Trump Impeachment 2.0

I've changed my mind and now hope that Trump is impeached and the articles of impeachment are sent to the Senate for the trial.

Hugh Hewitt made the point that Trump will then challenge the trial in court and he will win. It's unconstitutional to impeach the POTUS AFTER he leaves office. Sure it will go to the SCOTUS but the outcome is preordained.

And the courts siding with Trump will only make him stronger. Why, because it will be seen by many as vindication that Trump did nothing wrong. The follow-up will be that the democrats and a handful of traitorous republicans prosecuted an innocent man and wasted public money & time in doing so. The backlash will not be pretty.

Just look at how the anti-Trump Yappi posters use court refusals to consider Trump's charges of election fraud as proof that fraud didn't occur. Of course those decisions said nothing of the sort. What they did say was that Trump had not presented compelling evidence that fraud took place or that they didn't have the jurisdiction to hear the case. Big difference. But the takeaway by a lot of people was that the court rulings demonstrated no election cheating.

So by all means they should go right ahead and and impeach Trump. I'm with them 100%.

Trump being seen as an innocent 'victim" and a vindicated man in the future?

Just another in an increasing number of 'Lotty " predictions sure to be nowhere near what is going to actually happen or not happen.

Liz Cheney votes for impeachment. "There has never been a greater betrayal by a President of the United States of his office and his oath to the Constitution."

What a shame, I know some conservatives who used to like her. She's got bigger balls than most of her colleagues I'll give her that.

And should have been his third. His obstruction and "untruthfulness" in written testimony (ie. LIES) during the Mueller investigation was more impeachable than anything Nixon did too. I hope he gets prosecuted for that too after out of office. (And his self-pardon fails).

McConnell might be playing this right. He says he is undecided and wants to hear the case. As in - I'm watching you so don't up worse than you already have numbnuts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Serious question Bob99 - do you believe this? It's not a direct quote from McConnell. My guess is they're just making this up. Or maybe, and more likely, McConnell likes the idea of the democrats overreaching and hurting themselves by trying to impeach Trump.

So yea he "supports" impeachment knowing it can't happen and it hurts the dems big time. Recent polls are showing that Americans have little appetite for this. But that's a lot different then actually working to impeach Trump.

And why would Mitch, who is notorious for being a shrewd, practical politician do something so stupid? His best bet is to let Trump leave office and then work to minimize Trump's impact on the GOP without pissing him off. If in fact McConnell supports impeachment the GOP is toast as is any hope to take back control of the Senate and Congress in 2022.

It's simply ridiculous to think that McConnell would be so dumb.
Curious, if you’re proven wrong will you come on here and admit it? I think you’re dead wrong. Trump will be impeached, And Mitch sees this as theGOP’s way to cut ties with him.

I think McConnell honestly dislikes Trump and always has. McConnell is losing the Senate Majority Leader position and I think he blames Trump. Mitch might want to try to regain control of the GOP and try to put Trump permanently on the sidelines. I agree that proceeding with impeachment may very well backfire on the Left. That could level the playing field for Mitch and the new GOP after Trump.
The hardcore Trump supporters will stay with him impeached or not. Nobody else will. I don’t see how this backfires on the Democratic Party. Mitch, and most other Republican leaders, want nothing else to do with Trump. They know he will bring the Republican Party to ruin.

Impeachment for Trump should be worn like sign of his courage fighting the swamp, like the scars you get from the enemy shooting you while doing something that earns you the metal of honor!

Anyway it is now just a meaningless political tool for show and used to further divide the country, just throw them impeachments out to your TDS patients like candy at parade... just a pointless side show.

Curious, if you’re proven wrong will you come on here and admit it? I think you’re dead wrong. Trump will be impeached, And Mitch sees this as theGOP’s way to cut ties with him.

You are betting on at least 17 GOP senators?

I like and support Rep. Anthony Gonzales. I wonder if he will face any repercussions for voting for impeachment. The last two elections Ohio has been a red state. I think voting against impeachment would have been the easier route.

Donald Trumps Records:
* Lost popular vote in 2016
* Lost the House in 2018
* Impeached in 2020
* Lost the popular vote by more votes in 2020
* Lost re-election in 2020
* Lost the Senate in 2021
* Impeached in 2021

The Democrats picked up the House Senate and Presidency. The people have spoken. Elections have consequences.