True Champ or Covid Champ?

True Champ or Covid Champ?

• True

Votes: 75 91.5%
  • Covid

Votes: 7 8.5%

• Total voters
Not if you're in a 10 team conference
Well if your in conference that takes pride in their conference championship, I see what you mean. I wonder what those MAC teams take pride in a MAC championship or a State Championship? Serious question.

Some kids do not get vaccinations. Religious beliefs and such so yes, it could happen. I am just giving examples of diseases, not saying they are on they way.
Yes, some kids don't get them, very few. So a kid may get it, hardly an outbreak. And they'd have to be exposed to someone else with the disease which is pretty much impossible unless you seek someone out with measles and have your unvaccinated child next to that person.

Flu outbreaks happen on football teams, as do GI bugs, and things like staph and ringworm when they are not being sanitary. Your examples simply do not happen, ever.

I may be wrong, but the tone of the original post seems to imply that the “COVID Champ“ is a one-time deal. That’s likely not the case, unfortunately.

Yes, some kids don't get them, very few. So a kid may get it, hardly an outbreak. And they'd have to be exposed to someone else with the disease which is pretty much impossible unless you seek someone out with measles and have your unvaccinated child next to that person.

Flu outbreaks happen on football teams, as do GI bugs, and things like staph and ringworm when they are not being sanitary. Your examples simply do not happen, ever.

Sorry to say but there have been measles outbreaks in several states and some who have had the mmr vaccine have still contracted measles.
Not saying HS games have been stopped but measles still happens as people from foreign. Countries come into the US.
TX, CO, NJ, MI.

Sorry to say but there have been measles outbreaks in several states and some who have had the mmr vaccine have still contracted measles.
Not saying HS games have been stopped but measles still happens as people from foreign. Countries come into the US.
TX, CO, NJ, MI.
As I stated no football teams have had such outbreaks. Your examples simply don't hold water.

As I stated no football teams have had such outbreaks. Your examples simply don't hold water.
I do know of middle school team cancelling their season due to injury of one kid and the death of another or a high school team cancelling their game due to death of a player or coach.

I do know of middle school team cancelling their season due to injury of one kid and the death of another or a high school team cancelling their game due to death of a player or coach.
I have heard of such things before and those are understandable. Shutting down for a measles outbreak is a statistical impossibility.

As stated I am not saying football games have been cancelled, and the stated diseases were just examples. There have been outbreaks of measles.
1604696827216.png

I agree that the winners will be True Champs. They’ll get the trophy in their school forever. BUT it will really suck if we get to the State semis and a team loses at that level due to Covid. Then there’ll be debates galore on who the state champ really was.....hope this doesn’t occur but with 7 divisions I think it might....

I agree that the winners will be True Champs. They’ll get the trophy in their school forever. BUT it will really suck if we get to the State semis and a team loses at that level due to Covid. Then there’ll be debates galore on who the state champ really was.....hope this doesn’t occur but with 7 divisions I think it might....
And I think that's everyone's fear. If the remaining teams can get through without that happening yes these are True Champions. If not then I don't see it that way.

NO one remaining wants to default their way to the Championship, trophy or not. Can you imagine that Al Bundy story twenty years down the line? The kids and coaches that got this far, simply aren't made that way.

Well Mentor just lost their qb due to covid tracing. I think PC is the better team anyways but sad that the boys couldn't compete and see for sure

And I think that's everyone's fear. If the remaining teams can get through without that happening yes these are True Champions. If not then I don't see it that way.
And sadly it happened tonight. Mentor had to play a soph QB instead of Kipp and still stuck with PC. Makes me think the best team won’t get the trophy.

I prefer everyone makes the playoffs. It will encourage better regular season games.

I am clearly a Massillon fan and really only worry about my team. I‘d love to see Massillon vs one of Iggy or Ed’s, Mentor and Steubenville every year. I think under this system we would see it.

And that makes me sad. If they finish it you have to give them the Championship with an asterisk. No disrespect but it's not the same.
Can't go that far. I honestly think pc is better than us overall. They didn't play their best game and we did play at a high level with the cards we were dealt.

In a one game scenario upsets can happen. Mentor nearly had a miracle tonight. But that doesn't mean we are the better team

Can't go that far. I honestly think pc is better than us overall. They didn't play their best game and we did play at a high level with the cards we were dealt.

In a one game scenario upsets can happen. Mentor nearly had a miracle tonight. But that doesn't mean we are the better team
I will have to trust your judgement on that as I know very little about either program.

Good luck to Pick Central in the championship.