Tryouts and Mergers - Rumors

coachg

Ok time to kick the tires and light the fires. I know they are coming and cant wait to hear them all. LOL

Well..... I imagine that the older CUP girls teams are going to be STACKED as in days of old. Am guessing that many of the 2001 & 2002s that have committed already are not going to deal with the DA anymore and go play high school.

I would put money down that the top 2002 CUP team will win USYS Nationals next year.

The oldest U18/19 DA team at CDA is going to STRUGGLE.

Would the dynamics be any different than the current 00/01 DA team? The DA had tons of girls go to OE 01's and 02's and more that went to the the CDA and their teams are still doing well in DA.

Would the dynamics be any different than the current 00/01 DA team? The DA had tons of girls go to OE 01's and 02's and more that went to the the CDA and their teams are still doing well in DA.
The current 00/01 DA team is pretty much all 02s playing up, with a few 01s. I think the dynamics will be similar to what you describe, but there aren't many girls left in the club to make up that oldest team once most of the already committed girls head back to CUP.

Kind of stinks for those 02s... they gave up high school soccer to get beat up in the oldest DA group that doesn't go to most of the showcases / events. That U18/19 team plays about 2 games a MONTH and are done at the end of May. For the ones that are already committed and just want to play soccer, what's the point??

The current 00/01 DA team is pretty much all 02s playing up, with a few 01s. I think the dynamics will be similar to what you describe, but there aren't many girls left in the club to make up that oldest team once most of the already committed girls head back to CUP.

Kind of stinks for those 02s... they gave up high school soccer to get beat up in the oldest DA group that doesn't go to most of the showcases / events. That U18/19 team plays about 2 games a MONTH and are done at the end of May. For the ones that are already committed and just want to play soccer, what's the point??

Is the DA even worth it anymore? After two years have we seen enough to know that is has been a massive failure? I don’t know if the local ECNL (OE) is a better option because they sure do have their problems. The high school piece to this was grossly undervalued.

Is the DA even worth it anymore? After two years have we seen enough to know that is has been a massive failure? I don’t know if the local ECNL (OE) is a better option because they sure do have their problems. The high school piece to this was grossly undervalued.

Please quantify your accusations of what you believe shows they have failed. IS it all the National Youth Teams call ups or what?

Please quantify your accusations of what you believe shows they have failed. IS it all the National Youth Teams call ups or what?
I don't see that the DA is a failure, but I would argue that the trade-offs are questionable.

Regarding your question: have there been any call-ups this year? Seems like once Tiff left, there has not been any mention of CDA kids on the USGNTs. U17 roster was just announced for the 2020 world cup... none on there.

When your best players locally, and the best clubs nationally keep leaving to go play in a different league, the writing is on the wall. Some people don't want to see it. But it's pretty clear.

it's really a parent thing more than anything. The DA like the ODP, parents just wants to say their kids plays on it because 99.9% of the public don't know and it makes them feel really good about themselves. It's the same parents who let their kid commit early with no money offer, same ones who lie about the aforementioned comment.

Oh well...the dumpster fire has been burning over there for well over a year now. Enjoy the show!

I don't see that the DA is a failure, but I would argue that the trade-offs are questionable.

Regarding your question: have there been any call-ups this year? Seems like once Tiff left, there has not been any mention of CDA kids on the USGNTs. U17 roster was just announced for the 2020 world cup... none on there.

Snooper- Besides Rose being on the Roster for the WNT there have been many called up to train with them and to be soon. A few have played in some friendlies if my memory serves me correctly.

As for the trade-off you mention thats an individual choice.

UPDATE:
Last fall 2 players were called up from DA to the YNT "Youth National Training. With changes with the YNT staff there hasnt been any more camps and they are not expected until after the Women's. Between 04 and 05 groups 10 players were selected to to the Youth National Team ID Center. I have not heard of any other club having player called up to the YNT or the Youth National Team ID Center either but I may be wrong and if so please let me know.

Last edited:

If it's truly about player development, the DA seems to be a huge success. What they are doing with training, data analysis, nutrition, etc/ etc. is great. They seem to be developing the whole person and preparing them for future success whether they continue playing soccer or not. Maybe every other club is doing these things, but I don't see them advertise it.

I've also read posts on yappi that they don't actually do all of the things they advertise, but the few kids/parents I know who are in it love it. The parents seem to be the problem in many cases just like with every club. Some parents think that making a DA team should guarantee their little Susie a spot on the USWNT. When that doesn't happen they get pissed and quit.

Well..... I imagine that the older CUP girls teams are going to be STACKED as in days of old. Am guessing that many of the 2001 & 2002s that have committed already are not going to deal with the DA anymore and go play high school.

I would put money down that the top 2002 CUP team will win USYS Nationals next year.

The oldest U18/19 DA team at CDA is going to STRUGGLE.

Can anyone clarify what the high school age girls Cup team structure will be? Looking at their website they list a Director and Associate Director for Cup GOLD for the high school age groups. Then there are Assistant Director positions for CUP North and CUP South for U14-19. So does that mean they are following the structure set up in the younger age groups with “North” amd “South”? Does that allow them to have more teams labeled CUP and appease parents who may have had players pushed back down due to CDA players returning? Is CUP Gold going to be separate in order to maintain the atmosphere of what CDA Premier was? maybe I missed something but this does look like a change...

http://www.cincinnatiunitedsoccer.com/directors-of-coaching

Can anyone clarify what the high school age girls Cup team structure will be? Looking at their website they list a Director and Associate Director for Cup GOLD for the high school age groups. Then there are Assistant Director positions for CUP North and CUP South for U14-19. So does that mean they are following the structure set up in the younger age groups with “North” amd “South”? Does that allow them to have more teams labeled CUP and appease parents who may have had players pushed back down due to CDA players returning? Is CUP Gold going to be separate in order to maintain the atmosphere of what CDA Premier was? maybe I missed something but this does look like a change...

http://www.cincinnatiunitedsoccer.com/directors-of-coaching

As with every club I am sure its the same at CU / CUP. Depends on the numbers that show up and the talent level tat shows up. If there is not enough talent then CUP won't just form a team I have noticed over the years. Seems like they are one of the only ones that does it like that.

As with every club I am sure its the same at CU / CUP. Depends on the numbers that show up and the talent level tat shows up. If there is not enough talent then CUP won't just form a team I have noticed over the years. Seems like they are one of the only ones that does it like that.

Dude for real.

Remember I posted this a few months back...

"Since only the 14's played in the fall, look at this show.

CUP Gold / Bottom half of National league Premier 1 with a losing record

CUP North (aka CUP Black) / Dead last in National league Premier 2 with no wins and 1 goal for 35 against. I've never seen a CUP branded team that bad, and I've seen a lot of CUP teams the last 10 years

CUP South (AKA CUP Black) / Dead last in National league first division 2/8/0 with -25 goal differential

CU SE 1 / 1 win in Buckeye State

CU LM 1 / Only 1 win in Buckeye Elite

CU SM 1 / 1 win in Buckeye Challenge 2"

So seems they will form a CUP/CU team with no talent just for the money. Or am I missing something.

Dude for real.

CUP North (aka CUP Black) / Dead last in National league Premier 2 with no wins and 1 goal for 35 against. I've never seen a CUP branded team that bad, and I've seen a lot of CUP teams the last 10 years

CUP South (AKA CUP Black) / Dead last in National league first division 2/8/0 with -25 goal differential

So seems they will form a CUP/CU team with no talent just for the money. Or am I missing something.

Seems to me this should change when CUP returns to it’s brand or disassociates from KHA. Should provide a healthy alternative to OE’s shinnanigans and with National League association provide stiffer competition than the Buckeye League that the Composite ECNL teams currently play in. Also, the CUP/CDA older seem to be doing fairly well with development and D1 commits. With all that said I have always believed the DA with “no high school” participation would be a bust here locally in Ohio South.

I'm not sure National team invites or bust is a good evaluation of the success of a program.

We saw a few National League teams this year and I was surprised at their competitiveness. If your kid is in National League, ECNL, or DA, they're getting solid exposure and training. It's likel arguing who'se uglier, Kim or Chloe Kardashian.

State CUP seems to suggest that CDA and CUP Gold are still at the top of the food chain at the state level.

I'm not sure National team invites or bust is a good evaluation of the success of a program.

We saw a few National League teams this year and I was surprised at their competitiveness. If your kid is in National League, ECNL, or DA, they're getting solid exposure and training. It's likel arguing who'se uglier, Kim or Chloe Kardashian.

State CUP seems to suggest that CDA and CUP Gold are still at the top of the food chain at the state level.

Agree. Find the best fit for your child and keep it moving.

I heard they are not going to have enough players to even make a DA team in the 01/02 age group. Lots of girls not doing it next year.
Even ignoring injuries, the 03s are going to be down significantly in numbers as well, since all the current 02s on the team will have to move (up or out).

Dude for real.

Better look again at the teams records.. I think you may be wrong... Just a quick look shows CU LM Elite 4 wins 2 losses, CU SE 3-3 and CUSM 2-2 I dont have time to look at the other league but you sure can.

Better look again at the teams records.. I think you may be wrong... Just a quick look shows CU LM Elite 4 wins 2 losses, CU SE 3-3 and CUSM 2-2 I dont have time to look at the other league but you sure can.

That was after last fall.

Didn't bother looking now, saw all I needed to see.

On a related note KD looks good in OP ECNL Black and White...And this just 18 months after the P sisters jumped the sinking ship. Interesting huh?

On a related note KD looks good in OP ECNL Black and White...And this just 18 months after the P sisters jumped the sinking ship. Interesting huh?

I suggest you look at the U14s this year then... You are way off base.

I suggest you look at the U14s this year then... You are way off base.

Yeah you're right.

CUP south

OSSL 2-7-0 / 10 scored 30 allowed
NL GLC 3rd div 3-3 / 9 scored 9 allowed

CUP North

OSSL 1-8-0 / 6 scored 37 allowed
NL GLC 4th div 1-5-0 / 6 scored 12 allowed

I'm going to go out on a limb and say one or both of those teams should be regular CU teams. That CUP North team is a combined 2-21 in 2 leagues fall and spring with 13 goals scored and 84 against. Like I said been around CUP for 10 years +/- does that sound like a CUP team? Sounds like a CU team that should be playing 2nd level or lower buckeye teams. AKA a money team.

She isn’t the only one leaving the CDA. It’s been a rough couple of years with so many of their talented older kids leaving. Many people know the few top kids that will not be returning including the DOCS, but I don’t think it is appropriate to put their names out there on this platform especially before tryouts.

I said it before the CDA underestimated the impact of high school soccer. It seems that they do a better job with college recruiting than the other local giant does. After you commit to college there isn’t much leverage that the CDA has to keep you. It sucks for them to put all of this time into developing these kids and ultimately they leave. I don’t see any way to stop this trend because these kids want to play high school and no matter how many videos they make saying otherwise it’s not reality.

Yeah I actually did some asking around and KD is going to OE and not OP but she is leaving. I heard she wanted to play high school and was not happy with the DA the last year. With her going to Ohio State she needed to play in the ECNL if she wasn’t doing the DA. I did hear a few others were leaving also.

Looks like there are ALREADY some faces on the OE and the OP ECNL rosters that are currently playing with the DA. I wonder what happens if US Soccer finds kids violating the DA's "thou shalt not play for any other team" policy?

Looks like there are ALREADY some faces on the OE and the OP ECNL rosters that are currently playing with the DA. I wonder what happens if US Soccer finds kids violating the DA's "thou shalt not play for any other team" policy?

I could be wrong but I think the oldest DA is done June 1. They won’t qualify for The tournament.

Yeah you're right.

CUP south

OSSL 2-7-0 / 10 scored 30 allowed
NL GLC 3rd div 3-3 / 9 scored 9 allowed

CUP North

OSSL 1-8-0 / 6 scored 37 allowed
NL GLC 4th div 1-5-0 / 6 scored 12 allowed

I'm going to go out on a limb and say one or both of those teams should be regular CU teams. That CUP North team is a combined 2-21 in 2 leagues fall and spring with 13 goals scored and 84 against. Like I said been around CUP for 10 years +/- does that sound like a CUP team? Sounds like a CU team that should be playing 2nd level or lower buckeye teams. AKA a money team.

Keep digging through the age group and it should be clear what is happening.