Troy hires Mark Hess

How can you criticize a district for "letting them walk"?. Coaches are going to go where they want to go coach (especially if that means returning to their hometown) This is High School, not College... you can't call up a bunch of donors and round up a ton a cash to keep a coach happy like you can in the NCAA.

Give him time to answer Sudeikis, he’s either in the library studying for a final or helping with chants in a little league baseball dugout.

You sound salty tomcat? Bremigan was the worst basketball hire they could have made a couple of years ago. As far as Kopp, he must not be buddy buddy with the admin? That’s the only reason I can think of.

Or Bethel actually has under performed. They have had a lot of talent. Watch their games, there body language is always awful. Their PG was a stud this year, should have done more with that. Having him dribble up, come off a ball screen and launch is bad.

TC beat Bethel every level this year starting with 7th grade very very badly. You think that level of program deserves to go to GWOC where you cant even beat a small private school that does not recruit (or is awful at it?). Saying all that, Bethel HC is defiantly one of the better young coaches in the area. I think he needs about 4 more years before GWOC. Then he can really make a program go.

Troy made a hire that improves the program. What is wrong with that? Bethel coach would have been a fine hire, but you easily could understand Kopp not getting it.

Not salty at all....find the hire interesting considering record/kids at Creek did not play hard for Hess. My opinion is other two are better candidates as you like Hess which may work out for Troy. And TC definitely recruits regardless how good Zawadki is at it

Not salty at all....find the hire interesting considering record/kids at Creek did not play hard for Hess.
You have posted three times in this thread that the Creek players did not play hard for Coach Hess. Repeating something often does not make it true. I saw a lot of Beavercreek basketball under Coach Hess, and I thought the kids did play hard. But, more often that not, their opponents had more talent.

I didn't see Beavercreek this year, but the handful of times that I saw them the previous four years I never felt like they didn't play hard or easily gave up. More often than not, IMO the opponent just had more talent. They could have tried to balance out their records by playing a ton of tomato cans non-league but they didn't for the most part. They tried to play real competition.

I think that Kopp has done a good job at Bethel, but I also think that it's a lot easier to win at Bethel against the D3/D4 teams that are usually on their schedule than it is to win at Beavercreek against the D1 teams in their GWOC division and against GMC/GCL/OCC teams non-league. Bethel has had some killers for their level like Caleb South, and it's been that way for just about as long as I can remember. Kopp walked into a situation where he had a couple major studs (relative to competition) on day 1.

Personally, I would have had a hard time not hiring Kopp as the district already employs him and he's won a fair amount. That would tell me that Hess must have really stood out in the interview process if Kopp was indeed a candidate.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
You have posted three times in this thread that the Creek players did not play hard for Coach Hess. Repeating something often does not make it true. I saw a lot of Beavercreek basketball under Coach Hess, and I thought the kids did play hard. But, more often that not, their opponents had more talent.
I’m not the only one on here who has brought up the lack of hustle by creek under Hess but since you say they played hard it has to be true....again Troy made its hire so time will tell and best of luck to them. In your opinion if Troy consistently wins 18 games but lose in round one is that satisfactory to you? Just gauging expectations as I wouldn’t mind a 12-12 season if team makes sectional or district final but that’s me

The best BS er usually wins the job because most people interviewing are clueless. Guys that jump from job to job usually have issues at their previous stops. Sets some programs back for years.

So many Trolls on these threads I'm tellin you. Give the guy a chance. Also, Tipp is Great, gtf outta here with your bs. Always ranting about tipp this tipp that. Troy will run your behind any year in football or basketball. It doesn't matter who coaches. Worry about your school.

So many Trolls on these threads I'm tellin you. Give the guy a chance. Also, Tipp is Great, gtf outta here with your bs. Always ranting about tipp this tipp that. Troy will run your behind any year in football or basketball. It doesn't matter who coaches. Worry about your school.

"Still not buying it. If I am wrong I will admit it. But I do not believe he is taking this job".

"Tipp was never a better job than Troy. You beat CBC door mats for years and years. Troy was bad in the gwoc but still would've beaten the cupcakes you guys did"

"I get that the Burgbacher's have a connection to Tipp, but it would really
make no sense for them to go there. Why leave the best program in the league, for a middle of the pack program"

"Again spoke to my source who said Matt Burgbachsr didn’t apply and is not interested in Tipp job. Either Tipp is great is fabricating or my source is wrong."

"Jason Manson. It's possible. But from a reliable source.... Matt Burgbacher did not apply for the Tipp job. The person I asked, who is a close friend, even laughed that I even asked the question."

"Troy will still smack that . Matt Burgbacher made a massive mistake and he will pay for years to come."

"The problem with this thread is nobody truly knows what is going to happen. We are all just speculating and Burgbacher could be sitting back laughing at us all because maybe he has never even been.."

These quotes from a Tipp thread indicate a few things, one you are a hypocrite for not worrying about your own school and two you have a terrible source. Thirdly you accused me of flat out lying and making things up, when it seems that you actually made things up. Thanks Next

Kopp is a Bethel guy. I'm sure he would just as well be at his Alma mater. Bethel is growing and is going to be strong in this new conference. I see them and Northridge as the leaders. Kopp was a coach at MU and he is a good coach. I was very impressed with him.

"Still not buying it. If I am wrong I will admit it. But I do not believe he is taking this job".

"Tipp was never a better job than Troy. You beat CBC door mats for years and years. Troy was bad in the gwoc but still would've beaten the cupcakes you guys did"

"I get that the Burgbacher's have a connection to Tipp, but it would really
make no sense for them to go there. Why leave the best program in the league, for a middle of the pack program"

"Again spoke to my source who said Matt Burgbachsr didn’t apply and is not interested in Tipp job. Either Tipp is great is fabricating or my source is wrong."

"Jason Manson. It's possible. But from a reliable source.... Matt Burgbacher did not apply for the Tipp job. The person I asked, who is a close friend, even laughed that I even asked the question."

"Troy will still smack that . Matt Burgbacher made a massive mistake and he will pay for years to come."

"The problem with this thread is nobody truly knows what is going to happen. We are all just speculating and Burgbacher could be sitting back laughing at us all because maybe he has never even been.."

These quotes from a Tipp thread indicate a few things, one you are a hypocrite for not worrying about your own school and two you have a terrible source. Thirdly you accused me of flat out lying and making things up, when it seems that you actually made things up. Thanks Next

You’re like the guy who doesn’t play a down of HS football but gets into the outback “semi pro” leagues and wins MVP, then post you in your mismatched helmet and untucked nightgown jersey to make everyone all feel bad for ever doubting you’d get to the top. I can’t believe you went back and copied all his quotes �� finals must be going well.

Staunton 6-0 (1945-46)
Covington 17-9 (1950-51)
Newton 11-8 (1944-45)
Bradford 5-6 (1937-38)
Bethel 23-17 (2017-2018)
Troy Alumni 1-0 1929-30)
Lostcreek 1-0 (1949-50)
Miami East 33-9 (2015-16)
Piqua 91-85 (2018-19)
Milton-Union 16-14 (1999-2000)

Troy vs. Miami County opponents (LAST YEAR PLAYED)

Last edited: