U.S. economy adds 517,000 jobs in January, unemployment rate drops to 54 year low

Sure. People re-evaluated what was important in their lives. Near retirees (60+) decided work wasn't necessary or worth it any more. Nearly 5 million chose earlier than expected retirements. Another 5 million women decided it was a better investment of their time to be stay at home moms rather than returning to the workforce.

That's 10 million workers removed over night. Roughly the same amount we are short.

To compensate, companies are offering better pay and benefits than ever to pull workers from other industries/competitors. They're also pulling many young adults away from college, especially men. This problem isn't going away any time in the next decade. The real challenge will be in 20-30 years.
The generation just entering the workforce is being paid obscene amounts and not having kids (in general). That group will be financially secure by 40-45 years of age and will only work if they enjoy it. That's when the chit really hits the fan!
Did these people's bills go down that they can afford to no longer work? Everybody else's costs seem to have risen 🤔

For one, amazon entry level pay is 20-30 bucks an hour and you don’t have to work ini a hospital. You really have no clue.

I keep hearing how Amazon is planning to layoff. Is that true ProV1? I have yet to hear of any hospital that is reporting planned layoffs.

Did these people's bills go down that they can afford to no longer work? Everybody else's costs seem to have risen 🤔
Obviously, they can afford what they need/want or they would go back to work.

I keep hearing how Amazon is planning to layoff. Is that true ProV1? I have yet to hear of any hospital that is reporting planned layoffs.I
If they do a lay off, workers can just go get another job, They are plentiful and despite the BS Costa spews, $20 an hour is very common. Hell, Wendy’s pays $15-$16.

Is that just you or does it include your wife? Why don’t you just get a job?
Retired one year early 65 because I planned well but needed to have Medicare. Planned well for retirement no SNAP, 100 percent debt free and plenty of money saved. How about you? How is your retirement plan going.

Eggs $3.29 at Mason Wholefoods. stop whining and work on your job skills.

1675613601258.png

It's a choice.

Many decided it was worth more to them to stay home and raise their children. If the spouse is making enough money then who are we to judge?
They weren't making enough before to be a one earner household but now with costs skyrocketing they can be? 🤔

They weren't making enough before to be a one earner household but now with costs skyrocketing they can be? 🤔

There are a million stories in the Naked City. Maybe they spent '20-'21 paying down debt? Or one of them has been working ridiculous amounts of overtime the last two years? (Just 8 hours of OT on a 40 hour week is a 30% increase in pay.) Or whatever their situation is that allows them to do so.

I have two daughters that opted to go this route. Their husband's have switched jobs numerous times and now make more than what they did as a combined household prior to the pandemic.
Remove expenses such as child care, travel, professional attire, eating out during the week and other such things and they are easily better off now than before. To top it off they love being stay at home moms.

Retired one year early 65 because I planned well but needed to have Medicare. Planned well for retirement no SNAP, 100 percent debt free and plenty of money saved. How about you? How is your retirement plan going.
I don’t need a plan.

I have two daughters that opted to go this route. Their husband's have switched jobs numerous times and now make more than what they did as a combined household prior to the pandemic.
Remove expenses such as child care, travel, professional attire, eating out during the week and other such things and they are easily better off now than before. To top it off they love being stay at home moms.
Are you sure your daughters are not just sitting on their a**es collecting welfare like the MAGA buffoons assert?

But they are exactly what conservatives are upset about. Why aren't they working. There are jobs out there for them. We need them working for some reason. It might be ok for them and their family, but what about everyone else like Qcity and SayMyName that see it as the start of the end of times?

But they are exactly what conservatives are upset about. Why aren't they working. There are jobs out there for them. We need them working for some reason. It might be ok for them and their family, but what about everyone else like Qcity and SayMyName that see it as the start of the end of times?
Show me one post where I've said anything about the start of the end of times? Thanks...

Always possible I suppose.... of course the cut off for assistance is pretty low so not likely.
Tell me you know nothing about public assistance in Ohio. The information is right on their website.

Why would I give a crap about public assistance in Ohio?

I don't live in Ohio and I don't need public assistance.
This is an Ohio based forum. Why you posting on here? You you made a comment I ask you to do some research pretty simple.

This is an Ohio based forum. Why you posting on here? You you made a comment I ask you to do some research pretty simple.
It's a debate forum with many topics that reach beyond the Ohio borders. I post for the same reason others do.

At no point did you ask me to do any "research".

Hey dummy, show me where it says OHIO DEBATE FORUM....LOL, nice rake step...
Debate forum is one of the forums listed under the category. It is part if it you moron. Don't do to yourself what you did last week, again.