Trumbull County Shuts Down Winter Sports

redtiger

Trumbull Dept. of Health has shut down all in-person classes until January 4, 2021. High school sports could resume on January 4, 2021 with practices possibly allowed on December 22. Dates are subject to change. 48% of total COVID cases this year have been in the last 3 weeks! Prospects for winter sports for 2020-2021 are bleak with the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays and large gatherings looming. Hope the spread can be slowed and reversed.

No chance. The numbers will continue to grow for a few more weeks and then drop of off a cliff. Should have been allowed to happen in the Spring/summer with heavy restrictions for retirement communities.

Depends on how sensitive your PHO in your county is as well as your hospital resources and of course your county numbers. Will be interesting how things are evaluated once the vaccines become more ubiquitous.

Depends on how sensitive your PHO in your county is as well as your hospital resources and of course your county numbers. Will be interesting how things are evaluated once the vaccines become more ubiquitous.
So your best prediction is that Trumbull County will continue the ban on sports after the first of the year since cases are likely to increase for at least 2 weeks after all the Christmas and New Year's get togethers? It will be several months until enough people are vaccinated (it takes 2 shots) to establish herd immunity. Doubt if it even helps spring sports unless they delay the start of those seasons a few weeks. Hope I am wrong!

So your best prediction is that Trumbull County will continue the ban on sports after the first of the year since cases are likely to increase for at least 2 weeks after all the Christmas and New Year's get togethers? It will be several months until enough people are vaccinated (it takes 2 shots) to establish herd immunity. Doubt if it even helps spring sports unless they delay the start of those seasons a few weeks. Hope I am wrong!
I actually think that the numbers will go down in next three or few weeks regardless of the vaccine. But it really depends on your county PHO and how stressed your county resources are. Now mind you, I personally don't think shutting down schools or shutting down sports has any effect on the virus spread but science really doesn't matter anymore.