1. Mason
2. Lakota East
3. Lebanon
4. Centerville
5. Beavercreek

6. Oak Hills

Boys:
1. Lakota West
2. St. X (very, very close race for 1-2 IMHO).
3. Mason
4. Beavercreek
5. Loveland

6. Lebanon

Girls:
1. Mason
2. Lakota East
3. Lebanon
4. Centerville
5. Beavercreek

6. Oak Hills
Loveland girls may also be in the mix. I expected them to run a little closer to East at the District meet but it appears that one of their top runners did not compete. Hopefully she just rested and isn't injured.

Last edited:
Don't know much about anything but DI, but my view:

Girls:
1. Mason
2. Lakota East
3. Lebanon
4. Centerville
5. Beavercreek

6. Oak Hills

Boys:
1. Lakota West
3. Mason
4. Beavercreek
5. Loveland

6. Lebanon
I think that's probably the way they'll finish, other than I think X will beat West. Mason girls don't have an elite runner like last year but they have a lot of fast girls in a really tight pack 1-7.

The West/X battle in the D1 Race will be pretty incredible to watch. Sad that there is no NXN this year, either of those squads would at least have an outside chance of making it out of NXR I would think.

Troy will get 2+ inches of rain today, but dry all day tomorrow so hopefully we won't see any actual flooding.
I expect the D1 races at the end of the day to be quite slow and muddy though.

D2 Boys
1. Dayton Carroll
2. Waynesville
3. West Liberty-Salem
4. Mariemont
———————
5. Badin
6. McNicholas

D3 Boys
1. Summit Co. Day
2. Cedarville
3. Anna
4. Botkins
———————
5. Ft. Loramie

D2 Girls
1. Oakwood
2. Waynesville
3. Tippecanoe
4. Eaton

D3 Girls
1. West Liberty-Salem
2. Ft. Loramie
3. Versailles
4. Botkins
—————
5. Maderia
6. Anna

Troy will get 2+ inches of rain today, but dry all day tomorrow so hopefully we won't see any actual flooding.
I expect the D1 races at the end of the day to be quite slow and muddy though.
Down on the floodplain it can also get fairly windy. It's almost like being in a tunnel. The wind will also help dry things up a bit.

It seems that the condition of the Troy course, and if it will be flooded or sloppy, is a perennial discussion. Rather than worry about this every year, could the site just be elsewhere? I know that discussion often comes up also. Troy is very spectator friendly but it should be about the runners and not the spectators.

I would think that Cedarville or the Clark County Fairgrounds would both be viable regional sites. If the regional site were to be Cedarville, move that district somewhere else - perhaps to the Clark County Fairgrounds. Indian Riffle Park would also make a good district course. Why was the Miami Valley Tech Center in Clayton discontinued as a district site? I know that I heard it somewhere before but I don't remember. Was the land sold?

Also, is there ever any discussion about what could be done if the course did become flooded and unusable. Is there a contingency plan?
D2 Boys
1. Dayton Carroll
2. Waynesville
3. West Liberty-Salem
4. Mariemont
———————
5. Badin
6. McNicholas
Is Madeira capable of contending for a spot? I haven't followed XC very closely this season, particularly D2 & D3, but Madeira usually has a decent side and I would think that they're probably around where Badin & McNick are.

Down on the floodplain it can also get fairly windy. It's almost like being in a tunnel. The wind will also help dry things up a bit.

It seems that the condition of the Troy course, and if it will be flooded or sloppy, is a perennial discussion. Rather than worry about this every year, could the site just be elsewhere? I know that discussion often comes up also. Troy is very spectator friendly but it should be about the runners and not the spectators.

I would think that Cedarville or the Clark County Fairgrounds would both be viable regional sites. If the regional site were to be Cedarville, move that district somewhere else - perhaps to the Clark County Fairgrounds. Indian Riffle Park would also make a good district course. Why was the Miami Valley Tech Center in Clayton discontinued as a district site? I know that I heard it somewhere before but I don't remember. Was the land sold?

Also, is there ever any discussion about what could be done if the course did become flooded and unusable. Is there a contingency plan?

I was talking about this earlier this week as well, I cannot think of a year in the last 10 years where that course has not been at least a little muddy (the nature of floodplains...), but I also couldn't think of a year where the weather was legitimately sunny either. It always seems to be overcast at best, rainy at worst.

I personally really like the course at Troy. I know this isn't the popular opinion, but the atmosphere at Troy is better than the state meet (or at last the state meet at NTR...)

But I imagine one day the regional will move to Cedarville. That's probably the "best" course in the State of Ohio, and I was really hoping the State Meet was going to end up there.

Is Madeira capable of contending for a spot? I haven't followed XC very closely this season, particularly D2 & D3, but Madeira usually has a decent side and I would think that they're probably around where Badin & McNick are.

Yes, Madeira is in the mix to, but lack upfront what Badin and McNicolas have. Definitely in contention though.

What Troy does that is better than almost anywhere is their awards ceremonies. The few times I've been there, the awards and the send off of the teams to the state meet was outstanding. I could care less about awards 90% of the time, but Regionals and State are the exception. Boardman is terrible and it might have gotten worse since they moved the finish a few years back. Troy very well might be the worst Cross Country course I've ever seen.

Walnut Hills Boys team will not be competing now at Troy regional. Pulled out today with unforeseen circumstances. Their number 1 ran 15:41 last week to finish 4th.

Walnut Hills Boys team will not be competing now at Troy regional. Pulled out today with unforeseen circumstances. Their number 1 ran 15:41 last week to finish 4th.
That's too bad...I wonder if he'll be able to compete as an individual? The team wasn't going to make the state meet, but he'd have a good chance of qualifying on his own.

Such a shame. This team was only allowed to compete about a month ago, and looked really strong at ECC and Districts.

D2 Girls
1. Oakwood
2. Waynesville
3. Tippecanoe
4. Eaton

Oakwood and Waynesville will be a good match. At Troy they would have been 2 points apart if they had been in the same race. Should be interesting with a few faster teams from the VOA meet thrown in to spread points. Oakwood's gap 3 to 4 and 5 is pretty big. Waynesville is tight. But Grace wins the race. (And State...)

For D1 If Madix runs for Loveland they should be in, missing her hurt them bad. Bucher will keep getting faster for Centerville. That girl is just really special.

Here is what I've seen.

Attachments

• IMG_7978.jpg
    IMG_7978.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 40
  • signal-2020-10-30-131156.jpg
    signal-2020-10-30-131156.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 41
  • signal-2020-10-30-131214.jpg
    signal-2020-10-30-131214.jpg
    331.8 KB · Views: 38
We ran the course today. Under bridge pretty much under water. Part past bridge, on the turn, had some standing water. Rest of course is in great shape. Levy part is solid footing. Didn’t feel soft at all. Lower part by finish line has no standing water.

I wonder if they will adjust the course at all tomorrow. As if hosting a meet wasn't already enough of a headache this year.

Those pictures look bad but if it's just under the bridge, it's not the end of the world.

We ran the course today. Under bridge pretty much under water. Part past bridge, on the turn, had some standing water. Rest of course is in great shape. Levy part is solid footing. Didn’t feel soft at all. Lower part by finish line has no standing water.
Any word on a course adjustment?

D2 Girls
Oakwood 43
Waynesville 47
Eaton 108
Tipp missed by 1 point with a 109

D2 Boys
Waynesville 68
Carroll 78
Mariemont 88

Interesting results.

Question: Is Carly Spletzer the daughter of Craig Spletzer of late 70s Finneytown distance running fame?

Don't know much about anything but DI, but my view:

Girls:
1. Mason
2. Lakota East
3. Lebanon
4. Centerville
5. Beavercreek

6. Oak Hills

Boys:
1. Lakota West
3. Mason
4. Beavercreek
5. Loveland

6. Lebanon
Will be interesting to see if West can regroup at the state meet, they didn’t get the same type of performance as they did at districts. Last year X won regionals pretty convincingly and then was really pushed by Mason, let’s hope history repeats itself and we see a great state meet.