Troy looking for head coach

troyboy73

Troy coach Dan Gress has resigned. Was coach for 3 seasons. Applications being accepted. 7th 8th and freshman teams all coming off of winning seasons. And the teams hase plenty of kids to choose from. A career record of 19-9. Gress stated he wanted more time with his family.

Last edited:

Troy coach Dan Gress has resigned. Was coach for 3 seasons. Applications being accepted. 7th 8th and freshman teams all coming off of winning seasons. And the teams hase plenty of kids to choose from. A career record of 19-9. Gress stated he wanted more time with his family.

Is he taking a job elsewhere?

Is there anyone else that is tired of the " I want to spend more time with the family"excuse for resigning? Just tell the truth I was forced out, I am tired of the BS, tell us the real reason. I remember not too long ago my alma mater hired a new coach and he went 8 and 2 the first year look at what he had returning and coming up and left for greener pastures. No excuse was given because everyone knew he was not the coach the school needed after all. I have lost track but he has been to more than two schools since he left. Seems he is a career mover.

Troy has had a tough couple of years but I still think it’s a good job to have. Also Troy has some really good kids coming up through the program. Whoever takes it will inherit some talent as well as a very faithful fanbase. Good facilities too.

I’ve obviously expressed before how bad I went Shane Carter to be hired. I also wanted him before they hired Gress. The only problem is I don’t think they will since he’s not a teacher. I am willing to bet he would want it if offered.

Shane Carter took a not amazing Northwestern team to the playoffs in 2018. if you’re not familiar with the CBC, Northwestern is a historically poor program. impressed what he did their, if he wants the Troy job it should be his.

is Carter and assistant somewhere right now?

Shane Carter took a not amazing Northwestern team to the playoffs in 2018. if you’re not familiar with the CBC, Northwestern is a historically poor program. impressed what he did their, if he wants the Troy job it should be his.

is Carter and assistant somewhere right now?

Of course the year he leaves they go 0-10. The man did a lot for the NW program. Kids love playing for him and they buy into what he is preaching both on and off the field. If you give this guy some talent to work with, I believe it could be very special.

I'm lobbying hard for him

Tony Broeing would be a great add but doubt he would leave Northmont to come back to Miami County another Name Toby Smith coached West Liberty for years before taking over at Bellefontaine??

Burg Football--- I don't see Tony Broering or Nick Marino leaving where they are. Toby Smith, on the other hand, might leave Ada.

Last edited:
Breaking News: I have information, from a very reliable source, that Chip Otten has put in his resume for the Troy head coaching job.