UC Bearcats

Big win for UC for 2020 and hopefully beyond. Never know though so I am going to take it a year at a time. MSU is a mess and with all their issues, will possibly have some punishments coming their way. Fickell is building something special at UC and I think he sees that he can have a top 15 team next season with a legit shot at an NY6 game (and make himself some more money if someone else comes calling). UC needs to pony up and give him much deserved raise to see if we can get a few more years out of him. The talent he has coming in next year is exciting. Good day to be a UC football fan, and much needed after the basketball team crapped themselves yesterday....

I wonder if this says more about Michigan State or UC?

It's nice that UC kept a rising star coach and the Group of 5 has a new developing flagship program to go with Boise State and UCF. But just a short 5 years ago MSU was a contender for the B1G title and their in state rival was a mess, now they are the mess to the point that their all time winning coach bails after taking a big bonus and not many folks want to even interview for the position. There must be some NCAA sanctions coming down the road that is scaring off any decent potential candidate. Little brother is probably heading back to the kiddie table.

Can’t blame Fickell a bit for staying at Cincy. Sparty is a dumpster fire and is staring in the face of NCAA sanctions. Smart move by Fickell another good year and he’ll have a choice of better jobs.

Good news for UC and Fickell. It will be much better for him to choose the job he wants, rather than the mess at MSU.

Good news for Ohio State too. Didn’t want to lose Coombs again, and so soon..

Glad he stayed at UC,any input about why he didn't move on was it him or MSU?

My guess is timing and probably there are some NCAA issues coming down the road. I mean Dantonio didn't leave abruptly because he woke up some morning and thought it would be a good day to quit this gig.

My guess is timing and probably there are some NCAA issues coming down the road. I mean Dantonio didn't leave abruptly because he woke up some morning and thought it would be a good day to quit this gig.
Well, Dantonio obviously timed it to pick up $4m.

Nebraska is the only OOC game for the Bearcats to get some recognition, and that is debatable.

2020 schedule
Thurs., Sept. 3: AUSTIN PEAY (Nippert Stadium) [FCS 11-4 2019 lost in 3rd rd of FCS playoffs]
Fri., Sept. 11: WESTERN MICHIGAN (Nippert Stadium) – ESPN Network [7-6 2019]
Sat., Sept. 19: @ Miami (OH) (Oxford, Ohio) [8-6 2019]
Sat., Sept. 26: @ Nebraska (Lincoln, Neb.)
Sat., Oct. 3: USF (Nippert Stadium)
Sat., Oct. 10: BYE
Sat., Oct. 17: @ Tulsa (Tulsa, Okla.)
Sat., Oct. 24: @ SMU (Dallas, Texas)
Sat., Oct. 31: MEMPHIS (Nippert Stadium)
Sat., Nov. 7: HOUSTON (Nippert Stadium)
Thurs., Nov. 12: ECU (Nippert Stadium) – ESPN Network
Sat., Nov. 21: @ UCF (Orlando, Fla.)
Sat., Nov. 28: @ Temple (Philadelphia, Pa.)

Looks like MSU and Dantonio are in hot water.
Don't know that the program will be penalized, but I would guess Fickell knew of the situation and didn't want the mess. Plus, he knows that if Michigan, Ohio State and Penn State are ever all functioning at full capacity it will be rare for MSU to ever break into that top three of the division. Another great year at UC and I'll bet he has better options than Sparty.

Don't know that the program will be penalized, but I would guess Fickell knew of the situation and didn't want the mess. Plus, he knows that if Michigan, Ohio State and Penn State are ever all functioning at full capacity it will be rare for MSU to ever break into that top three of the division. Another great year at UC and I'll bet he has better options than Sparty.
Agreed 100%. He should be able to find a school where they are the top dog in state.