Troy vs. Miamisburg

TroyTrojan05

I am a little surprised to see the spread at 21.5! I believe that Miamisburg should get the W but that is more than a 3 touchdown favorite. This will be a tough one for Troy as Miamisburg is a dangerous team.

As for Troy- They are getting a little bit healthier now, and their offense is starting to gel more. Granted, they have not beaten a good team yet so take it for what it's worth. Jaydon Culp-Bishop has emerged as a big time threat at RB. They also get back some key lineman that have been hurt. I see QB Sam Coleman playing with a bit more confidence now. Will it be enough for Troy? I doubt it. I will feel pretty good about this game if Troy can keep it close. The last 2 meetings last year were dog fights that could have went either way. I see something like 35-21 Miamisburg in this one.

Good luck to both teams!

The Key will be if the Trojans can throw the ball with consistency. If they can't then it may be a long night for the Trojans. Miamisburg is going to load the box and try to take away our running game and dare Troy to throw the ball.

It is going to be a hot and humid night Friday depth could be a key factor in the outcome of this game.

The Key will be if the Trojans can throw the ball with consistency. If they can't then it may be a long night for the Trojans. Miamisburg is going to load the box and try to take away our running game and dare Troy to throw the ball.

It is going to be a hot and humid night Friday depth could be a key factor in the outcome of this game.

I was thinking the same thing. One of the main differences between this year and last is that we have several 2 way players this year. Last year we had none. This will be hard to maintain Friday.

It will be interesting to see this weeks game against Miamisburg if the Front 7 of Troy's Defense is the real deal. This is one of those meat grinder games. Much was said this offseason about the Defense being the heart and soul of this team. We will see in two days.

Channel has done an amazing job since he arrived at Miamisburg. The "Achilles heal" of all of his teams has been on defense, especially giving up the big play. The secondary play has been poor to awful against good teams. Springboro, LaSalle, and Wayne looked like they were playing against air at times. WR's running down the field wide open. I'm not sure if it has been scheme, coaching, or just lack of talent in the secondary. I think they have had the same secondary coach? This problem hasn't been fixed... If Troy can take advantage of this, they can make it a game. Miamisburg is going to score points, if they can stop the big play I think Burg wins big.

Channel has done an amazing job since he arrived at Miamisburg. The "Achilles heal" of all of his teams has been on defense, especially giving up the big play. The secondary play has been poor to awful against good teams. Springboro, LaSalle, and Wayne looked like they were playing against air at times. WR's running down the field wide open. I'm not sure if it has been scheme, coaching, or just lack of talent in the secondary. I think they have had the same secondary coach? This problem hasn't been fixed... If Troy can take advantage of this, they can make it a game. Miamisburg is going to score points, if they can stop the big play I think Burg wins big.

You are correct-eliminate the big play on D and good things happen....all 4 games the D gives up scores on big plays but when they make a team grind out yards they play well. All of Wayne's TDs were the result of big plays (2 scoring drives started inside their 10 and they rattled off big yards in 1 play).

If you look at the coaching staff for Channel got here, the staff on O has not changed much if at all but on D it has been a challenge with DB's and finding someone that can truly coach the position. I like this group on D...remember all 11 starters vs Northwest were starting for the first time. They will and have been figuring out how to play team D.

Finally, I really hope that Troy fans travel on Friday. The first 2 home games the away stands have been virtually empty. The stadium is a much better when both crowds get into the game. Plus Burg athletic department could use a big gate.

Wow what a half for troy up 21-7 could be worse. Miamisburg has done nothing on offence troy seems to know the play better than burg. Troy got off to a slow start on offence in the 1st qtr giving up miamisburg only points on a int return for td but in 2nd got it rolling.

Very disappointed in miamisburg for not showing up to play tonite. Troy really took it to them. Burgs defense is very bad.being so young on def really shows.but what impressed me about troy was there ability to completely shut down miamisburg running game