Trump to save BIG season

Lettermen Row, made up of long time OSU insiders, former players and beat writers contradicts ProV1.

It does not contradict anything I said. I said: A Fall season has been in the works for a couple of weeks. There was a target to start in time to be considered for the playoff which at the time was at some point in October. That is still may not happen because it would need ratified by the schools. I did think it would happen based on what I was told.

What makes you think that you know anything about my charitable work or donations? Further, what does any of that have to do with the B10 season? I suggest that unless you can stay on a thread point, you go back to just reading and not posting.
Suggest away, you and your weak minded cohorts should “protest” in the streets and burn some buildings down until I accept my role and go back to just “reading”. That would be easier than having a discussion.

Big10 may or may not happen, don’t care, it will be littered with politics just like everything else most of society enjoyed up until 2020. (There I commented on Big 10)

It does not contradict anything I said. I said: A Fall season has been in the works for a couple of weeks. There was a target to start in time to be considered for the playoff which at the time was at some point in October. That is still may not happen because it would need ratified by the schools. I did think it would happen based on what I was told.

Sure it does. You say fall has been in the works for a couple of weeks. Lettermen Row says it hasn't been an option until Monday.

Suggest away, you and your weak minded cohorts should “protest” in the streets and burn some buildings down until I accept my role and go back to just “reading”. That would be easier than having a discussion.

Big10 may or may not happen, don’t care, it will be littered with politics just like everything else most of society enjoyed up until 2020. (There I commented on Big 10)
Take your bitter grievances to another thread.

I wonder what the Mid American Conference's Commissioner thought of his call from President Trump? Is the MAC restarting?
Right. No one's publicly clamoring for MAC football that I've seen. Understanding the PAC 12 got no call either, so...

For stats geeks - some CDC numbers for the B1G football footprint with new information since the decision to cancel the fall football season that the B1G presidents should consider:
---------------------------------------------------
As has been discussed, the CDC says that of all COVID-19 deaths, only 6% are known to have died of the Rona. 94% died with the Rona, i.e. these folks died of comorbidities of which the Rona complicated.

The B1G footprint has the lowest hospitalization rate for COVID-19 since March 21. Right now, only 2.9% of hospital beds in B1G states are being used for COVID-19 patients.

Only 1.9% of ER visits in the B1G footprint are for COVID-19.

Right now, only 0.26% (not 2.6%, but 1/4 of 1%) of people who reside in the B1G footprint have an active COVID-19 positive case.

Since March, of all COVID-19 cases in the B1G footprint, only 1.5% affected the age group from 15 to 24.

People ages 15-24 make up 12.9% of the population of the B1G footprint, but only 0.2% (1/5 of 1%) of the overall deaths.

20560 NFL players have been doing football activities including contact drills for several weeks. They are not in a bubble. Right now there is one player on the COVID Reserve List.

A top cardiologist at the (pardon my French) Univ of Michigan and another at the Mayo Clinic have cast doubt on the idea of myocarditis being a concern beyond what it normally is.

There have been 3 innovations in testing that are purported to be quicker, more accurate, and cost 4-5$ per test.
-------------------------------------------------------

In the absence of a vaccine or herd immunity, how much lower do these numbers need to be for the presidents and Warren to conclude that the risks of playing are acceptable? Those are pretty good numbers, considering.

Make no mistake. For those who died with comorbitities, they died because they had COVID. Any other spin is a total lie.

• Haha
Reactions: y2h
For the record, I care about MAC football.
I actually watch some games from all cuz I love college football. Can't say I'd miss the Mac though this year.
What college did you go to ? I'm sure casual people will watch some but it will be forgotten by most when the big conferences are playing. Minus a few

I do as well. I was bummed when they pulled the trigger to cancel. I just understand that on the broader landscape, they're not getting a phone call from POTUS.
I watch conference USA because I went to a school there. I'd say we are better than the Mac but would say the same overall to that conference.,

I watch conference USA because I went to a school there. I'd say we are better than the Mac but would say the same overall to that conference.,
Agreed. I also think from a strict player perspective, the MAC and Conference USA have both put some 'dudes' in the league for sure. Plus with MACtion, it's a sure-fire way to get your college football fix on a random Tuesday or Wednesday night later in the season.

Make no mistake. For those who died with comorbitities, they died because they had COVID. Any other spin is a total lie.
So you're saying they may not have died anyway? There deaths were directly because of COVID? That is a total lie.

Am I supposed to be impressed? ?‍♂️
No. You just asked about connections relative to the MAC reference. I will say this about a MAC season. There is zero chance of a Fall season because the schools need the Power 5 games to fund the athletic programs. There is an outside shot of 2nd semester season if ESPN will give them a MACtion contract. Not as likely as a B10 Fall season.

So you're saying they may not have died anyway? There deaths were directly because of COVID? That is a total lie.
I am saying that they died because of COVID. Without COVID they would not be dead right now.

Also, based on the CDC's own data, the US has 200K more deaths this year than last year so you can factor that into the analysis.