Two Big Games Tuesday

I've got Alter in this one. From what I've heard that Ruffolo kid is too much to handle for a lot of teams. My buddy said Alter has aggressive defenders and will be able to put the pressure on offensively. Should be a great competition, excited to hear what happens. Go Hartley. Never seen Creek or Centerville before, but two strong D-1 programs who consistently make playoff runs. I know Beavercreek is defending its title here. Good luck to all.

Area Polls
1. Creek
2 Cville
3 Carroll

Alter over Cville 2-0
Cville over Creek 2-1
Carroll over Alter 4-0

Thoughts?

I think Centerville and Beavercreek want no part of Carroll.
4-0 at Alter?
That's embarrassing a pretty good team on the road. Carroll is going to cause problems in DI.

Too much soccer to be played before Centerville or Beavercreek should worry about Carroll. We'll see what Carroll is made of should the anticipated game against St. Xavier materialize.

For what it's worth, Beavercreek was not at full strength. 2 starters out (red card, injury), another starter went down with injury after 5 minutes, another midfielder played through the flu.

What is most confusing is how Cville is the number 2 over Carroll. (Creek being the defending champs deserve their credit) I understand Cville plays a tougher schedule but looking at some common opponents is a different story:

Walnut Hills: Cville 0-0 T Carroll 5-0 W
Lebanon: Cville 1-1 T Carroll 3-0 W
Fairmont: Cville 1-0 W. Carroll 3-0 W
Springboro: Cville 2-0 W. Carroll 2-1 W
Wayne: Cville 8-0 W. Carroll 7-0 W

What is most confusing is how Cville is the number 2 over Carroll. (Creek being the defending champs deserve their credit) I understand Cville plays a tougher schedule but looking at some common opponents is a different story:

Walnut Hills: Cville 0-0 T Carroll 5-0 W
Lebanon: Cville 1-1 T Carroll 3-0 W
Fairmont: Cville 1-0 W. Carroll 3-0 W
Springboro: Cville 2-0 W. Carroll 2-1 W
Wayne: Cville 8-0 W. Carroll 7-0 W

Numbers don’t lie

First time Beavercreek has lost at home in about 6 years. Two of their studs in the middle of the park were hurt and a center back was on red card suspension. Two of those three are captains as well. I’m sure they weren’t used to playing without them.

First time Beavercreek has lost at home in about 6 years. Two of their studs in the middle of the park were hurt and a center back was on red card suspension. Two of those three are captains as well. I’m sure they weren’t used to playing without them.

With such a strong program others should have been able to step up.

7 years ago against Olentangy Orange