Trump's COVID 19 Failure

Stirred not Shaken

NYC Mayor says NYC may run out of ventilators and other medical supplies within 2 to 3 weeks. Other government leaders have said the same. Even though Trump thought COVID 19 was not that serious a month ago as the Boy Scouts motto goes Be Prepared. It is a joke that 1st America had a shortage of test kits now we might not have enough ventilators, these items should have been in production 3 months ago whether Trump thought COVID 19 was an epidemic or not. This is what happens when you have a person in power who has a counsel of one and thinks he is never wrong. China has sent 1000 ventilators to Italy, how ironic and sad would it be that America would have to depend on a foreign country for medical supplies.

Actually, you're wrong. The largest city in the U.S. (which has been subject to several terrorists' attacks in the past and has the disdain of a significant portion of the world), should have been more prepared for such an event years ago, not three months ago. Blaming the president for something he himself failed to have in place shows the depth of his ineptitude. No one can be 100% prepared for anything, but it's the mayor's job more than anyone's to be ready for catastrophe.

Last edited:
Actually, you're wrong. The largest city in the U.S. (which has been subject to several terrorists attacks in the past) and has the disdain of a significant portion of the world), should have been more prepared for such an event years ago, not three months ago. Blaming the president for something he himself failed to have in place shows the depth of his ineptitude. No one can be 100% prepared for anything, but it's the mayor's job more than anyone's to be ready for catastrophe.
Typical Trumpeteer response, buck never stops with Trump always find another scapegoat. Even though I think this COVID 19 is not nearly as bad as what the experts are saying, I could be wrong. That is why you prepare for the worst but hope for the best.

Typical Trumpeteer response, buck never stops with Trump always find another scapegoat. Even though I think this COVID 19 is not nearly as bad as what the experts are saying, I could be wrong. That is why you prepare for the worst but hope for the best.
I'm a Trumpeteer?!? I never knew. Maybe I should have voted for him in 2016 since I adore him so much. ?
Your scapegoat comment doesn't make any sense since your entire premise is the mayor of NYC is blaming the President. Maybe you just like irony.

"That is why you prepare for the worst but hope for the best." Good advice to follow if you ever become the mayor of a metropolis. Preparing means being proactive, not reactive. Considering the small percentage of New Yorkers infected by COVID 19, what would this mayor do if another major terrorist attack occurred??? Or a much more deadly influenza strain ripped through the city? Catastrophic isn't even the right word. Unfortunately, Mr. de Blasio and Mr. Trump have something in common - they find themselves going to war with people instead of trying to make peace. Going on the attack in the midst of a crisis is very desperate and a sign of incapacity. His relationship with the NYPD and subsequent morale-crushing over the years is unfortunately very indicative of his administrative ineptitude.

SnS literally gets more obtuse every day. .
Yeah, Shakey loves him some higher Federal taxes and nanny state policies. Practically begs for them daily in here. Trump obviously should have assembled a blue ribbon Protectors of the Health and Welfare of New York City panel. That should be a President‘s top priority, obviously.

I'm a Trumpeteer?!? I never knew. Maybe I should have voted for him in 2016 since I adore him so much. ?
Your scapegoat comment doesn't make any sense since your entire premise is the mayor of NYC is blaming the President. Maybe you just like irony.

"That is why you prepare for the worst but hope for the best." Good advice to follow if you ever become the mayor of a metropolis. Preparing means being proactive, not reactive. Considering the small percentage of New Yorkers infected by COVID 19, what would this mayor do if another major terrorist attack occurred??? Or a much more deadly influenza strain ripped through the city? Catastrophic isn't even the right word. Unfortunately, Mr. de Blasio and Mr. Trump have something in common - they find themselves going to war with people instead of trying to make peace. Going on the attack in the midst of a crisis is very desperate and a sign of incapacity. His relationship with the NYPD and subsequent morale-crushing over the years is unfortunately very indicative of his administrative ineptitude.
NYCFD loves Bill DiB, too.

NYC Mayor says NYC may run out of ventilators and other medical supplies within 2 to 3 weeks. Other government leaders have said the same. Even though Trump thought COVID 19 was not that serious a month ago as the Boy Scouts motto goes Be Prepared. It is a joke that 1st America had a shortage of test kits now we might not have enough ventilators, these items should have been in production 3 months ago whether Trump thought COVID 19 was an epidemic or not. This is what happens when you have a person in power who has a counsel of one and thinks he is never wrong. China has sent 1000 ventilators to Italy, how ironic and sad would it be that America would have to depend on a foreign country for medical supplies.

That's the least they can do since they helped murder over 4,000 Italians (to date).

God help me for posting in the Debate Forum, but I'll say this:

Don't we already depend on foreign countries for medical supplies? It would seem that part of the impending problem is that not enough of these supplies are produced domestically. Please correct me if I'm wrong here.

Furthermore, most supply chains in this day and age are not designed to accommodate large amounts of inventory. Producers either can't produce enough on short notice, or the products can't be transported quickly enough, or nobody wants to shoulder the expense of storing extraordinary amounts of it.

Last edited:

Another one who values words over actions. Trump obviously thought C-virus was serious more then a month ago or he wouldn't have closed the border with China at the end of January. That act killed the stock market but saved us from going down the path Italy went.

Looking back it was obvious Trump was preparing but he didn't want to cause a panic. How would we have been better off today if the panic buying and business closings had started 3 weeks earlier?

China did this to us and the world. So if you want to blame someone ask yourself who made us vulnerable to China?

If you want to see where the REAL incompetence lies check out BOTH the republican & democrat party's and Americas Corporate elite. And if you want to blame Presidents how about you start with GH Bush, Bill Clinton, GW Bush & Barack Obama. These are the folks who let a "capitalist" predator into the WTO, opened our economy to them and then sat back as we lost intellectual property & industry after industry to them.

Making matters worse these guys sat on their hands as one critical supply chain after another was moved there.

So spare us the buck stops with Trump BS. We elected him to start fixing the problems the last four Presidents have left us. We didn't elect him to take the blame for the screw-ups of others.

Don't we already depend on foreign countries for medical supplies? It would seem that part of the impending problem is that not enough of such supplies are produced domestically. Please correct me if I'm wrong here.

Furthermore, most supply chains in this day and are not designed to accommodate large amounts of inventory. Producers either can't produce enough on short notice, or the products can't be transported quickly enough, or nobody wants to shoulder the expense of storing extraordinary amounts of it.

Exactly right. The problems we're dealing with predate Trump by 30 years. And they can be laid directly at the feet of BOTH the democrat & republican party's and at the feet of Presidents Bush, Clinton, Bush & Obama. And you can throw our clueless corporate leadership into the mix.

Trump was elected to get us out of this mess not to fall on his sword taking the blame for 30+ years of others screw ups.

Trump is no savior here but we are in uncharted waters. He didnt do himself any favors early on but has caught up in a big way.

The blame game should not be played one bit in this game. No system is prepped for this. We will live and learn but placing blame on Trump or Obama or Woodrow Wilson is foolhardy.

Did Wilson take guff over calling it "Spanish" Flu?

Don't we already depend on foreign countries for medical supplies? It would seem that part of the impending problem is that not enough of such supplies are produced domestically. Please correct me if I'm wrong here.

Furthermore, most supply chains in this day and are not designed to accommodate large amounts of inventory. Producers either can't produce enough on short notice, or the products can't be transported quickly enough, or nobody wants to shoulder the expense of storing extraordinary amounts of it.
Spot on

Another one who values words over actions. Trump obviously thought C-virus was serious more then a month ago or he wouldn't have closed the border with China at the end of January. That act killed the stock market but saved us from going down the path Italy went.

Looking back it was obvious Trump was preparing but he didn't want to cause a panic. How would we have been better off today if the panic buying and business closings had started 3 weeks earlier?

China did this to us and the world. So if you want to blame someone ask yourself who made us vulnerable to China?

If you want to see where the REAL incompetence lies check out BOTH the republican & democrat party's and Americas Corporate elite. And if you want to blame Presidents how about you start with GH Bush, Bill Clinton, GW Bush & Barack Obama. These are the folks who let a "capitalist" predator into the WTO, opened our economy to them and then sat back as we lost intellectual property & industry after industry to them.

Making matters worse these guys sat on their hands as one critical supply chain after another was moved there.

So spare us the buck stops with Trump BS. We elected him to start fixing the problems the last four Presidents have left us. We didn't elect him to take the blame for the screw-ups of others.

This post is flat out delusional. Not at all obvious Trump took this as serious as you say. Again he had a damn party at MarbA Lago that everyine and their brother thought was downright foolhardy at best well after it was obvious to most this was serious .

He wasn’t obviously preparing well before as you say . Nothing to do with his not wanting to cause panic . Scary that you actually even type this bullchit that even other far right wingers rarely have had the nerve to utter . You’re getting these ideas from somewhere though . But then again you come across as if guy actually know what Trump was and is thinking and you always paint a pretty picture as cool tarry evidence smacks you in the face . It’s astounding

Last edited:
Gov Cuomo has openly praised Trump for his response to New York and making all needed resources available. But Cuomo couldn't possible know more than the OP.

The move by Trump to get the private sector on board is drawing rave reviews from business and medical experts who don't get interviewed by the MSM.

The move by Trump to get the private sector on board is drawing rave reviews from business and medical experts who don't get interviewed by the MSM.
The private sector is always on board. Especially when you write them huge checks.

This post is flat out delusional. Not at all obvious Trump took this as serious as you say. Again he had a damn party at MarbA Lago that everyine and their brother thought was downright foolhardy at best well after it was obvious to most this was serious .

He wasn’t obviously preparing well before as you say . Nothing to do with his not wanting to cause panic . Scary that you actually even type this bullchit that even other far right wingers rarely have had the nerve to utter . You’re getting these ideas from somewhere though . But then again you come across as if guy actually know what Trump was and is thinking and you always paint a pretty picture as cool tarry evidence smacks you in the face . It’s astounding
You edited this and it still looks like a knocked-over Scrabble board. You are a wreck