did you think about the fake punt up big? I was really not paying close attention at that point so I don’t know the yardage situation but of course they ESPN guys were making it a big deal for the remainder of the game and it looked like Fickell and the ECU coach we’re having a discussion post game. UC looking for style points for the polls or did they just see s Moët hinge and thought it would be foolish not to take it? The TD run for the 4th string Sr. Back on Senior night was cool.
I thought it was awesome! Would love to have a transcript of the coaches conversation after the game

Pretty sure the kid was a Senior as well. Read an article where it wasn't called and pretty much surprised everyone. Who cares. I'm sure ECU will show it to their players before future games. Maybe they'll get revenge, maybe not

Hearing some chatter that Fickell may be a NFL coaching candidate. Not sure if that is something he may want but South Carolina just opened up and while not in his wheel house recruiting wise it is a program that spends $s on football and he could get a serious upgrade in pay if he wants to jump into the SEC.

Hearing some chatter that Fickell may be a NFL coaching candidate. Not sure if that is something he may want but South Carolina just opened up and while not in his wheel house recruiting wise it is a program that spends $s on football and he could get a serious upgrade in pay if he wants to jump into the SEC.
I’d hold out for some place he can compete and win at. South Carolina is a coach killer job, imo. Kelly got Notre Dame and that one idiot got Tennessee.

Last edited:
I don’t really care either way, it’s ECU, but you’d think given the score and time remaining, the ST coaching staff would have just instructed the player to just punt away if they didn’t want him to have the option to run it.

I’d hold out for some place he can compete and win at. South Carolina is a coach killer job, imo. Kelly got Notre Dame and that one idiot got Tennessee.

I agree on South Carolina and really could see him following the Mike Vrabel footsteps to the NFL.