Troy @ Xenia week 2

TroyTrojan05

Xenia coming off an impressive win blowing out Beavercreek. Troy coming off an easy win against Belmont. I hadn’t originally circled this date in the calendar, but should Troy be concerned with Xenia? Last year Troy won 28-6.

It seems Xenia will be run heavy and will rely on an experienced Rb. Troy will have a decent mix of passes, usually 15 or so a game, and 30-40 rush attempts led by explosive Jaydon Culp-Bishop. Troy’s defense is also very stingy.

All things considered, I will predict a similar score as last year, 28-7.

Thoughts?

I think Xenia is one to watch out for. That being said, I think Troy wins, so long as they play their game. But still a challenge nonetheless, being a road game. I would say the jury is still out on whether Xenia is vastly improved, or Beavercreek is terrible. I have similar thoughts on Greenville, but that's not a subject to tackle here.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

I think Troy gets upset in this one. Xenia is going to be the surprise team in the area this season.

That's a bold statement. I'm not saying it is impossible, but it would definitely surprise me if that happened. I predict Troy going 9-1 at worse this year. I do admit the beat down of Beavercreek was impressive nonetheless.

That's a bold statement. I'm not saying it is impossible, but it would definitely surprise me if that happened. I predict Troy going 9-1 at worse this year. I do admit the beat down of Beavercreek was impressive nonetheless.

I was at the Xenia/Creek game and Xenia played like I had never seen. They were very disciplined and flew around on defense. Offensively, up front, they are big. They do not have an OL under 6'3'' and they mauled Creek. I don't know if Creek is down this year or not so remains to be seen what kind of team Xenia can be. I think this is closer than people think. 28-21 Troy

I was at the Xenia/Creek game and Xenia played like I had never seen. They were very disciplined and flew around on defense. Offensively, up front, they are big. They do not have an OL under 6'3'' and they mauled Creek. I don't know if Creek is down this year or not so remains to be seen what kind of team Xenia can be. I think this is closer than people think. 28-21 Troy

The Trojans are big on both sides of the ball on the line. This is going to be a close game for 3 quarters. I think defensively the Trojans prevail.
Troy 24
Xenia 17

Normally I wouldn't have a dog in this fight, but as a Trotwood fan I'm rooting for Xenia hard in this one. Xenia actually having a respectable record by the time we play them helps us out BIGLY. That's the reason we have to schedule these powerhouse teams in the first 3 games...we need the points. Go Xenia!

Xenia coming off an impressive win blowing out Beavercreek. Troy coming off an easy win against Belmont. I hadn’t originally circled this date in the calendar, but should Troy be concerned with Xenia? Last year Troy won 28-6.

It seems Xenia will be run heavy and will rely on an experienced Rb. Troy will have a decent mix of passes, usually 15 or so a game, and 30-40 rush attempts led by explosive Jaydon Culp-Bishop. Troy’s defense is also very stingy.

All things considered, I will predict a similar score as last year, 28-7.

Thoughts?

I'm not saying Troy is going to lose, but just looking at the numbers...in the last three years, Beavercreek has beaten Xenia by an average 39-11 score; so the 41-14 win by Xenia, regardless of whether Beavercreek is down or not, means that Xenia is up. One of those years, a BC win of 45-7; Xenia beat Troy later in the year 45-42.

A 28-7 prediction seems like it would be an outlier...I'd put the over/under at 60ish with Troy favored by 7 points.

No question that Xenia looks to be up and improved this season. I fully expect the Bucs to have a solid season and might even be in a position to punch that first playoff ticket. I would expect them to compete in this game, but Troy is so well coached and prepared that they will be ready for anything Xenia has to throw at them. I expect Xenia to keep things close for three quarters but Troy will pull away late to win by 2-3 TD’s. It certainly feels like 10-0 territory for the Trojans this year.

More likely than not Beavercreek fell off..

Xenia has been below average for so long that I'm struggling to give them the benefit of the doubt.

I guess we'll find out a lot tonight. Carroll has improved from what I can tell, but if Beavercreek gets blown out we'll know for sure. And obviously, if Xenia gets blown out by Troy we'll know for sure.

*Edit @halftime. Looks like Xenia is for real

Last edited:
Twitter said this game will resume at 11am on Saturday for the the final 1:27 of the game With Troy winning 21-14.... Does Xenia have the ball? This has to be a real pain for the Troy kids to ride down to Xenia for less than two mins of football.

Xenia has the ball. It will be 4th down and 3 to go from the Troy 43 yard line with 1:27 left. X has 1 timeout left and Troy has 3.

Xenia is a lot better this year. Troy controlled the game most of the game but Xenia kept battling. They should be able to contend this year