UC Bearcats

Interesting, maybe means something, maybe not; but Corey Kiner is tweeting images of himself in a Bearcat uniform.

Only if he has academic issues that keep him out of a Power 5 school, I would think. He has a lot of good schools after him. As good as UC is right now, Kiner can do better. If we wants to be a hometown hero, though, that would be a great thing for UC.

The RB position is evolving in NCAA football and you are going to see more sharing of touches at the higher levels to cut down on wear and tear or as the NFL guys call it, mileage. It use to be that the kid wanted to be the "man" and get tons of carries but now the draft is showing that is not a good thing for RBs. Look at Jonathan Taylor, he has everything you would want in a NFL RB but his mileage is high and that is what is moving him down the boards behind Swift and Dobbins. Heck tOSU got the #2 & 6 RBs to commit in the same class and both are cool with it. I have a feeling that in many of Kiner's best offers he would probably be RB2 and have to accept that as part of his commitment. Would he want to go to UM and share touches with Donavan Edwards? Maybe he wants to be the "man" and if that is the case UC is probably the best place for him and he gets to play at home?

If you scroll his Twitter he also has a Bitmoji in an LSU, Michigan, Florida and Louisville uniform. And the kids have these pictures in uniform from every visit they go on now. Means nothing probably.

That being said, with the 2 recent commits, I think its safe to say OSU is now out of the running. Leaving Georgia, FLorida, LSU, Michigan, A&M, and Penn State as places where he would share the carries and UC, Louisville, and Purdue as the places he would be the star back. UC is still a longshot but there chances are better than last week when OSU had two fewer RB commits.

Only if he has academic issues that keep him out of a Power 5 school, I would think. He has a lot of good schools after him. As good as UC is right now, Kiner can do better. If we wants to be a hometown hero, though, that would be a great thing for UC.
Seems like he might have a good relationship with Evan Prater, could that help?

When the playoff gets expanded and the non-p5 gain a spot or two, being at a highly successful non-p5 program like UC will be a powerful recruiting tool. At least that’s what I keep telling myself.

When the playoffs expand it will be interesting to see what they do with non Power 5 schools. My guess is they create a new Division and have them playoff so as to not split the pie up any more than they need. As a UC fan this is not very fair but on the flip side I see nowhere near the fan support that helps chip in the $s to deserve a full share pay out.

As far as recruiting goes for certain prospects winning doesn't stink but it is not at the top of the list of important factors when choosing a school. For any kid in the top 100 it seems to be now mostly about a schools producing NFL players and in particular position coaches and their track record in developing players for the League, that is why you get kids decommitting when a position coach leaves for a new job even more so than a head coach. For the 3 *** athlete another key these days are mentorship programs and their ability to prepare students for real life. So many of these kids coming in have no simple life skills and those programs with resources have started to offer basically life coaches in place of absent parents to help them navigate the real world and help them prepare to get a gig when their football days are over.

I often wondered why Kiner went to Bacon in the first place. Was it because he or someone in his circle wanted him to put up big numbers in a small pond? Is his father, uncle etc affiliated with RB somehow? My son played for a GCL Coed school at least in the 6 years we had kids there Bacon was a guaranteed win. When I heard Kiner was going there I thought he would be at Moeller, X etc by his sophomore year. If the Kiners philosophy is they want the kid to be “the guy” then maybe that opens a door for UC.

Iesa Jarmon[second highest 2021 recruit behind Collinsworth-- his mom teaches at UC] 21 offers -Power conferences , Iowa St, Indiana, KY, Louisville, Pitt, Northwestern, Purdue, Vandy, West Va, Wisconsin
Leroy Bowers 10 offers- Power conferences, Ky, Maryland, Pitt,

UC gets Notre Dame grad transfer 5'11" 190lb WR Michael Young who has 2 years of eligibility left and can play immediately.
In 2019, was a starter in ND's preseason, suffered a collarbone injury and played sparingly after that. Irish assistant coach Mike Denbrock recruited him at ND, Denbrock is now the offensive coordinator at UC

UC gets Notre Dame grad transfer 5'11" 190lb WR Michael Young who has 2 years of eligibility left and can play immediately.
In 2019, was a starter in ND's preseason, suffered a collarbone injury and played sparingly after that. Irish assistant coach Mike Denbrock recruited him at ND, Denbrock is now the offensive coordinator at UC
My daughter searched on line for info about Young yesterday. She found his interview when he committed ted to ND. He came across as an intelligent, well spoken young man. I wish him the best.

Walnut Hills G 6'4" 280lb Mao Glynn commits to UC. His final 4 was UC, Pitt, Louisville and Rutgers, other power schools that offered WVA and North Car St Iowa St and Virginia

When did Walnut start getting monster linemen? When I worked out with the team for one summer in 2004 there were probably 2 kids in the entire program over 200 lbs.

Anyways, great for UC to lock down all of these highly-touted local prospects. Only a matter of time before this program becomes the outright class of the AAC.

When did Walnut start getting monster linemen? When I worked out with the team for one summer in 2004 there were probably 2 kids in the entire program over 200 lbs.

Anyways, great for UC to lock down all of these highly-touted local prospects. Only a matter of time before this program becomes the outright class of the AAC.

There are 2 other players on WH off line, junior 6'4" 255lb Hank Perry [2 MAC offers]and senior 6'3" 270lb Eric Meeks [Marshall &Cent Mich] getting D1 offers

Last edited: