Turkey or Ham

Which of the following will you have for Thanksgiving this year? (One or two picks).

• Turkey

Votes: 12 85.7%
  • Ham

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Venison

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Fish

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tofu Turkey

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Turkey. Always turkey, plus mashed 'taters, gravy, dressing (or is it stuffing?), green beans almondine, dinner rolls, cranberry relish, punkin' pie with whipped cream and wine. Did I miss anything?

No ham or sweet potato casserole or pecan pie over here. I do like pecan pie, but not sweet potato casserole.

Tofu turkey does sound delicious. Why don't you try it first and let me know? ;)

rectangular prismatic turkey?

Other: kielbasa.
Other should be reserved for stuff like spam or liver or even hunky turkey. How does Kielbasa not get it's own category? The fix is in on this poll.

Turkey for Thanksgiving and usually ham for Christmas and Easter in my household. I'm not a big fan of either. Ham is too salty for my liking, and we usually have just a turkey breast which is usually too dry for my liking. I prefer the dark meat on the turkey. Come to think of it, I'm not that big of a fan of beef roasts either. Give me steak, ground beef, and chicken thighs!

My uncle loves turkey. He'd always have Thanksgiving dinner at his in-laws and then usually go to the store the day after Thanksgiving and get a turkey that didn't sell on the cheap and cook that, too!

How many of you have done the deep-fried turkey thing? I have not and have never had the opportunity to try the meat from a deep-fried turkey.

Yes to turkey and ham . Have both and then you do not miss out on the great flavors of both.

How many of you have done the deep-fried turkey thing? I have not and have never had the opportunity to try the meat from a deep-fried turkey.

My dad has done it for about the last 15 years. He said he was done so I went and bought the big fryer and I'm going to do it for the first time this year. He has a seasoning he rubs on the outside then injects it with garlic butter. Personally I prefer it to the traditional baked turkey, especially the outer layers with the skin still attached.

Turkey. Always turkey, plus mashed 'taters, gravy, dressing (or is it stuffing?), green beans almondine, dinner rolls, cranberry relish, punkin' pie with whipped cream and wine. Did I miss anything?

No ham or sweet potato casserole or pecan pie over here. I do like pecan pie, but not sweet potato casserole.

Tofu turkey does sound delicious. Why don't you try it first and let me know? ;)
Tried plain tofu once. That was one time too many. Have been told there are flavors. No thanks. ?

Tried plain tofu once. That was one time too many. Have been told there are flavors. No thanks. ?
A local Chinese restaurant put tofu cubes in their egg drop soup. The tofu absorbed the soup flavor, so it wasn't too bad. The tofu just added some spongy texture. That's about the extent of my tofu experience.

"Pass the turkey tofu and gravy", said no one ever.

1605892997407.png

Would like to try it sometime. Supposedly the duck is the greasiest part, and makes the turkey more moist and flavorful?
Duck is rather fatty which is probably why I liked it so much the couple times I was lucky enough to eat it. It's the same idea behind wrapping any lean cut of meat in bacon before cooking. The bacon fat drippings continuously baste the meat to keep it moist.

Those honey baked hams are delicious! Expensive, but worth it???
Someone told me the HBH process is as simple as: roll ham in brown sugar, place ham on ring stand, hit it with blowtorch to caramelize brown sugar, let cool, wrap in foil, drop in box, close box.

Over the years the wife and I have had turkey for Thanksgiving. Prior to retirement Thanksgiving meals varied. One year in Georgia I had liver and onions, once in Germany wild boar, once goose, once pickled eel, once venison and some years in Turkey and Pakistan don't know because I didn't ask. Eat and enjoy.

Generally, turkey for Thanksgiving, but both ham and turkey as well as filet mignon for Christmas, especially the spiral cut honey hams. Yummy. I’m a breast man for turkey with sweet potatoes, stuffing, veggies ( cold and hot) and cranberry sauce. Pumpkin and pecan pies. Easter is ham or roast beef. Sometimes prime rib.

shouldn't this be in the left-over category by now? sour dough, white meat salted, cranberry sauce, maybe mayo..